[Prayer Request]for someone who wants to suicide because of bipolar disorder

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I humbly request your prayers for a dear friend in the Philippines who is currently facing overwhelming difficulties and struggling with thoughts of suicide. This situation has been worsen by the recent loss of her mother in April, and she holds her father accountable for her mother's passing, given his history of mistreatment and abuse towards her. To add to the challenges, she is now the primary caregiver for her father, who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Her elder brother tends to be absent when problems arise, only returning once they are resolved. Furthermore, her uncle's actions worsen the situation as he often encourages her father to drink and then swiftly departs to evade any consequences.

Your thoughts and prayers in this trying time would be greatly appreciated.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I humbly request your prayers for a dear friend in the Philippines who is currently facing overwhelming difficulties and struggling with thoughts of suicide. This situation has been worsen by the recent loss of her mother in April, and she holds her father accountable for her mother's passing, given his history of mistreatment and abuse towards her. To add to the challenges, she is now the primary caregiver for her father, who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Her elder brother tends to be absent when problems arise, only returning once they are resolved. Furthermore, her uncle's actions worsen the situation as he often encourages her father to drink and then swiftly departs to evade any consequences.

Praying for this situation.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you care to seek guidance on her behalf here perhaps you can find a way to help her escape living with or in the presence of those who worsen her already challenging condition.

Maybe if she leaves the environment where all this upheaval exists she can find a safe place to begin finding her way to healing and balance.

Praying for all concerned.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayers. Does she have a church family there who could maybe help or a pastor to counsel her?
Please keep us updated.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What a heavy load for your friend. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Sounds like any who could lend a hand exasperate the problem, and or disappear when things get tough.
Perhaps God has confidence in her strength and moreso if she be in Christ, that she is capable one who is tasked with the hard work, not unlike many Christians before her tasked with hard works to do.
Its difficult to comprehend the fullness of her situation. Perhaps relaying sometimes God calls the most capable to do the hard works?

Yes, I will pray for your friend. If she is going to be tasked with being in charge, I pray she musters the strength to take charge.

God Bless,
Taken

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Since you care to seek guidance on her behalf here perhaps you can find a way to help her escape living with or in the presence of those who worsen her already challenging condition.

Maybe if she leaves the environment where all this upheaval exists she can find a safe place to begin finding her way to healing and balance.

Praying for all concerned.
She worries excessively about her troubled past, which is why she's hesitant to accept my advice. I suggested that she move in under my roof for a few days to give herself some breathing. It's important to note that in the Philippines, it's entirely legal for all family members, young and old, to stay in the same house indefinitely.

In addition, I'm not sure if she wants to abandon her bipolar father, but I think the answer is probably no—she just wants her father's bipolar disorder fixed.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Prayers. Does she have a church family there who could maybe help or a pastor to counsel her?
Please keep us updated.

I doubt she'll believe that because she's aware it's merely a manipulation tactic.

I'm not certain if she's a member of any church, as I've asked the same question multiple times and received no response. However, I did manage to gather some information. She believes in God, prays, and expresses gratitude to Him, but she doesn't read the Bible or attend church regularly. I continue to encourage her to seek God with me, even though she seems uncertain. I've reassured her that I won't abandon her, especially when she mentioned thoughts of suicide.

Reactions: amadeus and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She worries excessively about her troubled past
If she is a Christian, she is a baby in the faith since she doesn't read the Bible in order to grow spiritually.

Can you explain the simple Gospel (Good News) to her? And explain that the Lord can give her peace of mind and heart as she trusts Him.

1 John 1:9 is a good verse for anyone who is troubled about their past.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
If she is a Christian, she is a baby in the faith since she doesn't read the Bible in order to grow spiritually.

Can you explain the simple Gospel (Good News) to her? And explain that the Lord can give her peace of mind and heart as she trusts Him.

1 John 1:9 is a good verse for anyone who is troubled about their past.
My apologies for the oversight. She's not only concerned about her past but also her present, and as you can observe, she comes from a troubled family background that leads her to belittle herself.

Reactions: Nancy and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies for the oversight. She's not only concerned about her past but also her present, and as you can observe, she comes from a troubled family background that leads her to belittle herself.
That's too bad she belittles herself. As you feel led by the Holy Spirit to speak, we can remind believers....they are a child of God and God loves them.

Anyhow, praying.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is so heart rending Puffy,
I will pray for all concerned. A dear old friend of mine, 58 yrs. just took her life and we are all in a whirlwind about it as she had a wonderful life and an insurmountable amount of friends in several states. Those left behind who love that personare the ones who carry all that loss and sadness. Most will avoid a depressed person, and that is the worst thing that can happen, even if they seem inconsolable.
I am praying that Christ speak into her and give her even a glimmer of hope.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
How do we deal with bipolar disorder? I just heard that her father got into an accident and is currently in jail, but since he's mentally ill, shouldn't he be receiving mental health care instead of being imprison?

She also mentioned that the stress she's experiencing in 2023 is becoming overwhelming for her to handle.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we deal with bipolar disorder? I just heard that her father got into an accident and is currently in jail, but since he's mentally ill, shouldn't he be receiving mental health care instead of being imprison?

She also mentioned that the stress she's experiencing in 2023 is becoming overwhelming for her to handle.
Does she live in The Philippines like you do? Different countries have different laws about imprisoning the mentality ill.

If he is in an U.S.A. jail, his court appointed attorney representing him can bring up he is mentally ill.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am so sadden to hear of your friend. I lost my mum suddenly and became my dads caregiver overnight as he had a heart attack the day she died. I had to work through the grief while dealing with the changes, it was hard going. The one thing that helped me was to have space to grieve, cry , express how I was feeling ( I journaled and my diary became a sanctuary in many respects )
Please convey to your friend that she is being thought of by many xxxxx
I pray for you also as you endeavour to help her xxx

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Does she live in The Philippines like you do? Different countries have different laws about imprisoning the mentality ill.

If he is in an U.S.A. jail, his court appointed attorney representing him can bring up he is mentally ill.
The issue is that her father was initially held at a police station but left without any official resolution. This prompted the police to visit their home. However, it's not just that – they tend to place all their family problems on their daughter's shoulders from the very beginning. Because she is a filial person, she can't bring herself to abandon her father and leave.

Leaving her to have yet another suicide episode. Well, what can I say? I can only comfort her by telling her that she must live on for the sake of her child.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is that her father was initially held at a police station but left without any official resolution. This prompted the police to visit their home. However, it's not just that – they tend to place all their family problems on their daughter's shoulders from the very beginning. Because she is a filial person, she can't bring herself to abandon her father and leave.

Leaving her to have yet another suicide episode. Well, what can I say? I can only comfort her by telling her that she must live on for the sake of her child.
Is she in The Philippines like you are?

Try to locate a good, kind pastor who can give her some prayer and also counseling. She needs to make a step in order to get counseling.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Is she in The Philippines like you are?

Try to locate a good, kind pastor who can give her some prayer and also counseling. She needs to make a step in order to get counseling.
Yes
But that's another problem because I'm not a member of any sect myself, and I'm afraid I might seem hypocritical if I were to search for one. However, I do believe that even if just one righteous person prays for her, things can certainly change.

James 5:16-18 CEB
For this reason, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous person is powerful in what it can achieve. Elijah was a person just like us. When he earnestly prayed that it wouldn’t rain, no rain fell for three and a half years. He prayed again, God sent rain, and the earth produced its fruit.

Reactions: Debp