Personal Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott i agree that Word is heard, however this did not transform me into a non-sinner as you seem to be advertising.
but then why should you hear that from me when it is written too, right, i mean Paul has already gone over this.
ps, if you deflect again i'm just going to ignore the post ok, no offense but i have better things to do
You are not being clear. Where has Paul contradicted himself to say that "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me?"

In anticipation of your answer...do you think he was schizophrenic, that he said one thing and then said something completely different? To which my answer is: No, he was not, but you simply don't understand. That he spoke (as all things to all people) to two primarily different groups. But this he did, not to fuel an argument between those who want to believe one thing against those who want to believe another. But simply because to the one group who did not yet have Christ within, he was empathetic with their struggle. But to the others who had Christ in them already, he spoke with the confidence and affirmation that they (and he) "were" already made perfect in Christ, because (as he said) they "were" already crucified and raised up with Christ.

So, then, shall we now argue and be schizophrenic ourselves, or be confident either toward the one or to the other? If Christ is not in us, then confident that we cannot speak as if He were, and yet if Christ is in us, then confident that we can speak of the things of Christ (even in us) as being perfect [already], just as He is perfect.

I have taken my position. But I would suggest to you that you have not, but are expecting that those fully with and without Christ are equals, when they clearly are not. Such a position is not credible, but envy, and evidence of the sin nature remaining.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No offense scottA but you probably shouldn't be accusing others of blasphemy in this thread. There's no need for it
It is not an accusation, but a warning, and a rebuke.

But you are also wrong to say there is no need. Should I say nothing and be guilty myself? ...No need to answer, God has answered already.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If Christ is not in us, then confident that we cannot speak as if He were, and yet if Christ is in us, then confident that we can speak of the things of Christ (even in us) as being perfect [already], just as He is perfect.
imo the prob there is that you will then be claiming that you are the most humble person who ever lived, or something like that, iow you will out yourself as a hypocrite. And i meant a diff passage of Paul's, but you can use me as fodder for your latest homily if you want to i guess
It is not an accusation, but a warning, and a rebuke.
feels good standing there, huh?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the verse you have quoted, which says prove all things and hold fast to that which is good. And finally it is God who is good. I have no intention to contend or offend any of the brothers here.
There was an instance where Jesus said we can go wrong because we don't understand scriptures properly. And this phenomenon of God speaking directly has become so popular that people want to believe them what ever they say even surpassing the Bible.
God has spoken to us through prophets and in the last days through Jesus. I can't get reference at this time of this verse. This verse is should be sufficient. As you said proving is complicated, I pray that God through his Spirit bring us to proper understanding. Many years back God proved it to me otherwise and I hold on to it.
We are all sinners before God. Good and upright is the Lord and He will teach the sinners in the way. PS 25:8
Let God teach us things better by His Spirit through His Word.
All glory to God.

Gracious post, prashanthd. I believe the problem you're talking about is why the apostles commanded to "test the spirits." I believe demons are still at work today, and many of those who propose to teach only from the Bible are actually teaching doctrines inspired by demons.

But anyway, you have a wonderful spirit about you, so I think I will just leave it at that. :cool: Thanks for the gracious post.

Reactions: prashanthd

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ quoted every book in the old testament for proving and teaching. That he did not say the holy spirit told me.

The apostles quoted Christ and the prophets.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-23 New International Version (NIV)
21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So actually it does not dwell on testing the spirits. Christ and the apostles dwelt on the written word.

CoreIssue, the context is that prophecy was taking place, and they were testing the spirits to see whether what was being spoken should be considered as being from God.

If they were simply quoting scripture, what would have been their need to test it?!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the process I call "pastorisation" whereby the pastor stops anything spiritual thus being safe from demonic attacks...but also "safe" from God intervening by His Spirit.

In this world pasteurization kills all forms of bacteria...both bad AND good. Just like chemo-therapy kills both good and bad cells.

