Personal Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If I'm supposed to accept the words of a self proclaimed prophet, which should I follow? Muhammad, David Koresh, or Joseph Smith?

I would argue that we are supposed to have verification by 2 or 3 witnesses to trust any personal revelations. Witnessess can be people, scripture, signs, or whatever God chooses. Even then everything must agree with scripture.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, but fwiw what it seems like i'm really hearing is "i don't know where my browser magnification is"

Don't know much about browsers do you? No two function the same. And software, such as that for this website, have to be written to be compatible with each browser.

So no two browsers display any website identically.

I use Cyberfox, a fork of firefox. What do you use?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Don't know much about browsers do you? No two function the same. And software, such as that for this website, have to be written to be compatible with each browser.

So no two browsers display any website identically.

I use Cyberfox, a fork of firefox. What do you use?
well chrome usually, but i just tried cyberF on a mac, zoom worked fine here?
why firefox if no retailing/money exchange going on? i mean you prolly have multiple issues right, firefox does not like edit windows, etc? not my bailiwick tho, correct

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well chrome usually, but i just tried cyberF on a mac, zoom worked fine here?
why firefox if no retailing/money exchange going on? i mean you prolly have multiple issues right, firefox does not like edit windows, etc?

Chrome? I pass.

Not much experience with Mac. So I have to pass that.

They make their money off of donations from corporations and such that want to get out from under Microsoft and Google. They get millions a year.

No problems except when created by software.

I have zero problems using Zenforo on my website or using Cyberfox. So I suspect the problem here is with the server host they are using. Not all hosts are forum friendly. I use Hostgator.

There's a lot of software that will not run on Mac.

Whatever it is, it is frustrating for you and me.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo the prob there is that you will then be claiming that you are the most humble person who ever lived, or something like that, iow you will out yourself as a hypocrite. And i meant a diff passage of Paul's, but you can use me as fodder for your latest homily if you want to i guess

feels good standing there, huh?
Your comments and rebuttals are gibberish based in your own opinion and feelings.

I have tried to reason with you on a scriptural and spiritual level, but you have proven not to be up for the challenge and call to move forward and to press on in the faith, but remain bitter with envy toward those who have and do. But this we do, not of our own (as I have clearly stated), but in Christ whose promise is fulfilled in us according to all that is written.

Thus, I leave you to your frustration, your hour of decision, whether you shall be for or against those things which are promised. Meanwhile, I would prefer not to walk this ugly path with you any further, as I have done so already without you showing any sign of entering into the peace of the Lord.

Amen.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have done so already without you showing any sign of entering into the peace of the Lord.

Again, comments like this are highly condemning in nature. You can't tell another person that they have no peace with the Lord based on a few posts that you disagree with. I feel the need to refer you to Matthew 7:3-5

Reactions: Pisteuo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'm supposed to accept the words of a self proclaimed prophet, which should I follow? Muhammad, David Koresh, or Joseph Smith?

I would argue that we are supposed to have verification by 2 or 3 witnesses to trust any personal revelations. Witnessess can be people, scripture, signs, or whatever God chooses. Even then everything must agree with scripture.
We're not "supposed to accept the words of a self proclaimed prophet."

But rather we should expect (and accept) to hear from God in the multitude of His own ways of speaking to His people, which He has established and promised...which for the sake of this discussion, is absolutely not limited to His word alone. Which, indeed, can be confirmed, but not if prophetic. In which case, such a word can only be confirmed in the spirit, or only after it has come to pass.

Thus, the idea that all things can be confirmed in scripture in advance of God's own timing of things yet to come...is just wrong.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, comments like this are highly condemning in nature. You can't tell another person that they have no peace with the Lord based on a few posts that you disagree with. I feel the need to refer you to Matthew 7:3-5
And your butting in is sure to be made example of in the scriptures also.

