Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not insulted at all--I'd have to care what you say about me, in order to be insulted. I was just stating facts. If you feel insulted and want to run away, in order to avoid being proved wrong, that is a problem with your heart.
I'm not running.
Here I stand.
And stand firm I will.
But I have no desire to speak to you...
Who is what you accuse ME of being.
Typical.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
At first, I thought you were just ignorant--now, I think you are incapable of objective judgment and rational thought. Those who understand that Jesus keeps us and will never let us fall are far more appreciative of what He effected on the Cross than those who teach that we must maintain grace with good deeds. The greatest work of grace is to become an "overcomer". Being an overcomer is a reflection of an internal state of having overcome the "world, the flesh and the devil (the sin of pride)" by submitting all to the gracious work of the Holy Spirit. This is NOT of ourselves lest anyone should boast.
Wow.
You thought I was ignorant.
Thanks.
JUST wow.
What more needs to be said....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
At first, I thought you were just ignorant--now, I think you are incapable of objective judgment and rational thought. Those who understand that Jesus keeps us and will never let us fall are far more appreciative of what He effected on the Cross than those who teach that we must maintain grace with good deeds. The greatest work of grace is to become an "overcomer". Being an overcomer is a reflection of an internal state of having overcome the "world, the flesh and the devil (the sin of pride)" by submitting all to the gracious work of the Holy Spirit. This is NOT of ourselves lest anyone should boast.
LOL
Maybe YOU could overcome your insulting posts?
thLJZQ2NCK.jpg

Reactions: Grailhunter

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, they did not have to earn further grace with good deeds

That depends on if you think a continuing in trust and a growing in trust is rewarded or not. To a man who is faithful, He shows Himself faithful. If we are faithful with what He gives us, He gives us more. But if a man isn't faithful with what He's been given, who in their right mind would put him in charge of more?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The good news is not good for the flesh. :eek: The flesh is meant to be crucified...out of the way...to leave room for Christ who is wanting to save us. It is good news for they who seek to be reconciled to God and live eternally with Him. But not to justify the flesh as so many modern people are looking for. God is offering us a place in His eternal kingdom...by giving us His power (grace) which is by faith...so that we do the works that glorify God. From there is a great reward...since we will have done the works of holiness as Jesus did. So we are to be overcomers in this world through the power of God (grace) us-ward who believe..

So we need only trust AND fear God who will judge all without prejudice or favouritism. We will all be judged by our works...which is according to the truth written in the bible.

Any other idea is from men.
nod.gif

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to apologize for anything.
I'm here to talk. If I didn't want to be here I wouldn't be.

I'll confirm all you've said by repeating:
1. Yes. We are saved by God's grace through the instrument of faith.
2. The saved person will show a pattern of good works as the bible states/shows.
3. The saved life will show a decreasing amount of sin.
4. Correct. No increasing good works and less sinning is a danger signal that something is wrong with our new life in Christ.
5. Yes...we'd need to examine ourselves, as Paul stated. 2 Cor 13:5

I thought so! Happy happy!

:)

We are on the same page.
I do want to add that it's rather disheartening to know that Jesus went to the cross for us to live this improved life...not so we could say, with pride, that works are not necessary/required and that obedience is not necessary/required.

For me, the truth is a much better reality. Not only is our salvation in Christ alone, so we don't need to worry about keeping it, but we no longer need to be concerned over laws and rules. We are to focus on trusting Jesus, and loving others. And we can know - knowledge, the fullness of trust - we can know that Jesus in my empowers me over anything in my flesh.

Pushing sin away, and stepping into good works are such different things to me.

We have one poster on this thread that plainly said that only the UNSAVED are to obey God. Now, if someone could explain that theory to me because it makes no sense. Unsaved persons DO NOT need to obey God,,,WE do.

Not always the wisest thing to answer for someone else. But just the same ;)

1 Timothy1
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

The Law is for the Lawless, not the righteous.

If the words REQUIRED, NECESSARY are offensive to some,,well, that's just too bad, it's what God said from Genesis 2:17 when He told Adam not to eat of the tree... to Revelation 22:12

God renders to man what man has done.
I don't make the rules...God does.
It's useless for those that don't agree to argue with me,,,they need to
argue with God.

I have still to hear a verse that says ONLY FAITH AND NOTHING ELSE needs to be done. All I read is the opposite and I've posted A LOT of scripture for support.

I do appreciate your willingness to understand what I post.

In Joel 2, and repeated in Acts, "all who call upon the Name of the Lord will be saved."

In Ephesians 2, we are saved by grace through faith, and not of works, lest any should boast.

Even the man in 1 Corinthians 3, whose works are burned up, not being the right ones, is still saved.

John 3:16, whosoever believes on Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. Whoever believes, rather than whoever believes, and has works.

And I too appreciate our discussion!

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends on if you think a continuing in trust and a growing in trust is rewarded or not. To a man who is faithful, He shows Himself faithful. If we are faithful with what He gives us, He gives us more. But if a man isn't faithful with what He's been given, who in their right mind would put him in charge of more?

Rewarded with more grace, is that what you are suggesting?