So it is with many religious leaders. They seek to destroy ALL things spiritual in the hope that the devil will go away. But this also kills the growth in the Spirit that the church is meant to acquire.

LoL. This is why you're still on my friends list. We disagree wildly on some stuff, but you can still come up with some zingers sometimes, and this is a great one. I need to remember it; it's an excellent analogy.

Thanks for the post. I appreciate it. :)

Reactions: Episkopos

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue, the context is that prophecy was taking place, and they were testing the spirits to see whether what was being spoken should be considered as being from God.

If they were simply quoting scripture, what would have been their need to test it?!

No, the context was not testing the spirits as you mean it. It was getting to the truth. Determining why they said what they said.

The bible is from god and given to us to learn, test, etc.

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
4151 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
pneu'ma from (4154)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Pneuma 6:332,876
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
pnyoo'-mah Noun Neuter
Definition
  1. the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    1. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the \\Holy\\ Spirit)
    2. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of \\Truth\\)
    3. never referred to as a depersonalised force
  2. the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated
    1. the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
    2. the soul
  3. a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    1. a life giving spirit
    2. a human soul that has left the body
    3. a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel
      1. used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men
      2. the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ
  4. the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one
    1. the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.
  5. a movement of air (a gentle blast)
    1. of the wind, hence the wind itself
    2. breath of nostrils or mouth

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LoL. This is why you're still on my friends list. We disagree wildly on some stuff, but you can still come up with some zingers sometimes, and this is a great one. I need to remember it; it's an excellent analogy.

Thanks for the post. I appreciate it. :)

LOL. But seriously...how do you know that there are some zingers that you just aren't seeing yet?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did support it.

As for bolding and Italics, that is so it does not get included in a what I'm quoting.

Nor do I put everything in bold.

For some reason, the quotes in this form simply do not show up as distinct quotes as they do in others.

I also use XenForo on my forum, but use a different style. The quotes are distinct.

Using bold in a regular post is called shouting.

Ok... I'm just telling you it's pretty rough on the eyes. :) But maybe when I'm responding I can transfer it to quote, un-bold it, and then read it while responding.

Thanks for the heads up.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. It's kinda hard to have a conversation with someone who is BLOWING YOUR HEAD OFF WITH EVERY WORD, LoL.

The thing is you cannot get through a point without injecting the word spirit as if it's the supernatural event.

If that's not what you mean, you need to rephrase.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:) I can tell because the baseball field is only so long, brother. LoL.

But there is more field out of your park. Even a small bit of Faith can say to those barriers...move...and they will move. The truth lies beyond what we can conceive of...or what sounds "reasonable" to us...unless we have been beyond those limitations ourselves.

With God there are no limitations. There are no walls.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is you cannot get through a point without injecting the word spirit as if it's the supernatural event.

If that's not what you mean, you need to rephrase.

Well, this is probably where our doctrinal foundations differ greatly, because I'm guessing you tend to downplay supernatural realities more than you should.

Reactions: ScottA

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok... I'm just telling you it's pretty rough on the eyes. :) But maybe when I'm responding I can transfer it to quote, un-bold it, and then read it while responding.

Thanks for the heads up.
I fixed that on my website by changing background so that quotes stand out from regular text. It works, but does quite requires some work and knowing what you're doing. But that

I'm not sure which word processors would do what you want.

I use OpenOffice. It is free.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, this is probably where our doctrinal foundations differ greatly, because I'm guessing you tend to downplay supernatural realities more than you should.

I do not downplay supernatural at all. But I do recognize the bible does not overplay it. Our freewill is ours, not supernatural.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I did support it.

As for bolding and Italics, that is so it does not get included in a what I'm quoting.

Nor do I put everything in bold.

For some reason, the quotes in this form simply do not show up as distinct quotes as they do in others.

I also use XenForo on my forum, but use a different style. The quotes are distinct.

Using bold in a regular post is called shouting.

of course if i put my reply up here it becomes a lot less distinct i guess
i just quoted you, seems distinct to me? please click to expand