POWER! I mean POWER! In the name of Jesus!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you put it to use today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDUBtaXHIhI

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Sorry, I just can't stomache that Sham-bach guy. Our local Christian Television station has him on every collection season and he is the worst of the bunch as far as snake oil salesmen go. But YMMV.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Schambach is retired. Would have loved to have rode my Harley out there to spend a week with him under the big tent.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What is the 'power of religion' spoken of in the Bible?

I know that which is spoken of in the pages of the good book, but I don't see it in churches today. In fact, there are a lot of things I don't see in churches today; love, charity for those of the body who suffer, being the conscience of the community, etc.

The church today is more powerLESS than powerFUL.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
The church today is more powerLESS than powerFUL.

Well, maybe adding "in the name of Jesus" to the end of the words we say up into the air, doesn't work. :ph34r: Maybe it's about something else.

name = nature

To believe on the name of the Lord is to trust in the nature of Christ, to abide in Christ, as a real and present experience. And when we ask a thing while in the divine nature, that is powerful. And wisdom is, it's not even asking, it's hearing and then cooperating and co-creating.

rand

Sep 10, 2012
Paul preached not only with words but with power (so did Jesus). In fact that's how he judged the mesage of others; by the power. When Paul preached the gospel, he could see people had faith for healing. They sure don't preach like that at many churches today. Maybe that is the narrow gate that so few people find: the gate that leads to life (note: not eternal life, but life). Jesus promised us a life more abundant, maybe we don't get that because we don't really believe it--by grace, through faith. So many of us today have a form of godliness but deny it's power. That's a scary thought. Are we trusting more in our own theology and doctrines than we are in Jesus? Do we make idols of our doctrine--our knowledge?

Jesus even said if he doesn't do the signs and wonders, then not to believe Him. Signs and wonders confirm the gospel, and we will know they are the sent ones by the sings and wonders that they do in Christ's name.

I don't think any of us (or them) have perfect revelation, but I think there is a lot of truth out there that we still need to find. God has hid them not from us but for us. May we never stop searching for the truth. The bigest obstical to finding the truth is to think we already know it, cuz we stop looking. However, we should never condemn anyone for their beliefs. Jesus never did he met all of them where their faith is. He said feed my lambs (babies) and He said feed my sheep (mature). Are we being fed, and are we feeding the way Paul did? I haven't seen much of it

Just a thought

Reactions: Eltanin

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
Paul preached not only with words but with power (so did Jesus). In fact that's how he judged the mesage of others; by the power. When Paul preached the gospel, he could see people had faith for healing. They sure don't preach like that at many churches today. Maybe that is the narrow gate that so few people find: the gate that leads to life (note: not eternal life, but life). Jesus promised us a life more abundant, maybe we don't get that because we don't really believe it--by grace, through faith. So many of us today have a form of godliness but deny it's power. That's a scary thought. Are we trusting more in our own theology and doctrines than we are in Jesus? Do we make idols of our doctrine--our knowledge?

Jesus even said if he doesn't do the signs and wonders, then not to believe Him. Signs and wonders confirm the gospel, and we will know they are the sent ones by the sings and wonders that they do in Christ's name.

I don't think any of us (or them) have perfect revelation, but I think there is a lot of truth out there that we still need to find. God has hid them not from us but for us. May we never stop searching for the truth. The bigest obstical to finding the truth is to think we already know it, cuz we stop looking. However, we should never condemn anyone for their beliefs. Jesus never did he met all of them where their faith is. He said feed my lambs (babies) and He said feed my sheep (mature). Are we being fed, and are we feeding the way Paul did? I haven't seen much of it

Just a thought

I wish I could 1up this post over and over... I especially like the last paragraph... Thank you rand... :lol: