PETER AND PAUL PREACHED DIFFERENT GOSPELS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that around the Jew, the Gentile and the church of God (1 Corinthians 10.32) there are different schemes in God's plans.
I do not see it as people. I see it as in ages. (dispensations)

Even in the Jewish age (as some call it) , Gentiles were saved. Jonah preached and a whole gentile city came to God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see that everything will end simultaneously for the three distinct peoples.
how so
In the end The whole world will worship the kings. The jews in Israel. The Gentiles in their nations. And all will be part of the church (body of Christ)

and when satan is unbound and leads the final rebellion. The end of this world as we know it will cease. and all who are saved of all nations will nter the new heavens and earth

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
how so
In the end The whole world will worship the kings. The jews in Israel. The Gentiles in their nations. And all will be part of the church (body of Christ)

and when satan is unbound and leads the final rebellion. The end of this world as we know it will cease. and all who are saved of all nations will nter the new heavens and earth
I see that the church will be raptured (John 14; 1 Thess. 4; 1 Corinthians 11.26), while there will be a remnant (Matthew 24, where the language strongly relates to an earthly people, Israel), whereas the church is a heavenly one (Ephesians 1).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that the church will be raptured (John 14; 1 Thess. 4; 1 Corinthians 11.26), while there will be a remnant (Matthew 24, where the language strongly relates to an earthly people, Israel), whereas the church is a heavenly one (Ephesians 1).
Jewish believers will be resurrected with the church, they are part of the church.

All people. jew or gentile who are saved in the tribulation will reform the church here on earth. Those who endure to the end, will ive, and enter the kingdom age with Jesus. and will go on for 1000 years

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jewish believers will be resurrected with the church, they are part of the church.

All people. jew or gentile who are saved in the tribulation will reform the church here on earth. Those who endure to the end, will ive, and enter the kingdom age with Jesus. and will go on for 1000 years
We would probably differ as to the exact definition of the church.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We would probably differ as to the exact definition of the church.
The church comes from the word ekklesia. It means a gathering, I consider it the body of Christ.

The jews in the OT where called the church of God. And this church includes gentiles

The NT church consists of all believers no matter if they are jew or gentile

the tribulation church will include jew and gentile

the kingdom church will do the same

in the end, the whole church will be one and spend eternity with her savior

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The church comes from the word ekklesia. It means a gathering, I consider it the body of Christ.

The jews in the OT where called the church of God. And this church includes gentiles

The NT church consists of all believers no matter if they are jew or gentile

the tribulation church will include jew and gentile

the kingdom church will do the same

in the end, the whole church will be one and spend eternity with her savior
I really don't see the church in the Old Testament. Pentecost is where the church started, when the Spirit came to indwell; and the Rapture is where the church will be taken up, with the restraining influence of the Spirit in the world taken away.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't see the church in the Old Testament. Pentecost is where the church started, when the Spirit came to indwell; and the Rapture is where the church will be taken up, with the restraining influence of the Spirit in the world taken away.

Modern day church your correct.

But a church, no

again, Church just means a gathering, It ocmes from the greek word ekklesia

There was a jewish ekklesia in the OT

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Modern day church your correct.

But a church, no

again, Church just means a gathering, It ocmes from the greek word ekklesia

There was a jewish ekklesia in the OT
I don't see any Biblical evidence of the church in the Old Testament; it was Israel, justified saints, a faithful remnant, etc., but the church as I see it began at Pentecost.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see any Biblical evidence of the church in the Old Testament; it was Israel, justified saints, a faithful remnant, etc., but the church as I see it began at Pentecost.
You thinking of the NT church

I am using the definition of the word.

Yes they are not the same in the way they function or looked. I agree

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means to handle it correctly.
Ok, I go along with that, we are not enemies here, and that, means to know the audience, the message, and who obeys commands.....it also means the ability to discern the purposes of God....for Israel and for the body of Christ.

