PETER AND PAUL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are differences in preaching between the twelve apostles and the apostle Paul which show they did not preach the same thing.

Forgiveness:

The twelve preached forgiveness for the nation at the coming of Christ (Acts 3:19).

The twelve were to teach in order to be forgiven, they had to forgive others (Matthew 6:14-15).

Paul preached forgiveness now in Christ (Colossians 1:14).

Destination:

The twelve were appointed to judge the twelve tribes in the Davidic kingdom on earth (Luke 22:30). The twelve preached that believing Israel would be given the earthly kingdom (Luke 12:32).

Paul preached the heavenly places for the body of Christ (Ephesians 2:6).

But, here are the similarities between the twelve and Paul.

The name of Jesus:

The twelve preached the name of Jesus (John 1:12).

Paul preached the name of Jesus (Acts 9:29 Romans 1:5 1 Corinthians 1:2).

Jesus the Christ, the Son of God:

The twelve preached Jesus as Christ, the Son of God (Matthew 16:16).

Paul preached Jesus as Christ, the Son of God (2 Corinthians 1:19).

The gospel of Christ:

The twelve preached the gospel of Christ (Mark 1:1).

Paul preached the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16) but with further revelations made known to him by revelations of the Lord Jesus Christ ( 2 Corinthians 12:7 Ephesians 3:2-7).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the gospel as it was revealed to Paul was not hidden from the other apostles. I believe that Jesus spoke to them about it.

But, of course, there were things that they could not bear when Jesus walked the earth and that He would reveal to them after the Holy Spirit came, via the Holy Spirit.

But I believe that Jesus at the very least hinted at these things to the apostles during His earthly ministry.