But, no, we are not talking about "a few posts", and his lack of peace is self-evident to and exceeding the point of going on the attack. I have drawn this line in the sand for his own good, which I only do after exhaustive attempts at reason and much patience, not in condemnation, but in the love of Christ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Your comments and rebuttals are gibberish based in your own opinion and feelings.
maybe, but imo we are both aware of Paul's missive on the subject already, so i'm not inclined to shout over you, and i have assburgers i guess, so i'm not sure if i even have feelings tbh; i mean, i don't consider you a bad guy or anything, even if you avoided the point, so what, might have helped make it even to someone, etc.
But this we do, not of our own
wadr i don't do so good when i can't query this nebulous "we" that you speak of, and i guess this is some shortcoming i have prolly, as others use this all of the time. Only i note a key diff in the way Paul uses it v the way everyone else seems to, prolly worth a thread.

Anyway, fwiw i only meant to offend you a little, not a lot, ok, you have many valuable perspectives imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Pisteuo

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your butting in is sure to be made example of in the scriptures also.

But, no, we are not talking about "a few posts", and his lack of peace is self-evident to and exceeding the point of going on the attack. I have drawn this line in the sand for his own good, which I only do after exhaustive attempts at reason and much patience, not in condemnation, but in the love of Christ.

I don't know what your motivations are, but you do come across as arrogant, self elevating and being very judgmental.

Think about what I said or don't. But I have no intention of getting down in the mud with you. Just seen too many like you over the years and all are destructive, not constructive.

Thanks for listening. I am done and moving on.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but in Christ whose promise is fulfilled in us
"us" who, wadr? i don't mean to be deliberately obtuse here ok, but who is this "we" that seems so prolific, if i may ask?
see, you may not mean this at all ok, but it gets read as if you maybe aren't too sure or something, and you are seeking some like backup or imagine some people behind you agreeing with you?

which might be completely true, don't get me wrong ok, but if you could ID them i could then go Q them, see
theoretically i mean
Thus, I leave you to your frustration, your hour of decision, whether you shall be for or against those things which are promised. Meanwhile, I would prefer not to walk this ugly path with you any further, as I have done so already without you showing any sign of entering into the peace of the Lord.
i was up for sunrise this morning, ok, and i can verify where it rose from wadr
:D

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"us" who, wadr? i don't mean to be deliberately obtuse here ok, but who is this "we" that seems so prolific, if i may ask?
see, you may not mean this at all ok, but it gets read as if you maybe aren't too sure or something, and you are seeking some like backup or imagine some people behind you agreeing with you?

which might be completely true, don't get me wrong ok, but if you could ID them i could then go Q them, see
theoretically i mean
"We" and "us" are defined by your comments, and likewise those who have done the same throughout all of history, against those who have gone to the next level with God and with Christ when called upon, and now with the Holy Spirit. We say "we", because you have rightly stereotyped us into our own group...which we are happy to be a part of, because we do so as a part of, and a Oneness, with God...willingly, decisively, and in complete surrender.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah ty, fwiw i don't mind, and believe it or not i would rather have it out there if it is even possibly true, which it might be!

Reactions: Nancy and Pisteuo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what your motivations are, but you do come across as arrogant, self elevating and being very judgmental.

Think about what I said or don't. But I have no intention of getting down in the mud with you. Just seen too many like you over the years and all are destructive, not constructive.

Thanks for listening. I am done and moving on.
Jump on the bandwagon, beat a drum...and then move on.

Nice.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was a prophet. Voices in head today = not good.
If your really believe there are no prophets today, you should really reconsider that as you read the Apostle Paul wrote here:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" Eph 4:11-13

You should also study just what is meant in the scripture by the word, prophet. It does not only mean one who predicts future events, but it may includes on with such an ability.

Notice especially the purpose of the five ministries mentioned in the verses cited: For the perfection of the saints. This is that least part of the help given by God to allow us accomplish what Jesus mentions here:

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt 5:48

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. To put it your lingo, you come across as a lost cause.
Thank you, that puts me in the best of company:

Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord’s doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes’?