Peter identifies Jesus as our God and Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean is simply this: anyone who denies that Jesus is God CANNOT be saved.

Only God as Man could pay for the sins of the whole world, and the Bible is crystal clear that Jesus is God. That is called the deity of Christ (although some use the term divinity, which is not exactly the same).

Do you mean that there is no hope for antitheists? or perhaps that one logically cannot be saved and deny that Jesus is God at the same time?

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean is simply this: anyone who denies that Jesus is God CANNOT be saved.

Only God as Man could pay for the sins of the whole world, and the Bible is crystal clear that Jesus is God. That is called the deity of Christ (although some use the term divinity, which is not exactly the same).

The Bible doesn't say those that deny Jesus to be God won't be saved. John 3:16 which God's Holy Spirit inspired men to write down says: "for God so loved the world, that he gave his Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The words of 1Peter 3:21 confirm that the entire baptismal arrangement, including a public expression of faith, is essential for salvation. The apostle wrote: “That which corresponds to this is also now saving you, namely, baptism, (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the request made to God for a good conscience,) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”

Clearly, the mere act of getting immersed in water is not what saves. Salvation does not result from a “putting away of the filth of the flesh” by a solemn external washing. Peter showed that salvation is “through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” This means that the one getting baptized must have faith that salvation is only possible because the Son of God died a sacrificial death and was then resurrected on the third day. It is also essential that he/she accept Jesus as his/her Lord or Master with full authority to judge the living and the dead, for Peter continued: “He is at God’s right hand, for he went his way to heaven; and angels and authorities and powers were made subject to him.” 1Peter3:22

Then, too, it is with baptism that Peter associated “the request made to God for a good conscience.” To come into possession of a good conscience, all who get immersed must repent of their sins, turn around from a wrong course and dedicate themselves fully to God through Christ. Baptism is the public symbol of the heartfelt dedication now made by the individual and the expression of faith that he/she has made with his/her
mouth. After following through on what Jehovah God requires, the baptized disciple comes into possession of a good conscience. As long as he/she maintains that good conscience he/her is in a saved condition. Divine condemnatory judgment will not be expressed against him/her.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SALVATION
The person who is saved has new hopes and aspirations. Rather than resting his hopes on the accomplishments of this present system of things,(Wicked World) he looks forward with confidence to the realization of what his Savior, Jesus Christ, has promised for him. He realizes from the Bible that the whole world of mankind, as descendants of the willful sinner Adam, are under the condemnation of sin and death. When Adam sinned, he “sold” all his descendants into the slavery of sin and death. Romans 3:23,24; 5:12

However, Jesus Christ offered his perfect human life in sacrifice on the torture stake as the price to redeem what Adam had lost, thus ransoming mankind. Jesus paid the exact price required—a perfect human life for a perfect human life—no more and no less. Paul stated: “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all.” (1Timothy 2:5,6) You have reason for hope then. If you accept Jesus’ ransom, you can be ‘set free from the law of sin and death.’ (Romans 8:2) Saved mankind thus has a new hope of life. It is a prospect of everlasting life, even as Adam originally had the prospect of living forever on a paradise earth.

The marvelous benefits of being saved through Jesus Christ do not come automatically to anyone. At Hebrews 7:25 Paul shows that Jesus ‘is able to save those approaching God through him.’ In accord with this, to be saved a person must appreciate the difference between God and Christ. They are not equal parts of a triune god but are separate persons. Jehovah God is the Supreme One. He arranged for his Son to provide the ransom. Clearly, then, for a person to be truly saved he must separate himself from those religions of Christendom who teach falsely that Jesus and God are one and the same. Jesus himself said: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” John 17:3

However, you need more to be saved. The apostle Paul wrote: “After he [Jesus] had been made perfect he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him.” (Hebrews 5:9 Such obedience is not easy in this world alienated from God. Jesus stated: “I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another.” (John 13:34) This obviously means that those who are saved do not steal from another person, do not live immoral lives, do not lie or defraud one another. Our eternal salvation depends on obedience to God in such things.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

2 Peter 1:11
and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's]. Therefore, by basic grammar, we are identifying Jesus as God and Savior. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior/ Lord and Savior in Peters 2nd Epistle.

