Please pray for my healing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josant7

Jul 7, 2011
I recently had a medical procedure done that's suppose to help me get around a little better. I'm still feeling pain in my back and stiffness in my legs but I remain hopeful that one day I'll be able to run around with my two young sons. Also, if it isn't too much, also please pray that I find a job conducive to my situation. I know jobs are scarce but with your prayers, I know I'll find one.

I trust in God, His guidance and your prayers.

Thank you.

Your brother in Christ,
Josant

beloved one

Sep 5, 2011
father god. thank you for josant. thank you that you love him with an unfathomable love. thank you for the faith that he has in you. bless the trust that he has in you god. by your grace. good gifts. i ask lord that you would touch his heart right now. heal his body god. lord i ask that you would be his comfort in this time of need. even when he thinks he has nothing i ask that you would remind him of how is has alot because he has you as his first priority. thank you jesus. amen.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Praying that the Lord would take care of all your needs, and make you to grow in him, brother :)

May the Lord bless you

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Father,

Thank you for your abundant supply and for your healing hand. Thank you for your anointing that breaks the yoke and for breaking the yoke over Josant right now...in the mighty name of Jesus!
butterfly10.th.gif

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I recently had a medical procedure done that's suppose to help me get around a little better. I'm still feeling pain in my back and stiffness in my legs but I remain hopeful that one day I'll be able to run around with my two young sons. Also, if it isn't too much, also please pray that I find a job conducive to my situation. I know jobs are scarce but with your prayers, I know I'll find one.

I trust in God, His guidance and your prayers.

Thank you.

Your brother in Christ,
Josant

What type of "medical procedure" did you have? How long ago?

Josant7

Jul 7, 2011
I have what's called an intrathecal pump implanted in me. I have a condition called spastic paraparesis, which restricts my mobility in my lower extremities. I had the procedure done about four months ago.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying in Jesus name for a total and complete healing!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I have what's called an intrathecal pump implanted in me. I have a condition called spastic paraparesis, which restricts my mobility in my lower extremities. I had the procedure done about four months ago.

Wow! I cannot imagine what you're going through. :(

Do you have a "constant rate" pump or a "programmable" one? Have you seen any improvement at all?

Josant7

Jul 7, 2011
Wow! I cannot imagine what you're going through. :(

Do you have a "constant rate" pump or a "programmable" one? Have you seen any improvement at all?

I'm alive! This is the yoke I bear. For now.

Yes, I do. It gives me a constant dose of about 148mcg of medication into my spine. It is programmable, I can increase the dosage in the morning or lessen it at night, which ever works best for me. I just have to find the right setting because too much medication can make my legs "spaghetti-like". Too little and I feel stiffness become unbearable.

There are slight improvements. My range of motion has increased, The pain, stiffness, and cramps have minimized. Although, I sometimes get these weird sensations at night as if there were thousand hands massaging my legs. I'm starting to re-train some of my muscles that I haven't used in years. It can be frustrating and painful at times but I think it's starting to help.

It's funny but one of the exercises that I do is walking backwards with my cane. If you didn't know me and saw me walking that way you'd think I was nuts! But for some reason, walking backwards is triggering some of my leg muscles to work again. Weird but hey, if I have to walk backwards in order to move forward, it's alright by me. I'm optimistic about my journey even though I don't know how it will all turn out. They say "blessed is he who puts his trust in the Lord" and that's all I'm doing. Pass this message along for those suffering from MS, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, or any spine/head injuries. It's proven to be very helpful for a lot of people. So long for now.

My prayers are with you. God bless...

Josant

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I'm alive! This is the yoke I bear. For now.

Yes, I do. It gives me a constant dose of about 148mcg of medication into my spine. It is programmable, I can increase the dosage in the morning or lessen it at night, which ever works best for me. I just have to find the right setting because too much medication can make my legs "spaghetti-like". Too little and I feel stiffness become unbearable.

There are slight improvements. My range of motion has increased, The pain, stiffness, and cramps have minimized. Although, I sometimes get these weird sensations at night as if there were thousand hands massaging my legs. I'm starting to re-train some of my muscles that I haven't used in years. It can be frustrating and painful at times but I think it's starting to help.

It's funny but one of the exercises that I do is walking backwards with my cane. If you didn't know me and saw me walking that way you'd think I was nuts! But for some reason, walking backwards is triggering some of my leg muscles to work again. Weird but hey, if I have to walk backwards in order to move forward, it's alright by me. I'm optimistic about my journey even though I don't know how it will all turn out. They say "blessed is he who puts his trust in the Lord" and that's all I'm doing. Pass this message along for those suffering from MS, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, or any spine/head injuries. It's proven to be very helpful for a lot of people. So long for now.

My prayers are with you. God bless...

Josant

Good to hear your range of motion has increased! PROGRESS! When you're recovering form something as traumatic as this, every little improvement is such a blessing!

That "walking backwards" thingy is a hoot, huh? It is amazing how the body responds to that motion! Seems like it "confuses" the brain and causes the muscles to work harder, and differently.

I had back surgery (It'll be 2 years in Dec) to have 2 discs fused. My physical therapist had me walk backwards on the treadmill everyday. I started with 5 min and worked up to 15. When she first started I looked at her like..."You're kidding, right?"
rolleyes_girl2.gif
I soon realized it is a very difficult motion (especially for re-training the body) and not particularly easy to do.
smilie_girl_303.gif
The things we take for granted.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Prayer Sent. Hope you heal soon, some people believe back pain is God's way of telling us to rest. He had to break my leg and mess my back up real good for me to get the message.

Josant7

Jul 7, 2011
Good to hear your range of motion has increased! PROGRESS! When you're recovering form something as traumatic as this, every little improvement is such a blessing!

That "walking backwards" thingy is a hoot, huh? It is amazing how the body responds to that motion! Seems like it "confuses" the brain and causes the muscles to work harder, and differently.

I had back surgery (It'll be 2 years in Dec) to have 2 discs fused. My physical therapist had me walk backwards on the treadmill everyday. I started with 5 min and worked up to 15. When she first started I looked at her like..."You're kidding, right?"
rolleyes_girl2.gif
I soon realized it is a very difficult motion (especially for re-training the body) and not particularly easy to do.
smilie_girl_303.gif
The things we take for granted.

No, it's not easy but I'm doing it. One day I'd like to be able to donate my cane and encourage others to neither give up. Hope you're doing well also. Take care of yourself.

Still praying for you Josant! Keep looking to Christ my brother :)

With much love in our Lord, dear brother :)

Good to hear from you, Prentis. I'm keeping the faith and moving forward. Yes brother, keep praying as I do for you! Thanks for everything.

Josant

Josant7

Jul 7, 2011
Prayer Sent. Hope you heal soon, some people believe back pain is God's way of telling us to rest. He had to break my leg and mess my back up real good for me to get the message.

It's funny you should say that. I've been humbled by my experience and I've become more appreciative of what I have. We'll all be alright as long as God is on our side...

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Father, Please comfort and encourage Josant as he waits for your healing touch! Thank-you that he is able to stand and that you are able to make him run. Please bless him today and every day. In the name of your son Jesus. Amen