Preaching is worship?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just be sure its not the air of the dairy aire of the dragon we be breathing .
THAT IS BUT FOUL STENCHING AIR THAT GIVETH NO LIFE THOUGH IT MIGHT HOLLER LOVE ALL THE DAY LONG .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Who, in your opinion, is the Baha‘i worshipping with his “good actions, performed in the spirit of service to mankind”?

Expanding the question, who, in your opinion, are all other non-Christians worshipping with their “good actions, performed in the spirit of service to mankind”?
Thanks for asking my opinion, Matthias.

Baha'is, as well as Muslisms, Zoroastrians, Sikhs or Jews think that God is the source of all good, and creator of all men. So, in my opinion, by performing good actions, in the spirit of service to mankind, they worship the same One Creator and Source of All Good.

The Bible presents the case of Cornelius, a Roman solider who didn't know about Jesus, and could have a very limited formal knowledge of Jehovah as well, who performed good actions with the right spirit. The Bible presents those deeds as acceptable to God... as said by an angel that appeared to him.

Regarding Hindus, good Hindus do not see a moral conflict of interest between their deities. So their good actions, when performed in the right spirit, represents worship to the One Source of Good which is manifested through Vishnu, Rama, Krishna or whatever other deity.

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
My purpose was to share Jesus with him through the Word of God.

Thank you, TLHKAJ, for bringing these beautiful words from Jesus.
As @Matthias said, we hold Jesus in great esteem, and much more than that. We believe He was a Manifestation of God. His teachings, his commandments, all came from God, and his character was a perfect reflection of God's atributes.

Warm regards

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Jesus said "If (whoever) you've seen ME.... you've SEEN the Father""
That's true. This is what I mean by Manifestation of God.
If we hear the words of Jesus, it's like hearing the words of God. If we follow Jesus, it's like following God.
If we love Jesus, it's like loving God. If we prostrate before Jesus, it's like prostrating before God.
May Jesus be always in our lives, my brother.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two events that make worship wonderful...

1. Worship - A time in worship
2. Word - A time in the word

Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps. - Numbers 10:2

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Baha’i hold Jesus in high esteem.

What intrigued me about your comment is the possibility that in some limited sense all people with “good actions, performed in the spirit of service to mankind” might be said to be worshipping the God who created mankind.

Had we followed that line of reasoning to its logical conclusion it would have included, ironically, even avowed atheists.

P.S.

Your comment also brought to mind a classroom theological exercise commonly called “The Little Old Lady From Fiji”.
I was simply pointing him to Jesus. It's not to say that we can just earn eternal life by doing good, since we know that all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory and that salvation is by grace through faith ....not by works. Good works flow out of a heart that has a revelation of Jesus Christ on a personal level. We love Him because He loved us first ....and because we love Him, we love others ....and good works flow out from there, and point back to Him! ❤️

Reactions: Matthias

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true. This is what I mean by Manifestation of God.
If we hear the words of Jesus, it's like hearing the words of God. If we follow Jesus, it's like following God.
If we love Jesus, it's like loving God. If we prostrate before Jesus, it's like prostrating before God.
May Jesus be always in our lives, my brother.
Jesus is the Word (of God) who was made flesh, the Son of God ...and as such, He is God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Good works flow out of a heart that has a revelation of Jesus Christ on a personal level.

I think good works flow out of a heart that has been touched and transformed by the Holy Spirit.
As Jesus said, a good tree cannot bear bad fruits, and good fruits cannot come from a bad tree.

So, wherever we see a person who has come from the hell of wickedness to the paradise of love, we are witnessing the transformative power of God's grace.

Let me explain this with an example:

Suppose a Jew man had problems with alcohol and was violent with his wife.
He repents sincerely, God forgives his sins and leads this person to a spiritual condition in which he doesn't drink anymore and is gentle and kind with his wife.
What are we witnessing here? The works of the Holy Spirit or the works of evil?

Following Jesus teachings, it is impossible to think that Satan has led this person to a new life of love. It is impossible because a bad tree cannot, just cannot... and let me repeat: cannot bear good fruits. Satan does not fight Satan. Satan does not expel Satan.

In this case, the Jew has the spirit of Jesus Christ, and follows his steps, even when he intellectually does not adhere to some doctrines about Christ that Christians adhere to. This man is already living the eternal Gospel of Jesus Christ.

1716492360447.png

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for asking my opinion, Matthias.

Baha'is, as well as Muslisms, Zoroastrians, Sikhs or Jews think that God is the source of all good, and creator of all men. So, in my opinion, by performing good actions, in the spirit of service to mankind, they worship the same One Creator and Source of All Good.