But for those interested in the Greek here is the comparison of 1:1 and 1:11.

τοῦ is the same.
ἡμῶν is the same.
καὶ is the same.
Σωτῆρος is the same.
Ἰησοῦ is the same.
Χριστοῦ· is the same.

And all in the same order as we see above , the construction is the same.

The only difference is the noun "Θεοῦ" in v.1, while "Κυρίου" is in v.11.

So if he wants to deny that Jesus is "God" ("theou") in v.1, then he has to deny that Jesus is "Lord" ("kuriou") in v.11. Otherwise he's being inconsistent and dishonest with the text. To say otherwise is proof positive one has an agenda when reading scripture and using eisegesis rather than exegesis of the biblical text in question.

hope this helps !!!

The scripture Titus 2:13 says:
Of the Great God and of [the] Savior of Us, Christ Jesus." In Greek it's written:
τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ
(tou me·gaʹlou The·ouʹ kai so·teʹros he·monʹ Khri·stouʹ I·e·souʹ)

Some translations of this scripture are:

1934 The Riverside New Testament, Boston and New York translates this scripture: “of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus”

1935 A New Translation of the Bible, by James Moffatt, New York and London says: “of the great God and of our Saviour Christ Jesus”

1950 New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures , Brooklyn translates it as: "of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus”

1957 La Sainte Bible, by Louis Second, Paris translates it as: “of the great God and of our Savior Jesus Christ”

1970 The New American Bible, New York and London translates it as: “of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus”

1972 The New Testament in Modern English, by J.B. Phillips New York translates it as: “of the great God and of Christ Jesus our saviour”

In this place we find two nouns connected by καί (kai, “and”), the first noun being preceded by the definite article τοῦ (tou, “of the”) and the second noun without the definite article. A similar construction is found in 2Pe 1:1, 2, where, in vs 2, a clear distinction is made between God and Jesus. This indicates that when two distinct persons are connected by καί, if the first person is preceded by the definite article it is not necessary to repeat the definite article before the second person. Examples of this construction in the Greek text are found in Acts 13:50; 15:22; Ephesians 5:5; 2 Thessalonians 1:12; 1 Timothy 5:21; 6:13; 2 Timothy 4:1. This construction is also found in LXX. (See Pr 24:21 ftn.) According to An Idiom Book of New Testament Greek, by C. F. D. Moule, Cambridge, England, 1971, p. 109, the sense “of the great God, and of our Saviour Jesus Christ . . . is possible in κοινή [koi·neʹ] Greek even without the repetition [of the definite article].”

A detailed study of the construction in Tit 2:13 is found in The Authorship of the Fourth Gospel and Other Critical Essays, by Ezra Abbot, Boston, 1888, pp. 439-457. On p. 452 of this work the following comments are found: “Take an example from the New Testament. In Matt. xxi. 12 we read that Jesus ‘cast out all those that were selling and buying in the temple,’ τοὺς πωλοῦντας καὶ ἀγοράζοντας [tous po·lounʹtas kai a·go·raʹzon·tas]. No one can reasonably suppose that the same persons are here described as both selling and buying. In Mark the two classes are made distinct by the insertion of τούς before ἀγοράζοντας; here it is safely left to the intelligence of the reader to distinguish them. In the case before us [Tit 2:13], the omission of the article before σωτῆρος [so·teʹros] seems to me to present no difficulty,—not because σωτῆρος is made sufficiently definite by the addition of ἡμῶν [he·monʹ] (Winer), for, since God as well as Christ is often called “our Saviour,” ἡ δόξα τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν [he doʹxa tou me·gaʹlou The·ouʹ kai so·teʹros he·monʹ], standing alone, would most naturally be understood of one subject, namely, God, the Father; but the addition of Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ to σωτῆρος ἡμῶν [I·e·souʹ Khri·stouʹ to so·teʹros he·monʹ] changes the case entirely, restricting the σωτῆρος ἡμῶν to a person or being who, according to Paul’s habitual use of language, is distinguished from the person or being whom he designates as ὁ θεός [ho The·osʹ], so that there was no need of the repetition of the article to prevent ambiguity. So in 2 Thess. i. 12, the expression κατὰ τὴν χάριν τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ κυρίου [ka·taʹ ten khaʹrin tou The·ouʹ he·monʹ kai ky·riʹou] would naturally be understood of one subject, and the article would be required before κυρίου if two were intended; but the simple addition of Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ to κυρίου [I·e·souʹ Khri·stouʹ to ky·riʹou] makes the reference to the two distinct subjects clear without the insertion of the article.”

