Place Where Jesus Died, Was Buried, and Resurrected

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
By the photo I assume that is the Holy Sepulchre. I don't believe that that is the real place he died and was buried and rose at. There are not real evidences for it being the site except for a 1st century burial bed and allegedly 3 crosses found there. The HS is only identified as the place in the 300s ad. There was a Roman temple to Jupiter & or Venus there from 100s to 300s. I believe they lyingly reassigned the pagan site to christian site like they also did with many other sites and "saints" and holy days. Presumably Jupiter Capitolinus was made into "Jesus Christ" or "Peter", and Venus into "Mary". Another possible reason is the site is beside the intersection of the main North-South and West-East roads (which forms a cross and is a type of centre of the world). Interestingly the HS site has had quakes and lots of fires and brawls/fights! which also suggest it is not truly christian/messianic but pagan/Roman. I think the Garden Tomb and Skull Hill / Gordon's Calvary have more quality and quantity matches with Calvary/Golgotha & the tomb. Just my opinion on studying the 3 candidate locations (HS, GT, Talpiot).