The Bible presents the case of Cornelius, a Roman solider who didn't know about Jesus, and could have a very limited formal knowledge of Jehovah as well, who performed good actions with the right spirit. The Bible presents those deeds as acceptable to God... as said by an angel that appeared to him.

Regarding Hindus, good Hindus do not see a moral conflict of interest between their deities. So their good actions, when performed in the right spirit, represents worship to the One Source of Good which is manifested through Vishnu, Rama, Krishna or whatever other deity.
talk about a delusoin my friend . using cornelioius , WHO prayed to tHE JEWISH GOD
but since we are on that subject
lets see what inclusivity and the false we are one unity religoin WONT SAY .
take note that even cornelious who did much good , who prayed TO THE TRUE GOD
not some budda or other fake god
STILL had to hear the gospel and beleive in order to BE SAVED .
oops . all other religions DO Not BELIEVE JESUS TO BE THE CHRIST .
yet when cornelious heard the gospel , HE ACTUALLY DID BELEIVE .
the muslims , just like unbelieving jews and others are still under the power of satan .
Now lets examine what THE ACTUAL JESUS CHRIST said to the unbelieving jews .
WHO even claimed to follow moses , who even claimed to be Of abraham , who even claimed GOD was their Father .
He said you of your pappy the devil . keep that in mind dude .
IF even the jews didnt get a pass , the muslims wont either .
And before you try and tell me there are good people in all religoins
TRY and remember WHO IS GOOD , BUT GOD ALONE . yep , TIME WE PREACHED THE DIRE NEED
to ACTUALLY BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST . lets not offer up false anti christ hope that wont save any .
In case you are wondering why i said anti christ hope
Well , WHO is a liar . Be he who denies JESUS IS THE CHRIST , He is anti christ . SO
yeah i would not follow the popes and baha and any other who preaches
this delusion of a love that came NOT OF GOD but rather from HE who desired to be AS GOD .
the devil did all to get the first man and wife to eat of the wrong tree
LOOKS Like he is doing all again , but this time its to convince them there is no need to eat of the right tree .
Aka , HE LYING again . OH he do lie . but he knows how to use twist scrips too .
My advice to all , BETTER preach the dire and abolute need to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST .
And dont fall for the ruse that other religoins love GOD . cause had they LOVED GOD
they would have LOVED CHRIST JESUS who came forth of GOD . OOOPS they dont . so yeah there it is ..............

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said "If (whoever) you've seen ME.... you've SEEN the Father""
He said even more than that my friend .
JESUS cried and said unto them
HE who believes on me , believes not on me , but on HIM WHO SENT ME .
THERE IT IS .
He who has seen me has seen the FATHER .
I dont think folks really get this one my dear friend .
I see more and more trying to seduce us all into a lie by saying and imply
the other religoins love and serve the same GOD we do .
IMPOSSIBLE .
FOR had one loved GOD , they would have LOVED JESUS THE CHRIST .
HE who is of GOD hears us , HE who is not does not hear us .
ALL other religoins , including atheism , DENIES JESUS IS THE CHRIST .
so , they might give to the poor and do all things they think are right
BUT mark my words , IT WONT BE SAVING THEM .
FOR they all abide in darkness .
JESUS said it best
I HAVE COME a LIGHT INTO THIS WORLD that HE who BELIEVES ON ME should not abide IN DARKNESS .
If folks deny JESUS is the CHRIST , rest assured THEY ARE NOT IN THE LIGHT but IN DARKNESS .
TRUTH is the only way one can be set free from the power of satan , from darkness
IS BY JESUS CHRIST . THERE BE ONLY ONE GOSPEL my friend .
and sadly I AINT SEEING IT GETTING PREACHED by many in these last days .
I see me another go spel which aint no gosepl getting embrace and taught . IT WONT SAVE THEM
CONDMENATION .
lets examine what it is and upon whom it is .
HE who BELIEVES is not CONDMENED . amen
but HE who believes not IS CONDEMNED already for HE BELIEVES NOT in the NAME of the only begotten SON OF GOD .
WE better expose these charlatons who speak and dare to speak contrary TO CHRIST .
cause if one speaks contrary to CHRIST , WELL THEY SPEAK CONTRARY TO GOD THE FATHER who sent HIM . . and that be a fact .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think good works flow out of a heart that has been touched and transformed by the Holy Spirit.
As Jesus said, a good tree cannot bear bad fruits, and good fruits cannot come from a bad tree.

So, wherever we see a person who has come from the hell of wickedness to the paradise of love, we are witnessing the transformative power of God's grace.

He repents sincerely, God forgives his sins and leads this person to a spiritual condition in which he doesn't drink anymore and is gentle and kind with his wife.

Following Jesus teachings, it is impossible to think that Satan has led this person to a new life of love. It is impossible because a bad tree cannot, just cannot... and let me repeat: cannot bear good fruits. Satan does not fight Satan. Satan does not expel Satan.

