Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pride comes before a fall.
Sooooo, let me get this straight. If I express confidence in my faith, refusing to allow you to fill me with fear and loathing, I am "proud"?

Those "bogeyman passages" do exist. You can take my word for it or call me a liar.
Then name them or leave us in peace.

You may think that your faith would hold up under the pressure; but I am inclined to believe that it wouldn't...because you seem to be so certain that it would. If anyone thinks he is standing let him take heed lest he fall.
You are misapplying that bit of Scripture (1 Corinthians 10:12). The passage is speaking about temptation to sin and it goes on to say that God will not allow you to be tempted beyond that which you can stand and that He will show you a way out. (vs. 13)

I care enough about you not to take chances on whether your faith would be able to hold up or not...why should I destroy your faith over the fact that you didn't think it was as fragile as it may be?
It is presumptuous of you to judge my faith as being "fragile".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, let me get this straight. If I express confidence in my faith, refusing to allow you to fill me with fear and loathing, I am "proud"?

Then name them or leave us in peace.

You are misapplying that bit of Scripture (1 Corinthians 10:12). The passage is speaking about temptation to sin and it goes on to say that God will not allow you to be tempted beyond that which you can stand and that He will show you a way out. (vs. 13)

It is presumptuous of you to judge my faith as being "fragile".
Simply not going to take the chance. I will leave you "in peace". Even if your faith, in particular, isn't fragile, there are very likely others watching whose faith is fragile. Why should I give the devil a foothold in their lives?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Simply not going to take the chance. I will leave you "in peace". Even if your faith, in particular, isn't fragile, there are very likely others watching whose faith is fragile. Why should I give the devil a foothold in their lives?

You have already done that to those who are weak in the faith, by insinuating that there is some kind of "poison" lurking in other translations and only YOU have the antidote to disprove the "heresy".

Reactions: GodsGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very presumptuous on your part that you think you know a of a scripture that we do not know of and have studied.

Judge as you desire to be judged...but you will be judged; for that is what the scripture teaches.

How presumptuous of you to think that you know every scripture that I know...

You have to take into account not only individual scriptures, but scriptures that apply to each other through the biblical hermeneutic of 1 Corinthians 2:13.

I do not consider that I know every nuance of your understanding from such study as that...and therefore, indeed, it is presumptuous of you to think that you know every nuance of scripture that I have studied.

The Bible is a very large book...for some, it takes all of three years (sometimes longer) to read it even one time through.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have already done that to those who are weak in the faith, by insinuating that there is some kind of "poison" lurking in other translations and only YOU have the antidote to disprove the "heresy".
The antidote is to stay away from translations that I have warned against (so I'm not the only one who has it). If anyone chooses not to heed the warning, it is not my fault if their faith in what they are reading is affected. They have the option of reading that of which they can be certain of its veracity in the kjv; avoiding those translations that their faith tells them they cannot put their absolute trust in.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The antidote is to stay away from translations that I have warned against (so I'm not the only one who has it). If anyone chooses not to heed the warning, it is not my fault if their faith in what they are reading is affected. They have the option of reading that which they can be certain of its veracity in the kjv; avoiding those translations that their faith tells them they cannot put absolute trust in.

All of my knowledge has brought me to know that there is not only one understanding. But what you propose is that limiting your knowledge is the way to truth...and only you have it....there is a word for that.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of my knowledge has brought me to know that there is not only one understanding. But what you propose is that limiting your knowledge is the way to truth...and only you have it....there is a word for that.

Pro 19:27, Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

It is important that we limit our knowledge to the truth.

narrow-minded?

Jesus said that the way to life is narrow; and few there be that find it.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The antidote is to stay away from translations that I have warned against (so I'm not the only one who has it).
No, you have been going on and on about the KJV for what seems like months (although I suspect it is only days). Just tonight you said that you came across a heresy and that it shook your faith but that there is one line of Scripture from the KJV that refutes it. So, if you were that concerned about any of us being "poisoned" by another translation, I would guess that you would share the "antidote" so that we can strengthen our own faith and that of every other Christian whose lives we touch. I call BS. Not nice language for Lady Crosstalk to use but stronger language is sometimes useful when dealing with the self-important.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pro 19:27, Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

It is important that we limit our knowledge to the truth.

narrow-minded?

Jesus said that the way to life is narrow; and few there be that find it.

He also spoke of the blind leading...I don't follow the blind.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture that refutes the heresy would be Matthew 4:1...but that is as far as I am going to go unless you keep prying to the point of being incessant.

Iow, I am not going to give you the verses that prove the devil's point, even though the scripture above refutes that point. Because in the instance that reconciliation for those scriptures should become apparent, you will have the devil's point hammered home to you without a defense....so it is better if you do not become aware of the devil's point as he would present it to you in the "holy" scriptures.

And also, the heresy in question is not found in the kjv...but it is found in the NASB and the NIV.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I do end up revealing the verses that teach the heresy...just know that you instigated me to do so...and therefore may the Lord hold you responsible rather than me for any damage that ensues.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture that refutes the heresy would be Matthew 4:1...but that is as far as I am going to go unless you keep prying to the point of being incessant.

Iow, I am not going to give you the verses that prove the devil's point, even though the scripture above refutes that point. Because in the instance that reconciliation for those scriptures should become apparent, you will have the devil's point hammered home to you without a defense....so it is better if you do not become aware of the devil's point as he would present it to you in the "holy" scriptures.

And also, the heresy in question is not found in the kjv...but it is found in the NASB and the NIV.

Surprised-Animal-selfie22.jpg