Much love!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi SG,
Actually this is a very important concept in Christianity.
Well said.
If we need more grace we are given more grace.
Why give more grace to one that does't even use what he has?
Hebrews 4:16
2 Peter 1:2
1 Peter 4:10

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do want to add that it's rather disheartening to know that Jesus went to the cross for us to live this improved life...not so we could say, with pride, that works are not necessary/required and that obedience is not necessary/required.
It is clear that they are not required--you are making law where there is none. No one here is saying that God is not pleased by our obedience--but who among us has perfect obedience? Can you honestly say that you do?

We have one poster on this thread that plainly said that only the UNSAVED are to obey God.
I think you probably mean me and that is NOT what I said. I said that they will be going to the Final Judgment where they will be judged for their works. Those who are under the Blood of Christ have already been judged as righteous because their sins have been nailed to the Cross (Colossians 2:14). We perform works of righteousness from a heart that belongs to our Savior--but NOT because, in doing so, we are maintaining our salvation.

Now, if someone could explain that theory to me because it makes no sense. Unsaved persons DO NOT need to obey God,,,WE do.
What kind of cockamamie theology is THAT!??! Unsaved people absolutely need to obey God, as they will realize, to their chagrin, at the Final Judgment. Did you understand what I meant in the section above?

If the words REQUIRED, NECESSARY are offensive to some,,well, that's just too bad, it's what God said from Genesis 2:17 when He told Adam not to eat of the tree... to Revelation 22:12
God warned an innocent Adam of the consequences of disobedience. And indeed, Adam died spiritually the day that he was disobedient. But, God's grace was always available to Adam and his progeny, through humbly accepting the gift. Otherwise, you are saying that Jesus was a liar when He said that God is the God of the living (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob).

I don't make the rules...God does.
It's useless for those that don't agree to argue with me,,,they need to
argue with God.
No need to "argue with God"--arguing with you is NOT the same thing as arguing with God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, thank you for clarifying your view.

Can you show Scripture where grace is given as a reward for works? I'm curious where you find that.

Much love!

Ah, well, see that's where we differ. You think that continuing in trust and growing in trust (the obedience of faith) is a soul damning work. I think it is a necessity.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, thank you for clarifying your view.

Can you show Scripture where grace is given as a reward for works? I'm curious where you find that.

Much love!

Grace is given as a reward for the works of faith and seeking.

Heb' 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I thought so! Happy happy!

:)

For me, the truth is a much better reality. Not only is our salvation in Christ alone, so we don't need to worry about keeping it, but we no longer need to be concerned over laws and rules. We are to focus on trusting Jesus, and loving others. And we can know - knowledge, the fullness of trust - we can know that Jesus in my empowers me over anything in my flesh.

Pushing sin away, and stepping into good works are such different things to me.
Two comments:
1. I don't spend my time worrying about works. I think IT'S WRONG to state on an open forum that it's NOT NECESSARY to obey God. Yes it is.
2. The Holy Spirit empowers us to love others as Jesus would want us to do.
This love is what causes us to do the good works....which are something different to each person.
3. We are to think of positive and good thoughts.
Philippians 4:8

When we're HERE, it is our responsibility to convey God's desires correctly.
James 3:1 This has been impressed on me. The Royal Rule covers all.
But even on these forums it is sometimes quite obvious that persons have a problem following it.

Not always the wisest thing to answer for someone else. But just the same ;)

1 Timothy1
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

The Law is for the Lawless, not the righteous.
Wanna talk about the Law! I'm willing.
BUT the law is for the lawless because they need to know they're doing wrong.
Those that love God TRY not to do wrong and live by love and so do not need the rules. The rules are NECESSARY for those who say, with pride, that RULES are not necessary. THEN they become necessasry! God wants to be obeyed...one way or the other.

I'll just say that the 10 commandments were given to the Israelites for more than one reason. We who love Jesus SHOULD NOT need rules....but we see many broken right here on this forum....so they are good.
Romans 7:12 ( just so we understand....NOT the 613 rules of Moses).

In Joel 2, and repeated in Acts, "all who call upon the Name of the Lord will be saved."

In Ephesians 2, we are saved by grace through faith, and not of works, lest any should boast.

Even the man in 1 Corinthians 3, whose works are burned up, not being the right ones, is still saved.

John 3:16, whosoever believes on Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. Whoever believes, rather than whoever believes, and has works.

And I too appreciate our discussion!

Much love!

Re 1 Corinthinas 3:1-15
Could you read it again Please?
This is a very misunderstood scripture.
It's speaking SPECIFICALLY about Paul and Apollos and those that will teach in the future and that WILL BUILD upon the foundation that is Christ.

It is not speaking about OUR WORKS.

Reactions: Grailhunter

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is given as a reward for the works of faith and seeking.

Heb' 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Faith is a work? And for working the work of having faith, we are rewarded by Grace?

I like to include context, which can show a much different message then when you just show a smaller part.

Hebrews 4
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The time of our need is when we are in our infirmities. As these are temptations, this is when we feel like we might sin, or have sinned.

And In Spite Of the lack of "works", i.e. what we are dealing with is sin, in spite of that, we get to walk right up to the throne of grace . . . why? To receive grace to help . . . why?

Because of our good works?

But this is about overcoming sin. So not as some reward for Good Works.

Because we are His children.

This passage is not teaching us that God rewards our good works with Grace. Grace is not grace if it is a reward, because then it would be earned. But grace, by definition, cannot be earned.

Faith is a work? And for working the work of having faith, we are rewarded by Grace?

Much love!