In this case, the Jew has the spirit of Jesus Christ, and follows his steps, even when he intellectually does not adhere to some doctrines about Christ that Christians adhere to. This man is already living the eternal Gospel of Jesus Christ.

View attachment 45519
The HOLY SPIRIT TESTIFIES OF JESUS CHRIST .
all other religions DO NOT TESTIFY HIM as THE CHRIST .
heck when i was in boyscouts we were well trained to do good , to feed the poor
to help the elderly . BUT IT COULD NOT SAVE ME . Now if one claims JESUS CHRIST
and yet their works prove otherwise THEN THEY DECIEVED themselves .
BUT and this is one big ol BUTT , being taught to simply do good and not beleiving ON JESUS as THE CHRIST
IS a message that cometh of men and all other religoins and it wont be saving a one of them .
YET many prosphey as you do my friend and many more will join you in time
under this so called love spell of inclusivity that TRODS JESUS CHRIST under foot .
and at most it USES his words like love your neighbor and feed the poor etc .
OH BUT IT DO DENY THE DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON HIM . satan has cooked up a religoin TO NOW UNITE MANKIND
again to be as one . And far too many are falling for it .
TIME we get us back in the bible . TIME we learn that TRUTH , that gospel and all things both JESUS
and the apostels taught . Cause we got us an agenda born of man and NOT OF GOD
authored by anti christ and not by CHRIST , to gather all religoins , tribes and peoples
to gather as one under what they believe IS GOD and IS LOVE . only , BINGO ITS THE DEVIL
not GOD and NOT LOVE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 45519
IF THEY dont COME to JESUS CHRIST , none of that will have mattered .
man cannot SAVE HIMSELF . BUT JESUS CAN and its high TIME we pointed to HE , TO HIS GOSPEL
to BELIEVE YE ON HIM again . TIME to do THAT and to remind all of ALLLL THINGS HE taught
and later the apostels taught . TIME to BIBLE UP and let us learn and be well refreshed in THE TRUTH .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 45519
The work of GOD is to BELIEVE ON HE WHOM GOD DID SEND . lets not twist stuff and try and go around
the truth of the gospel . It wont be saving anyone . the social inclusive gospel IS FALSE my friend .
The GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST , ISTRUTH . now they both might contain some good works
BUT ONLY ONE SAVES . and it aint the social gospel , that one will damn a soul and fast too .
Time to preach the dire need to BELIEVE ON HE WHOM GOD DID SEND
and all things HE did teach . INCLUDING THE DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON HIM as well as doing good to others .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 45519
Do you agree with this
YE shall not HATE your neighbor in your heart
you shall in any way correct them and now allow sin upon them .
GOOD . so why on earth would we hate them and allow the greatest sin of all , UNBELIEF upon them .
I mean if one believth not that JESUS is the CHRIST , they gonna DIE IN THEIR SINS .
PLUS and this is a big one too .
JESUS THE CHRIST OF GOD IS NO MINSTIR OF SIN .
so dont expect to see him holding the diverse inclusive rainbow flag honoring ANYONES SIN EITHER .
HE will not honor the sins of men , HE will not honor the SIN OF UNBELIEF . HE WILL NOT CALL IT LOVE
to allow death upon a soul and give that soul false hope in a lie that could not save . ONLY satan would do that .
LETS PREACH the DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST AGAIN , while there still be time to do so .

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
IF THEY dont COME to JESUS CHRIST , none of that will have mattered .
man cannot SAVE HIMSELF .
Certainly man cannot save himself. That's exactly my point.
That's why we can be confident that the Jew man of my example did come to Jesus Christ, even if he didn't adhere to a particular interpretation of Isaiah 53 and continued being a Jew.
We know he did come to Jesus Christ because of his fruits. Those fruits could not have appeared by man's efforts alone, but by the grace and power of God. Isn't it so?

In other words, if you see a man who has been born again into a new, spiritual life, it is because the grace that God pours through Christ has reached him. Otherwise, he would have persisted in his previous wicked life.

Jesus preached repentance, and preached the kingdom of God, a kingdom for the meek, for the merciful, for the brave.
So, if a Jew has repented and transformed into a citizen of the kingdom of God (meek, merciful, brave, etc) then he has believed in Christ.
To me, believing in Christ is doing what He asks us to do.

Last edited:

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Do you agree with this
YE shall not HATE your neighbor in your heart
you shall in any way correct them and now allow sin upon them .
GOOD . so why on earth would we hate them and allow the greatest sin of all , UNBELIEF upon them .