Therefore, in Tit 2:13, two distinct persons, Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, are mentioned. Throughout the Holy Scriptures it is not possible to identify Jehovah and Jesus as being the same individual. This obviously would include the scripture 2 Peter 1:1 especially when verse 2 of 2 Peter chapter 1 makes a clear distinction between God and Jesus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture Titus 2:13 says:
Of the Great God and of [the] Savior of Us, Christ Jesus." In Greek it's written:
τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ
(tou me·gaʹlou The·ouʹ kai so·teʹros he·monʹ Khri·stouʹ I·e·souʹ)

Some translations of this scripture are:

1934 The Riverside New Testament, Boston and New York translates this scripture: “of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus”

1935 A New Translation of the Bible, by James Moffatt, New York and London says: “of the great God and of our Saviour Christ Jesus”

1950 New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures , Brooklyn translates it as: "of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus”

1957 La Sainte Bible, by Louis Second, Paris translates it as: “of the great God and of our Savior Jesus Christ”

1970 The New American Bible, New York and London translates it as: “of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus”

1972 The New Testament in Modern English, by J.B. Phillips New York translates it as: “of the great God and of Christ Jesus our saviour”

In this place we find two nouns connected by καί (kai, “and”), the first noun being preceded by the definite article τοῦ (tou, “of the”) and the second noun without the definite article. A similar construction is found in 2Pe 1:1, 2, where, in vs 2, a clear distinction is made between God and Jesus. This indicates that when two distinct persons are connected by καί, if the first person is preceded by the definite article it is not necessary to repeat the definite article before the second person. Examples of this construction in the Greek text are found in Acts 13:50; 15:22; Ephesians 5:5; 2 Thessalonians 1:12; 1 Timothy 5:21; 6:13; 2 Timothy 4:1. This construction is also found in LXX. (See Pr 24:21 ftn.) According to An Idiom Book of New Testament Greek, by C. F. D. Moule, Cambridge, England, 1971, p. 109, the sense “of the great God, and of our Saviour Jesus Christ . . . is possible in κοινή [koi·neʹ] Greek even without the repetition [of the definite article].”

