PETER AND PAUL PREACHED DIFFERENT GOSPELS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not adversaries here, allow me my insights:
Acts 2:21 is citing calling on the name of the Lord for salvation, which corresponds to Joel 2:32, which was given to Israel, not the church, today.

Romans 10:13 is not given to the church today, the body of Christ, but is referencing the Gentiles and the believing remnant of Israel, who would call upon the name of the Lord, as seen for Israel in the prophets (Psalm 86:5 Isaiah 55:6) , and enter the kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ.
lol

Romans was given to the gentile church of rome and is applicable to us yesterday today and tomorrow

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but, Peter preached to believe on the name of Jesus (Matthew 16:16), that he is Christ, the Son of God, nothing of the cross, nothing of his death and resurrection until the Lord opened their understanding........but his death was to forgive their sins under the covenant (Hebrews 9:15) and his resurrection was to ascend until his coming to sit on the throne of David (Acts 2:30).
John and all the disciples preached only the name of Jesus (John 20:31). John 3:16 says nothing of the cross.

This is an interesting observation, of emphasis in the written word, ie the letters written by Paul and those by the other apostles and elders. But I would add these are just some of the letters, and mostly they were preaching and not writing.

So the letters reflect a small part of their ministry, but summarise all the different aspects in the body of Christ.
Now the emphasis is agreed by all will not be commented on, because they all agree it. And over centuries of theologians learning and considering the different aspects, they agree it is one united whole.

It takes time for the whole ambit of the word to form in ones heart and mind. Some sentences put an idea, which has layers of authority and structure which at first can appear different until after a time they all make a whole. Then it becomes clear they were speaking to an eternal truth, but emphasising different aspects to different fellowships who had differing issues.

What has staggard me is facing heretics on forums, my arguments can be written out be me, dismissed or the same arguments lifted from scripture, authoritative. I then saw why they were structured as they were, because a subtle emphasis is easily missed, or one difference highlighted as an issue, rather than a personality expression. Once you begin to see universal truths and specific application, then things can become clearer.

On the subject of the cross, the cross is the ultimate symbol of sacrificial love, so where love is mentioned, the cross can also be put. The word "agape" in greek is often used, which christians adopted as the symbol of Jesus, that appears not to have existed before Jesus as a definition. So John pictures Peter being asked to you agape me, do your agape me, do you philio me. (John 21:15-17)

What Jesus is, is the atoning sacrifice, the lamb, the blood, forgiveness for sins, salvation, redemption which are all found in all the scriptures. Scripture is very unusual, it rarely repeats a phrase, but says the same thing in many different ways, so you need to read it all and meditate on it, and it will begin to speak to your heart, not like a concordance, but to those who seek after God and His face. God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are not adversaries here, allow me my insights:
Acts 2:21 is citing calling on the name of the Lord for salvation, which corresponds to Joel 2:32, which was given to Israel, not the church, today.

Romans 10:13 is not given to the church today, the body of Christ, but is referencing the Gentiles and the believing remnant of Israel, who would call upon the name of the Lord, as seen for Israel in the prophets (Psalm 86:5 Isaiah 55:6) , and enter the kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ.

This made me laugh "We are not adversaries here"

Jesus said
16 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
Matt 10:16

You may not regard others in this way, but it does not stop others doing it in their own minds towards you. One mistake I made was in thinking a believer would regard me with respect, honour and love. I had to reframe the concept, a believer would, but others come looking to convert and fully assured one is on ones way to the pit and bringing others with you. And some of this sort will actually use those words to ones face, while another group do it in their minds. And my response is God help them.

The tenor of a contribution often gives it away, rather than this is another perspective, it is you are wrong etc.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

Romans was given to the gentile church of rome and is applicable to us yesterday today and tomorrow
Yes, Paul wrote Romans to the church but the subject he was dealing with in Romans 9,10, and 11 is Israel.