Last edited:

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mystery was not that Paul had a different Gospel. It was that whereas Israel was the exclusive People of God in the OT era, God had planned all along to fashion a way to allow entry for the pagan nations.
We are not antagonists here, we are just trying to understand the Bible.
Israel was, as you said, the people of God, salvation was of the Jews....God always provided salvation to Gentiles, they could be proselytes (Exodus 12:48).
The gospel of Paul conveyed that all, not just Jews, were justified freely by the cross (Romans 3:24 1 Timothy 2:6).

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not antagonists here, we are just trying to understand the Bible.
Israel was, as you said, the people of God, salvation was of the Jews....God always provided salvation to Gentiles, they could be proselytes (Exodus 12:48).
The gospel of Paul conveyed that all, not just Jews, were justified freely by the cross (Romans 3:24 1 Timothy 2:6).
Absolutely, we have the same Christ and the same Salvation. No hard feelings on different subjects--I hold my positions until they are proven wrong. If that happens, I would thank my opponent! :) I really do want to get it right!

So everything you say here is true. Gentiles could indeed convert, although I don't think it's practical to assume that the rest of the world would venture over to tiny Israel to consult them on religious values. ;)

No, God's standard has always been His word, and that word has gone out throughout the earth, and crossed the heavens, etc. That's what the Scriptures say, that God's voice is heard everywhere that there is a human conscience.

The purpose of the Gospel is to clarify truth that is otherwise murky, due to the hardening of our hearts and due to the darkening of our understanding. And the Gospel, of course, is also to bring men into judgment, so that they do not try to skate past things, and leave in their wake lots of victims.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this too is wrong, on so many levels.
Peter-
Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved.’
Paul -
Romans 10:13
For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

We are not adversaries here, allow me my insights:
Acts 2:21 is citing calling on the name of the Lord for salvation, which corresponds to Joel 2:32, which was given to Israel, not the church, today.

Romans 10:13 is not given to the church today, the body of Christ, but is referencing the Gentiles and the believing remnant of Israel, who would call upon the name of the Lord, as seen for Israel in the prophets (Psalm 86:5 Isaiah 55:6) , and enter the kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, we have the same Christ and the same Salvation. No hard feelings on different subjects--I hold my positions until they are proven wrong. If that happens, I would thank my opponent! :) I really do want to get it right!

So everything you say here is true. Gentiles could indeed convert, although I don't think it's practical to assume that the rest of the world would venture over to tiny Israel to consult them on religious values. ;)

No, God's standard has always been His word, and that word has gone out throughout the earth, and crossed the heavens, etc. That's what the Scriptures say, that God's voice is heard everywhere that there is a human conscience.

The purpose of the Gospel is to clarify truth that is otherwise murky, due to the hardening of our hearts and due to the darkening of our understanding. And the Gospel, of course, is also to bring men into judgment, so that they do not try to skate past things, and leave in their wake lots of victims.

I so do appreciate your attitude here bro.
I have changed my understanding quite a few times...keep growing in understanding.
We must verify everything said by the scripture.

Last edited:

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Israel was supposed to be a light to the Gentiles, to bring them to God and bless the world (Isaiah 60:3). Israel failed, over and over...God had to make a new covenant with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31) by which, he would cause them to be that light.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel was supposed to be a light to the Gentiles, to bring them to God and bless the world (Isaiah 60:3). Israel failed, over and over...God had to make a new covenant with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31) by which, he would cause them to be that light.
Well that's certainly true. Through the Apostles and through the biblical record they left many nations have been reached with the Gospel. I was just responding to your claim that Gentiles have always been given access to Salvation through proselytization. I was just saying that isn't practical, just as it is never practical for unbridled immigration to take place into a small country.

My point is that Salvation is spiritual, and does not always require clear understanding, such as is now available through the Gospel. Salvation has always existed in the heart of God on behalf of all nations, whether they knew the Gospel or not, whether they knew about the Jews or not.

It's just that God wants clarity, so that people can better serve the interests of righteousness and obedience, and so that their behavior can more quickly brought under the scrutiny of divine judgment. God prefers to warn people before judging them.

The Gospel provides such a warning, not just so that people can get saved, but also so that people can have their lawless ways be brought under judgment. Having the Gospel preached to them stops allowing them to have any excuses not to repent.