"Please Report Heresy"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and it is up to the mature as is commanded in Galatians to show them why they are wrong.
How do you know you are right? And others are wrong though?

I was thinking about what Paul says here:

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

I don't think any one person knows all the breadth and length and depth and height and all the fullness of God.
I think that's why God formed the church, so each one can bring a little and build it together.
As Long as Christ is the head.. we can only go so wrong.

HUGS

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you have it partially right.
God the Father, Yahweh is a God. God the Son Yeshua, is a God, and God the Holy Spirit is a God.
That's JW doctrine! No surprise.
The good thing about knowing the truth about the Bible is that you can pick up any translation and read them knowing the Truth.

Truth is not an attack on the Bible. But the Apostle Paul knew that telling the truth can get you in trouble. If you are not looking for truth, what are you looking for? Paul had no interest in speaking lies to conform to popular norms. I was born without a fear bone, I have no problems with wading through trouble.

The truth will set you free. It does not matter if it is the popular beliefs of the Trinity, original sin, or the man-made sins. Everything I have said can be verified... The rest is up to you.

When someone tells you not to believe them, go look it up for yourself, then you know they are not trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Look it up or not...your choice.

Attack? LOL I am standing up for the actual scriptures. And you can look at most of them yourself...you just have to care enough to do it.
You didn't quote any Scriptures. lol

All you have are YOUR opinions Vs the Bible.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No JW's do not believe Christ is a God.
NWT
John 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

What scriptures do you want me to quote?
All you have are YOUR opinions Vs the Bible.
My opinion is you can believe what you want or check it out.
Does it matter since you say they are wrong? Except the ones you like, that is.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NWT
John 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

Does it matter since you say they are wrong? Except the ones you like, that is.
It has nothing to do with like. It is about the scriptures vs Bible translations. Nor am I asking you to believe me...I am saying check it out if you want or not.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with like. It is about the scriptures vs Bible translations. Nor am I asking you to believe me...I am saying check it out if you want or not.
Of course I don't believe you. I believe our Bibles that you are attacking. All you have are your opinions to attack the Bible with.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I don't believe you. I believe our Bibles that you are attacking. All you have are your opinions to attack the Bible with.

No I have facts and I have stated them. This whole thing with the "attack" has now earned you an ignore button.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I have facts and I have stated them. This whole thing with the "attack" has now earned you an ignore button.
Your opinions are not facts. That's all you have given. And you believe Jesus is "a God". That's quite telling. See how God brings out the truth about those who attack His written Word!

Last edited:
Reactions: Addy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people think of me as conservative. I stand by God's statement that homosexuality is an abomination.
Make room for me there, too. I don't know what that has to do with your other Scripture twisting.
It never pays to lose your temper.
Losing your temper doesn't win arguments. It shows you lost the argument.
I'm not having an argument. And who's losing tempers? I'm not the one replying to the same message 3 times and repeating myself. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You rock that ultra-literalism across the board, eh? :)
Make room for me there, too. I don't know what that has to do with your other Scripture twisting.

I'm not having an argument. And who's losing tempers? I'm not the one replying to the same message 3 times and repeating myself. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Anytime you insult someone, you've lost your temper. You know what the Bible says about insulting people.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know you are right? And others are wrong though?

I was thinking about what Paul says here:

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

I don't think any one person knows all the breadth and length and depth and height and all the fullness of God.
I think that's why God formed the church, so each one can bring a little and build it together.
As Long as Christ is the head.. we can only go so wrong.

HUGS

Well if yo do not believe you are right in what you believe- why believe it? I can be wrong and haveen wrong in the last 47 years, and even defended my position of wrong until I was shown from Scripture I was wrong. In action is never the callfor a follower of jesus. As He said, if you do, then you shall know!

We can nitpick every motive, every jot and tittle of what we believe and become frozen in inaction. I prefer to move forward and have the Loprd teach me then wait until I have everythin g down pat

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is heresy? Where can we find a definitive description of what it is or is not?

If we know what it is, really, then to whom should we report it? To the one we believe to be a heretic, to a moderator on a forum or to an ordained minister in a church or to God? Or perhaps to all of those?
For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. (1 Corinthians 11:19)

The best definition given in the various translations and commentaries is "differences" or "sects." "Disunion" is also mentioned. Very dirty words, today. :)