Romans 9:24 Not only the Jews believed the gospel of the kingdom, and the preaching of Jesus and the twelve, but also Gentiles (Acts 10:45). This was not our gospel of grace. They only believed on the name of Jesus (John 3:18 John 20:31).

Romans 9:27 This is identifying the remnant of Israel as what Paul is talking about. The remnant is the believing Jews and Gentiles who will enter the promised kingdom on earth (Isaiah 2:2-3 Exodus 19:5-6).

Romans 9:30 Those Gentiles had faith, which Israel rejected.

Romans 11:5 At the time Paul was writing, the remnant of Israel, Jew and Gentile, were participants in the church.

Romans 11:11 The believing Gentiles would provoke unbelieving Israel to jealousy.

Romans 11:13 Paul was speaking to the Gentiles, not in the body of Christ, but in the remnant of Israel.

Romans 11:17 The Gentiles were grafted into the remnant of Israel.

Romans 11:20 Unbelieving Israel was broken off the tree. The Gentiles were grafted in by faith

Romans 11:20 The Gentiles could also be broken off branches.

Romans 11:25-27 Israel will be saved.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Paul wrote Romans to the church but the subject he was dealing with in Romans 9,10, and 11 is Israel.

Romans 9:24 Not only the Jews believed the gospel of the kingdom, and the preaching of Jesus and the twelve, but also Gentiles (Acts 10:45). This was not our gospel of grace. They only believed on the name of Jesus (John 3:18 John 20:31).

Romans 9:27 This is identifying the remnant of Israel as what Paul is talking about. The remnant is the believing Jews and Gentiles who will enter the promised kingdom on earth (Isaiah 2:2-3 Exodus 19:5-6).

Romans 9:30 Those Gentiles had faith, which Israel rejected.

Romans 11:5 At the time Paul was writing, the remnant of Israel, Jew and Gentile, were participants in the church.

Romans 11:11 The believing Gentiles would provoke unbelieving Israel to jealousy.

Romans 11:13 Paul was speaking to the Gentiles, not in the body of Christ, but in the remnant of Israel.

Romans 11:17 The Gentiles were grafted into the remnant of Israel.

Romans 11:20 Unbelieving Israel was broken off the tree. The Gentiles were grafted in by faith

Romans 11:20 The Gentiles could also be broken off branches.

Romans 11:25-27 Israel will be saved.

Yes But it still is applicable to the Gentiles

The same message was given to both..

Your not saved any different than any other person is saved, if you think so you are proclaiming there are more than one gospel. In siuch case. You need to be directed to Galatians chapter one. About anyone preaching another gospel

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes But it still is applicable to the Gentiles

The same message was given to both..

Your not saved any different than any other person is saved, if you think so you are proclaiming there are more than one gospel. In siuch case. You need to be directed to Galatians chapter one. About anyone preaching another gospel

The warning of preaching another gospel than Paul's could not possibly apply to the gospel preached by Jesus and the twelve, for one thing, the gospel of the kingdom was preached by Jesus himself (Matthew 4:23), for another, Paul was not preaching his gospel at that time.

We are not saved by believing the gospel of the kingdom, by believing only in the name of Jesus (Mark 16:16 John 20:31).

The twelve disciples were not preaching the death and resurrection when Jesus sent them to preach the gospel (Luke 9:6), and in fact, did not understand when Christ spoke of it (Luke 18:34 Mark 9:31).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The warning of preaching another gospel than Paul's could not possibly apply to the gospel preached by Jesus and the twelve, for one thing, the gospel of the kingdom was preached by Jesus himself (Matthew 4:23), for another, Paul was not preaching his gospel at that time.

I am sorry, By saying things like this I just can not continue..

Good luck in your quest of whatever your trying to do.

I will stick to the word of God

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1 Peter 1:1 Peter writes 1 Peter to different regions, among which are Bithynia and Galatia.

God forbad Paul to go to Bithynia; but Galatia was deeply affected by Paul's doctrines as the apostle to the Gentiles.

Therefore Peter's writings are to both Jew and Gentile.