Prayer needed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m not using this as an excuse but instead I am not experienced with fasting. How can I get around all the meditation I take that has to be taken with food? Primarily my MS medication:
vumerity.

Can I still take medicine during a fast?
I would say you can take your medicines but maybe adjust your fast.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m struggling and asking for prayer please. I’m struggling with MS …not just the symptoms of having MS but with the immune suppression drug. I’ve caught, and keep catching a respiratory virus. My immunity is not what it once was. No matter what medicine I take from steroids, to steroid inhalers, to allergy medication and mucinex…to lots of water; I have never had so much congestion and a cough like this. I think I have pulled several muscles from coughing sometimes non-stop. I’ve gone to the doctor three times and no medicines seem to help.

But I’m also slipping back into depression. Mentally and Spiritually fighting for survival as well. I’m paralyzed and can’t make any decisions. I don’t trust my own ability to make the right choices. I’ve been in difficult places before as I’m sure every one has been there…later looking back at how dark a time it was but on the other side of it. It doesn’t feel like I will ever get on the other side of this dark time, but instead as if this has become my new normal.
Hello VictoryinJesus,
Payer for everything to work out successfully in the name of Jesus.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
To say or assume someone with anxiety or panic or fear has no faith because of a disability to control long-lived learned patterns …for me I wonder if that is the same as saying someone with ass burgers who still show signs should stop or they don’t have faith?
oh, i gotta say that while my sister's faith is different, it is def there; she can make rain clouds disappear even
For example anti social behavior…how do you stop the anti social behavior and does that behavior have to go away before someone can have faith in Yah?
ive just learned to mostly fake social behavior, although facial clues are particularly hard for me. Body language is a bit easier tho
Same with your sis …does her anti behaviors also need to stop before she can have faith?
she is quite social, just usually pretty anxious :)
why, i dont know

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, i gotta say that while my sister's faith is different, it is def there; she can make rain clouds disappear even
"faking
ive just learned to mostly fake social behavior, although facial clues are particularly hard for me. Body language is a bit easier tho
Good subject, anti-social behavior possibly being a barrier that separates us from God. I would say a definite NO! (it should also depend on the why's of a person's withdrawal or avoidance of places like, groups, crowds, small gatherings...) If so, there are many of us in trouble! Yet, our hearing can be dulled I think when there seems no light at the end of the tunnel maybe causing us to be less able to hear His voice.
It gets to a point one does not even want to leave the house for fear of rejection. That is pretty much where I am now and this is a place I've never been before, not like this. The longer one is without human contact, there is a sense of self that is lost, almost a paranoia of even being around others.
Funny, in my devotion this morning, there was a quote at the bottom saying "Courage is fear that has said its's prayers". How important it IS to acknowledge HIM even before the feet hit the floor in the morning. Thank Him for His new mercies each day, pray for a good attitude even if not being around people! He is all we need anyhow.
Ah yes Mark, "faking social behaviors" lol, that can be draining and leave one feeling like a phony but, I know what you mean here...my facial expressions would have me losing at poker every time lol!
@VictoryinJesus, you are in my prayers more often than not, take courage as, that is also going to be my own goal...to rise above no matter how much it hurts...lifting you in prayer right now. xx

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh my…not a good thing to tell a person with a fear based personality. “end stages now” that is terrifying honestly. I’m 53. Do I want to get better? That is a difficult question. Do I want to suffer? No. I hate suffering. I am scared to death of suffering and worry about it all the time. I wish I were not so weak. Do I want to get better. To be honest…I’m not sure.
What does that mean - a person with a fear based personality?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean - a person with a fear based personality?
Honestly I never googled what a fear based personality is until you asked. After googling it I still don’t know. It is just what the counselor said my personality is and I full heartedly accepted it immediately saying “wow. Yea! That is me!”

It makes me think of being an introvert. I’ve always considered myself an introvert. No doubt about it. I’ve been scolded that I’m so “introverted”. But after being in a sales position at Lowes for a year…I found out I’m really an extrovert loving contact and conversation with people. I say extrovert because I long that interaction. But I’ve convinced myself that I don’t, when the happiest I am is interacting and acceptance. Coming to this conclusion: I am an introvert with the heart of an extrovert.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly I never googled what a fear based personality is until you asked. After googling it I still don’t know. It is just what the counselor said my personality is and I full heartedly accepted it immediately saying “wow. Yea! That is me!”

It makes me think of being an introvert. I’ve always considered myself an introvert. No doubt about it. I’ve been scolded that I’m so “introverted”. But after being in a sales position at Lowes for a year…I found out I’m really an extrovert loving contact and conversation with people. I say extrovert because I long that interaction. But I’ve convinced myself that I don’t, when the happiest I am is interacting and acceptance. Coming to this conclusion: I am an introvert with the heart of an extrovert.
So you cannot explain the concept in your head of what a fear based personality is? Even though you agree it is descriptive of you? I question that.

Introvert and extrovert is very misunderstood by most people. It doesn’t have to do with being shy or antisocial versus outgoing. It has solely to do with how a person recharges.

Extroverts, when they are worn down or tired, get renewed energy by being around others and doing something fun together.
Introverts, when they are worn down or tired, get renewed energy by solitude.

If an extrovert is forced to be in solitude, they become MORE tired and rundown.
If an introvert is forced to keep being around others (and especially in a crowd of others), they become MORE run down and tired, to the point of collapse and mental and emotional shutdown.

Its like…extroverts need other people to recharge their batteries and introverts need solitude from other people to recharge their batteries.

You could almost say…introverts are self charging beings.

The problems that introverts run into is not understanding themselves and their needs. An additional problem is extroverts making them feel guilty for wanting (actually, NEEDING) to be alone a lot of the time. It makes the introvert give in and not get what they need, which in turn makes them feel that people are vampires who drain them. And this can make an introvert shun people altogether, EVEN when they are recharged and would LIKE to do something with others, for fear that they will be sucked dry of any and all of their energy.

Again, it doesn’t have to do with personality. It has to do with the fact that introverts around others are in a state of burning gas and extroverts around others are in a state of filling their tank with gas. And conversely, introverts alone are in a state of filling their gas tank and extroverts alone are in a state of burning gas.

It’s the introverts who suffer and the reason is because they are the minority and they don’t understand how they recharge and deplete because it is completely unlike how the majority charge and deplete. So they go through life feeling something must be wrong with them.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you cannot explain the concept in your head of what a fear based personality is? Even though you agree it is descriptive of you? I question that.

Introvert and extrovert is very misunderstood by most people. It doesn’t have to do with being shy or antisocial versus outgoing. It has solely to do with how a person recharges.

Extroverts, when they are worn down or tired, get renewed energy by being around others and doing something fun together.
Introverts, when they are worn down or tired, get renewed energy by solitude.

If an extrovert is forced to be in solitude, they become MORE tired and rundown.
If an introvert is forced to keep being around others (and especially in a crowd of others), they become MORE run down and tired, to the point of collapse and mental and emotional shutdown.

Its like…extroverts need other people to recharge their batteries and introverts need solitude from other people to recharge their batteries.

You could almost say…introverts are self charging beings.

The problems that introverts run into is not understanding themselves and their needs. An additional problem is extroverts making them feel guilty for wanting (actually, NEEDING) to be alone a lot of the time. It makes the introvert give in and not get what they need, which in turn makes them feel that people are vampires who drain them. And this can make an introvert shun people altogether, EVEN when they are recharged and would LIKE to do something with others, for fear that they will be sucked dry of any and all of their energy.

Again, it doesn’t have to do with personality. It has to do with the fact that introverts around others are in a state of burning gas and extroverts around others are in a state of filling their tank with gas. And conversely, introverts alone are in a state of filling their gas tank and extroverts alone are in a state of burning gas.

It’s the introverts who suffer and the reason is because they are the minority and they don’t understand how they recharge and deplete because it is completely unlike how the majority charge and deplete. So they go through life feeling something must be wrong with them.
Thank you. I’ve never thought of it that way. Your post had me considering how I recharge. There was a time when it was getting alone with God by myself up in woods beside my home. I don’t go in the woods these days. But another recharge has been reading His word. Nothing recharges me like reading and hearing something I’ve never noticed before as if He speaks and draws my attention to it for the first time. That recharges. I don’t necessarily recharge by being alone. I recharge most when He speaks through His word; which seems like the opposite of Alone. Makes me think of Jesus saying He’d been left alone yet He was not Alone and how His Father was with Him. The other day after posting this thread it was:
Matthew 8:13-17 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go your way; and as you have believed, so be it done unto you. And his servant was healed in the same hour. [14] And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever. [15] And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them. [16] When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: [17] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

How I’ve read it but never paused on “he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick” to me it stood out and somehow changed how I viewed Isaiah 53:3-5 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [4] Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Things like that (to me) recharge …