A detailed study of the construction in Tit 2:13 is found in The Authorship of the Fourth Gospel and Other Critical Essays, by Ezra Abbot, Boston, 1888, pp. 439-457. On p. 452 of this work the following comments are found: “Take an example from the New Testament. In Matt. xxi. 12 we read that Jesus ‘cast out all those that were selling and buying in the temple,’ τοὺς πωλοῦντας καὶ ἀγοράζοντας [tous po·lounʹtas kai a·go·raʹzon·tas]. No one can reasonably suppose that the same persons are here described as both selling and buying. In Mark the two classes are made distinct by the insertion of τούς before ἀγοράζοντας; here it is safely left to the intelligence of the reader to distinguish them. In the case before us [Tit 2:13], the omission of the article before σωτῆρος [so·teʹros] seems to me to present no difficulty,—not because σωτῆρος is made sufficiently definite by the addition of ἡμῶν [he·monʹ] (Winer), for, since God as well as Christ is often called “our Saviour,” ἡ δόξα τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν [he doʹxa tou me·gaʹlou The·ouʹ kai so·teʹros he·monʹ], standing alone, would most naturally be understood of one subject, namely, God, the Father; but the addition of Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ to σωτῆρος ἡμῶν [I·e·souʹ Khri·stouʹ to so·teʹros he·monʹ] changes the case entirely, restricting the σωτῆρος ἡμῶν to a person or being who, according to Paul’s habitual use of language, is distinguished from the person or being whom he designates as ὁ θεός [ho The·osʹ], so that there was no need of the repetition of the article to prevent ambiguity. So in 2 Thess. i. 12, the expression κατὰ τὴν χάριν τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ κυρίου [ka·taʹ ten khaʹrin tou The·ouʹ he·monʹ kai ky·riʹou] would naturally be understood of one subject, and the article would be required before κυρίου if two were intended; but the simple addition of Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ to κυρίου [I·e·souʹ Khri·stouʹ to ky·riʹou] makes the reference to the two distinct subjects clear without the insertion of the article.”

Therefore, in Tit 2:13, two distinct persons, Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, are mentioned. Throughout the Holy Scriptures it is not possible to identify Jehovah and Jesus as being the same individual. This obviously would include the scripture 2 Peter 1:1 especially when verse 2 of 2 Peter chapter 1 makes a clear distinction between God and Jesus
Did Kingdom Hall tell you that you're a Greek expert? Don't believe everything KH tells you. In fact, don't believe anything they tell you. KH is leading millions to Hell fire.

Reactions: ChristisGod

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Kingdom Hall tell you that you're a Greek expert? Don't believe everything KH tells you. In fact, don't believe anything they tell you. KH is leading millions to Hell fire.

What you don't understand and probably dislike is that I believe the anointed of God who are the humans who will be in heaven with Jesus ruling in that Heavenly Kingdom over the Earth with Jesus, to be Jehovah witnesses. What you choose to believe is your choice, but you nor anyone else has convinced me from the scriptures that I'm wrong.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you don't understand and probably dislike is that I believe the anointed of God who are the humans who will be in heaven with Jesus ruling in that Heavenly Kingdom over the Earth with Jesus, to be Jehovah witnesses. What you choose to believe is your choice, but you nor anyone else has convinced me from the scriptures that I'm wrong.
Of course you don't believe me. KH has washed your brain. You made one of the worst mistakes of your life when you walked into Kingdom Hall.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you don't believe me. KH has washed your brain. You made one of the worst mistakes of your life when you walked into Kingdom Hall.

It's typical of you to say someone is brainwashed who disagrees with you. You really don't think people have the right to exercise their right to disagree with you. The fact that you judge someone when he/she disagrees with you is proof of that because you go beyond disagreeing with someone, you judge. You think you are above everyone when you judge like you do. You think you're equal to God because you judge as though you're infallible like him. You're not like him, you're just another imperfect human like everyone else on the planet. I can understand agreeing to disagree but when you judge you go beyond just disagreeing. It's impossible I guess for you to simply to agree to disagree.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BARNEY BRIGHT Let me ask you this is Jesus Lord and Savior in 2 Peter 1:11 ? yes or no

And what about 2 Peter 2:20 and 2 Peter 3:18 ? Is Jesus the Lord and Savior there or is it 2 people ?

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its nothing but a cut n paste he doesn't know Greek as he is just parroting the JW's line of corrupt reasoning.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you stepped into KH you stepped one foot into Hell fire, hopefully not both feet!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BARNEY BRIGHT Let me ask you this is Jesus Lord and Savior in 2 Peter 1:11 ? yes or no

And what about 2 Peter 2:20 and 2 Peter 3:18 ? Is Jesus the Lord and Savior there or is it 2 people ?

