"Please Report Heresy"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. (1 Corinthians 11:19)

The best definition given in the various translations and commentaries is "differences" or "sects." "Disunion" is also mentioned. Very dirty words, today. :)
Too many people too quick, I believe, to use the word to describe someone with whom they disagree. What if it is me the one naming the other guy a heretic that is in error? We all have been wrong. We are have been liars. Who is there among men today who never lies?

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many people too quick, I believe, to use the word to describe someone with whom they disagree. What if it is me the one naming the other guy a heretic that is in error? We all have been wrong. We are have been liars. Who is there among men today who never lies?
Let God be true and every man a liar, saith the Scripture. :)

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think someone can be saved believing "annihilationism". It's denying Jesus is God that will bite them "forever and ever".
That if any man adds to or takes from the words in this prophecy .............What IS GOD GONNA DO AGAIN .
I thinks it wise we just leave the lake of fire as it is clearly said in revelation .
And i do notice that the FP and Beast get thrown into it alive , AND still after a thousand years are roasting
WHEN the devil then gets cast into it . If JESUS said where the worm dies not and the fire is not quenched , I say we just leave it at that .
Now , LET all that has breath PRAISE the GLORIOUS LORD . For true lambs have all hope . JESUS IS THEIR HOPE .

Reactions: kcnalp

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am what would be called in most Christian churches, an annihilationist. I make absolutely no apologies for that. To anybody. For two prime reasons.
1. Any alternative, particularly but by no means exclusively, eternal torment, utterly disgusts me. Of all so called Christian doctrines promulgated non stop from Christian pulpits, and forums, the concept that the God of love, mercy, grace, justice, goodness, and truth would even consider the idea of deliberately keeping men, women, and children alive for ever in a state of constant non stop agony as punishment for a few short years of unbelief is the most insulting and blasphemous mischaracterisation of God on the planet. And considering it is shared by other heathen pagan religions as well should alert Christians that something is dreadfully wrong with their ideas. But no. Rather than humble themselves and revise their studies, they double down and call those who disagree with them heretics and not understanding the justice of God. Yet if a human in some horror movie invented a means by which to do the same as this make believe God they claim to know he would be rightly condemned as the most evil of creatures, yet at the same time justifying God for doing the same.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am what would be called in most Christian churches, an annihilationist. I make absolutely no apologies for that. To anybody. For two prime reasons.
1. Any alternative, particularly but by no means exclusively, eternal torment, utterly disgusts me. Of all so called Christian doctrines promulgated non stop from Christian pulpits, and forums, the concept that the God of love, mercy, grace, justice, goodness, and truth would even consider the idea of deliberately keeping men, women, and children alive for ever in a state of constant non stop agony as punishment for a few short years of unbelief is the most insulting and blasphemous mischaracterisation of God on the planet. And considering it is shared by other heathen pagan religions as well should alert Christians that something is dreadfully wrong with their ideas. But no. Rather than humble themselves and revise their studies, they double down and call those who disagree with them heretics and not understanding the justice of God. Yet if a human in some horror movie invented a means by which to do the same as this make believe God they claim to know he would be rightly condemned as the most evil of creatures, yet at the same time justifying God for doing the same.
I agree entirely. To me it is unthinkable that God would mete out anything less than meticulous justice. Fairness and justice is what the great controversy between Christ and Satan is all about. :)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said children go to Hell? Not me. Adults? Yes indeed! I actually knew a Pentecostal who insisted that children of the wicked burn in Hell. I was shocked!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly insist that denying that Jesus is God is a very bad heresy!
So then for you it may indeed be, but God is looking at each heart. Be careful to not presume about someone else's heart when you cannot see what is there!

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then for you it may indeed be, but God is looking at each heart. Be careful not presume about someone else's heart when you cannot see what is there!
What's in their hearts comes out in their words. They can't hide it.
Matthew 12:34 (NKJV)
34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is NOT a sin to NOT know things.... I think the problem comes from those who FEEL the need to teach doctrine that is heretical.
Some people believe you can lose your salvation... I find this HERETICAL.... I don't listen to such people... and in real life... I find them to
be the most judgemental brood of vipers ( since you seem to like that one so much... LOL )
There is a difference between just believing bad doctrine and teaching it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:34 (NKJV)
34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
I believe that God judges us according to what do and have done with all that we have received. Not everyone has received all that you have receive. To judge others based on your knowledge or beliefs is an unfair judgement. This is why in the end of the matter God alone is always able to render a fair judgement for He knows everything about everybody.

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48 In simpler words: Much is given, much is required!

"Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me." John 8:15-16