PRAY FOR THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Haggai 1

A call to build the house of the Lord

1 In the second year of King Darius, on the first day of the sixth month, the word of the Lord came through the prophet Haggai to Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua son of Jozadak, the high priest:

2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘These people say, “The time has not yet come to rebuild the Lord’s house.”’

3 Then the word of the Lord came through the prophet Haggai: 4 ‘Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your panelled houses, while this house remains a ruin?’

5 Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it.’

7 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Give careful thought to your ways. 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honoured,’ says the Lord. 9 ‘You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?’ declares the Lord Almighty. ‘Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with your own house. 10 Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops. 11 I called for a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the olive oil and everything else the ground produces, on people and livestock, and on all the labour of your hands.’

12 Then Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, Joshua son of Jozadak, the high priest, and the whole remnant of the people obeyed the voice of the Lord their God and the message of the prophet Haggai, because the Lord their God had sent him. And the people feared the Lord.

13 Then Haggai, the Lord’s messenger, gave this message of the Lord to the people: ‘I am with you,’ declares the Lord. 14 So the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua son of Jozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of the whole remnant of the people. They came and began to work on the house of the Lord Almighty, their God, 15 on the twenty-fourth day of the sixth month.

Reactions: Truman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
SEND DOWN YOUR RAIN

Send down your rain upon us Father;
Cleanse; revive; restore; renew.
Give our needy souls refreshment
And draw us deeper into you.

Send down your fire upon us Father;
Purify us in his flame.
Refine us till we are as pure gold,
And glorify your holy name.

Send down your breath upon us Father;
Re-awake our dormant hearts.
Fill us with your Holy Spirit;
Of Christ’s body, we’re a part.

Send down your peace upon us Father;
Gentle as the morning dew.
Softly speak into the stillness
As we wait to hear from you.

Hear your servants’ fervent prayer Lord;
Empower us; fortify; renew.
Give us wings to soar like the eagle
And do what you would have us do.

For you are our Heavenly Father
And we love to worship you;
Bringing praises and thanksgiving
To our God who’s always true.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here we are, over a week into the new year. A year in which I pray that God will do mighty things in His Church. I pray that this year will see a move of the Holy Spirit bringing an air of freshness and renewal; blowing out the old and unclean and blowing in a new order of things. I pray that peoples' eyes will be opened to see when they are being deceived by untruth and their hearts opened to a fresh inflooding of the Holy Spirit. The church has gone a long way off track since that day at Pentecost when the Holy Spirit first came upon the followers of Jesus. I pray that we can get back to the heart of Christianity - Jesus at the centre, Jesus as our focus, Jesus as the 'main event'. Let the Church glorify God in a new and real way.

Reactions: Truman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How many of us actually pray for the Church on a regular basis? Not just our branch of it but all of it?

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
The lord god we know we have been selfish and rude and undesirable. but please do save the world. we are just your lost children that need a spanking to get right back on track like we once were.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many of us actually pray for the Church on a regular basis? Not just our branch of it but all of it?
Amen! I really hope that everyone on this forum so involved in politics and Covid-19 discussions is also deeply and regularly involved in simply talking with God daily and sincerely asking Him to have His Way rather than asking Him to do what they believe is right. God knows always. No one else does!

Give God the glory!

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lord god we know we have been selfish and rude and undesirable. but please do save the world. we are just your lost children that need a spanking to get right back on track like we once were.
Keep on striving to be what God wants you to be and walking as God wants you to walk. You, like all of us, may stumble at times, but keep on getting back up and moving forward toward God one more time!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Keep on striving to be what God wants you to be and walking as God wants you to walk. You, like all of us, may stumble at times, but keep on getting back up and moving forward toward God one more time!

I have put a reminder in my bible so I won't forget.

I feel so strongly about this which affects all of us who are Church.

As the year progresses I may lose some of my impetus but hope to at least be doing it every now and then by year's end.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I came to the prayer forum and found faith in action...thank You, Jesus!
The more people that pray for the church the better. We need it to be God's Church, Jesus' Church not the peoples' church. We need the fire of the Holy Spirit in our hearts and in the hearts of our pastors and leaders across the whole spectrum of Church life. Without the Holy Spirit it is man's church and not God's Church. Without the Holy Spirit the church is not the Body of Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Truman

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Praying the light of God's spirit will be in each and every Church and move the hearts of people to become believers in the salvation of God's Son Jesus, Amen

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen.

Shine the light of your Holy Spirit into your Church LORD. Shed your light into those dark places and cast out the tares. Breathe through the Church LORD and blow away all that is not of you so that the One True Church can be effective and a beacon of hope for the unsaved.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that God wants us individually and as a church, to get rid of the junk and clutter and things we don't need - spiritually speaking - to make room for the new things he wants to give us.

We have to be prepared to de-clutter, to be a bit uncomfortable, to maybe lose what is familiar to make way for new things to happen.

And we need to expect change.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Heavenly Father, I humbly come before you to pray for your Church. Fill it with all truth and peace. If it is corrupt in any way, let it be purged. Where it may be in error, direct it. Where it is superstitious, rectify it. Where there is anything wrong or ungodly, reform it. Where it is right, strengthen and confirm it. Where it is in want, furnish it. Where it is divided and rent asunder, bring unity, O Thou Holy One of Israel.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly Father, I humbly come before you to pray for your Church. Fill it with all truth and peace. If it is corrupt in any way, let it be purged. Where it may be in error, direct it. Where it is superstitious, rectify it. Where there is anything wrong or ungodly, reform it. Where it is right, strengthen and confirm it. Where it is in want, furnish it. Where it is divided and rent asunder, bring unity, O Thou Holy One of Israel.
Agreeing here with our sister today and you Lord to accomplish you will for you people, making us one in each other and in thee.