In scripture both Jesus and Jesus Father and God is said to be our Lord and Savior, here at 2 Peter 1:11 it's talking about Jesus Christ being Lord and Savior.[/Quote\]

LORD:
The Greek and Hebrew words rendered “lord” (or such related terms as “sir,” “owner,” “master”) are used with reference to Jehovah God ( Ezekiel 3: 11), Jesus Christ (Matthew 7: 21), one of the elders seen by John in vision (Revelation 7: 13,14), angels ( Genesis 19:1,2; Daniel 12:8), men ( 1 Samuel 25: 24; Acts 16:16,19, 30), and false deities ( 1 Corinthians 8:5). Often the designation “lord” denotes one who has ownership or authority and power over persons or things. (Genesis 24:9; 42:30;45:8,9; 1 king 16:24; Luke 19:33; Acts 25:26; Ephesians 6:5)This title was applied by Sarah to her husband (Genesis 18:12), by children to their fathers (Genesis 31:35), and by a younger brother to his older brother (Genesis 32:5, 6). It appears as a title of respect addressed to prominent persons, public officials, prophets, and kings. ( Genesis 23:6; 42:10; Numbers 11:28; 2 Samuel 1:10; 2 King 8:10-12; Matthew 27: 63) When used in addressing strangers, “lord,” or “sir,” served as a title of courtesy. John 12:21; 20:15; Acts 16:30.
Jehovah God is the “Lord of heaven and earth,” being the Universal Sovereign by reason of his being Creator. ( Matthew 11: 25; Revelation 4:11) Heavenly creatures speak of him as “Lord,” as reported at Revelation 11:15, which says: “Loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: ‘The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord [Jehovah] and of his Christ.’” Faithful servants of God on earth addressed him as “Sovereign Lord,” and this title appears over 300 times in the inspired Scriptures. (Genesis 15:2; Revelation 6:10) He is also appropriately described as “the true Lord.” (Isaiah 1:24) It is at his direction that people are gathered, or harvested, for life. So petitions for more workers to assist in the harvest must be made to him as the “Master [Lord] of the harvest.” Matthew 9: 37, 38.
While on earth, Jesus Christ referred to himself as “Lord of the sabbath.” (Matthew 12:8) Appropriately, he used the Sabbath for doing the work commanded by his heavenly Father. That work included healing the sick. (compare Matthew 8:16,17.) Jesus knew that the Mosaic Law, with its Sabbath requirement, was “a shadow of the good things to come.” (Hebrew 10:1) In connection with those “good things to come,” there is a sabbath of which he is to be the Lord of the Sabbath.
While Jesus Christ was on earth, persons besides his disciples called him “Lord,” or “Sir.” (Matthew 8:2; John 4:11) In these cases the designation was primarily a title of respect or courtesy. However, to his apostles Jesus showed that calling him “Lord” involved more than this. Said he: “You address me, ‘Teacher,’ and, ‘Lord,’ and you speak rightly, for I am such.” (John 13:13) As his disciples, these apostles were his learners, or pupils. Thus he was their Lord, or Master.
Especially after Jesus’ death and resurrection did his title Lord take on great significance. By means of his sacrificial death, he purchased his followers, this making him their Owner. (John 15:13,14; 1 Corinthians 7:23; 2 Peter 2:1; Jude 4; Revelation 5: 9,10) He was also their King and Bridegroom to whom they were subject as their Lord. (Acts 17:7; Ephesians 5: 22-27; compare John 3:28,29; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Revelation 21: 9-14) When Jehovah rewarded his Son for faithfulness to the point of dying a shameful death on a stake, he “exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:9-11) Acknowledgment of Jesus Christ as Lord means more than simply calling him “Lord.” It requires that an individual recognize Jesus’ position and follow a course of obedience. (compare John 14:21) As Jesus himself said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.” Matthew 7:21
Jehovah God also granted immortality to his faithful Son. Therefore, although many men have ruled as kings or lords, only Jesus Christ, the “King of kings and Lord of lords,” has immortality. 1Timothy 6: 14-16; Revelation 19:16

Since Jesus has the keys of death and Hades (Revelation 1:17,18), he is in position to release mankind from the common grave (John 5:28,29) and from the death inherited from Adam. (Romans 5: 12,18) He is therefore also the ‘Lord over the dead,’ including King David, one of his earthly ancestors. Acts 2: 34-36; Romans 14:9.
The greek word "kyrios" is an adjective, signifying the possessing of power (Ky'ros) or authority, and it is also used as a noun. It appears in each book of the Christian Greek Scriptures except Titus and the letters of John. The term corresponds to the Hebrew 'A•dhohn. As God’s created Son and Servant, Jesus Christ properly addresses his Father and God (John 20:17) as “Lord” (ʼAdho·naiʹ or Kyʹri·os), the One having superior power and authority, his Head. (Matthew 11:25; 1 Corinthians 11:3) As the one exalted to his Father’s right hand, Jesus is “Lord of lords” as respects all except his Father, God the Almighty. Revelation 17:14; 19:15,16; compare 1 Corinthians 15:27,28.[/USER][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't JW's even believe their own NWT?
NWT John 20:28 " In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!”
Why don't you believe what Jesus said at John 20:17, Thomas did. Thomas knew when he made the statement, "My Lord and my God," concerning Jesus that Jesus has a Father and God that was also Thomas Father and God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you believe what Jesus said at John 20:17, Thomas did. Thomas knew when he made the statement, "My Lord and my God," concerning Jesus that Jesus has a Father and God that was also Thomas Father and God.
Why don't you quote your Scriptures? Do you have to get KH's permission?

NWT John 20:28 " In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!

Yep, still there!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SAVIOR

One who preserves or delivers from danger or destruction. Jehovah is identified as the principal Savior, the only Source of deliverance. (Isaiah 43:11; 45:21) He was the Savior and Deliverer of Israel, time and again.(Psalms 106:8,10,21; Isaiah 43:3; 45:15; Jeremiah 14:8) He saved not only the nation but also individuals who served him. (2 Samuel 22:1-3) Often his salvation was through men raised up by him as saviors. (Nehemiah 9:27) During the period of the Judges, these special saviors were divinely selected and empowered to deliver Israel from foreign oppression. (Judges 2:16; 3:9,15) While the judge lived, he served to keep Israel in the right way, and this brought them relief from their enemies. (Judges 2:18) When Jesus was on earth, Jehovah was his Savior, supporting and strengthening him to maintain integrity through his strenuous trials. Hebrews 5:7; Psalms 28:8.

Along with his role as Savior, Jehovah is also the “Repurchaser.” (Isaiah 49:26; 60:16) In the past he redeemed his people Israel from captivity. In delivering Christians from sin’s bondage, he does the repurchasing through his Son Jesus Christ (1John 4:14) Jehovah’s provision for salvation, who is therefore exalted as “Chief Agent and Savior.” (Acts 5:31) Accordingly, Jesus Christ can rightly be called “our Savior,” even though he performs the salvation as the agent of Jehovah. (Titus 1:4) The name Jesus, given to God’s Son by angelic direction, means “Jehovah Is Salvation,” for, said the angel, “he will save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21; Luke 1:31) This name points out that Jehovah is the Source of salvation, accomplished through Jesus. For this reason we find the Father and the Son spoken of together in connection with salvation. Titus 2:11-13; 3:4-6.

Salvation is provided by Jehovah through Jesus Christ for “all sorts of men.” (1Timothy 4:10) He saves them from sin and death (Romans 8:2), from Babylon the Great (Revelation 18:2,4), from this world under Satan’s control (John 17:16; Colossians 1:13;), and from destruction and everlasting death (Revelation 7:14-17; 21:3, 4). “A great crowd” is shown at Revelation 7:9,10 attributing salvation to God and to the Lamb.

The ransom sacrifice is the basis for salvation, and as King and everlasting High Priest, Christ Jesus has the authority and power “to save completely those who are approaching God through him.” (Hebrews 7:23-25; Revelation 19:16) He is “a savior of this body,” the congregation of his anointed followers, and also of all who exercise faith in him. Ephesians 5:23; 1 John 4:14; John 3:16,17.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SAVIOR

One who preserves or delivers from danger or destruction. Jehovah is identified as the principal Savior, the only Source of deliverance. (Isaiah 43:11; 45:21) He was the Savior and Deliverer of Israel, time and again.(Psalms 106:8,10,21; Isaiah 43:3; 45:15; Jeremiah 14:8) He saved not only the nation but also individuals who served him. (2 Samuel 22:1-3) Often his salvation was through men raised up by him as saviors. (Nehemiah 9:27) During the period of the Judges, these special saviors were divinely selected and empowered to deliver Israel from foreign oppression. (Judges 2:16; 3:9,15) While the judge lived, he served to keep Israel in the right way, and this brought them relief from their enemies. (Judges 2:18) When Jesus was on earth, Jehovah was his Savior, supporting and strengthening him to maintain integrity through his strenuous trials. Hebrews 5:7; Psalms 28:8.

Along with his role as Savior, Jehovah is also the “Repurchaser.” (Isaiah 49:26; 60:16) In the past he redeemed his people Israel from captivity. In delivering Christians from sin’s bondage, he does the repurchasing through his Son Jesus Christ (1John 4:14) Jehovah’s provision for salvation, who is therefore exalted as “Chief Agent and Savior.” (Acts 5:31) Accordingly, Jesus Christ can rightly be called “our Savior,” even though he performs the salvation as the agent of Jehovah. (Titus 1:4) The name Jesus, given to God’s Son by angelic direction, means “Jehovah Is Salvation,” for, said the angel, “he will save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21; Luke 1:31) This name points out that Jehovah is the Source of salvation, accomplished through Jesus. For this reason we find the Father and the Son spoken of together in connection with salvation. Titus 2:11-13; 3:4-6.

Salvation is provided by Jehovah through Jesus Christ for “all sorts of men.” (1Timothy 4:10) He saves them from sin and death (Romans 8:2), from Babylon the Great (Revelation 18:2,4), from this world under Satan’s control (John 17:16; Colossians 1:13;), and from destruction and everlasting death (Revelation 7:14-17; 21:3, 4). “A great crowd” is shown at Revelation 7:9,10 attributing salvation to God and to the Lamb.

The ransom sacrifice is the basis for salvation, and as King and everlasting High Priest, Christ Jesus has the authority and power “to save completely those who are approaching God through him.” (Hebrews 7:23-25; Revelation 19:16) He is “a savior of this body,” the congregation of his anointed followers, and also of all who exercise faith in him. Ephesians 5:23; 1 John 4:14; John 3:16,17.
Is Michael your savior? Jesus is my Savior!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you quote your Scriptures? Do you have to get KH's permission?

NWT John 20:28 " In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!

Yep, still there!

And like I said and will continue to, Thomas knew when he stated, "My Lord and my God," at John 20:28 that after Jesus was resurrected and before Jesus came to Thomas he had heard from his fellow Apostles what Jesus had told Mary to tell his Apostles at John 20:17-
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
So Thomas knew when he said what he said at John 20:28 Thomas wasn't believing that Jesus was the Father and God but instead Thomas knew that the Father and God who was Jesus Father and God, was also Thomas Father and God just as Jesus said. Jesus wasn't lying when he said that at John 20:17

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And like I said and will continue to, Thomas knew when he stated, "My Lord and my God," at John 20:28 that after Jesus was resurrected and before Jesus came to Thomas he had heard from his fellow Apostles what Jesus had told Mary to tell his Apostles at John 20:17-
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
So Thomas knew when he said what he said at John 20:28 Thomas wasn't believing that Jesus was the Father and God but instead Thomas knew that the Father and God who was Jesus Father and God, was also Thomas Father and God just as Jesus said. Jesus wasn't lying when he said that at John 20:17
And when Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and my God" Jesus didn't deny it nor rebuke Thomas. Is Michael your savior? Jesus is my Savior.