The greatest sin is to attribute the salvation / healing of person to the devil, and not to the Holy Spirit.
That's the "unforgivable sin"
That's why I say we must recognize the works of the Holy Spirit in the life of a person, regardless if he or she is Jew, Muslim or Sikh.
Never think that if a Sikh has been healed and born into a new life, it is because of the devil! ;)

22 And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

I mean if one believth not that JESUS is the CHRIST , they gonna DIE IN THEIR SINS .
"My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise."
Psalm 51:17

I believe, as the author of this psalm, that God will not despise a broken and contrite heart.

Jesus himself explained that the condition to receive mercy from God, is to show mercy to others
Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (Luke 6.37)
Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. ’” (Luke 11:4)
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins (Mark 11:25)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly man cannot save himself. That's exactly my point.
That's why we can be confident that the Jew man of my example did come to Jesus Christ, even if he didn't adhere to a particular interpretation of Isaiah 53 and continued being a Jew.
We know he did come to Jesus Christ because of his fruits. Those fruits could not have appeared by man's efforts alone, but by the grace and power of God. Isn't it so?

In other words, if you see a man who has been born again into a new, spiritual life, it is because the grace that God pours through Christ has reached him. Otherwise, he would have persisted in his previous wicked life.

Jesus preached repentance, and preached the kingdom of God, a kingdom for the meek, for the merciful, for the brave.
So, if a Jew has repented and transformed into a citizen of the kingdom of God (meek, merciful, brave, etc) then he has believed in Christ.
To me, believing in Christ is doing what He asks us to do.
sorry pancho , but if any jew even did good things and yet beleived not , confessed NOT JESUS IS THE CHRIST
HE DIDNT COME TO JESUS CHRIST and thus damnation awaits .
FOR one who ACTUALLY COMETH TO CHRIST
would have BELIEVED GOD ROSE HIM FROM THE DEAD , WOULD ACTUALLY CONFESS HIM as MESSIAH , CHRIST , LORD .
ya gospel falls far short of the mark . ALL you all do is the work of a very greedy
a very wicked , a very satanic Vatican . YET YOU KNOW IT NOT.
try examining what is going on my friend . I SEE this same pattern within ALL denominations now .
THE HARLOT is merging all to be as one . RIGHT UNDER the devil himself .
The wife of satan , so to speak , the WHORE herself that does her husbands work , her fathers work
the devils work has found the common ground that will and is and shall unite EVERY religoin known to man
and even athiest . FOR ITS GOD IS , ITS GOLDEN BULL is , THE LOVE that has come of the world .
NOT GOD nor HIS LOVE . its a LOVE RELIGOIN of do ye this and not rather BELIEVE YE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
and then do ye this . You all been duped . but i speak that not to condmen you
but to help you . IT BE BIBLE TIME . and BIBLE TIME IT BE . time for us to learn for ourselves
the simple truth in CHRIST . let us learn ALL . now that be ALLLLL THINGS HE said and taught .
LET us not just use some of his teachings and yet twist them teachings to omit OTHER THINGS HE SAID .
THIS MANY DO . but this lamb NOT GONNA DO IT . IF JESUS SAID IT , GOD SAID IT
and to me that includes EVERY WORD HE SAID . TIME all do the same .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greatest sin is to attribute the salvation / healing of person to the devil, and not to the Holy Spirit.
That's the "unforgivable sin"
That's why I say we must recognize the works of the Holy Spirit in the life of a person, regardless if he or she is Jew, Muslim or Sikh.
Never think that if a Sikh has been healed and born into a new life, it is because of the devil! ;)

22 And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

"My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;

a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise."
Psalm 51:17

I believe, as the author of this psalm, that God will not despise a broken and contrite heart.

Jesus himself explained that the condition to receive mercy from God, is to show mercy to others
Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (Luke 6.37)
Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. ’” (Luke 11:4)
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins (Mark 11:25)
you twisting scrips to fit a lie my friend . your version , your understanding of things
IS contradicting a WHOLE lot of what JESUS and later the apostels said and warned about .
But you are not alone . many have long done this . destruction awaits any and all
who loved a lie . and that is a fact . You omit a whole lot of what JESUS and the apostels said
about the dire need to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST .
You see i seem to notice that not one apostel went about
to try and find common ground at all . THEY , as DID JESUS in many places ,
PREACHED THE DIRE NEED TO FIRST BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and believe me , THEY , including JESUS
warned BIG TIME about what would occur to those who rejected and failed to beleive ON HIM .
A hint . GONNA BE WORSE FOR THEM than ever it was for even SODOM on the day of judgment .
BUT you chose to preach a false hope . THIS will not bode well for you at all ON THE DAY OF THE LORD .
what is the one thing that ANGERED GOD the most .
IT was those WHO LIPPED HIS NAME and YET ..........................DECIEVED .
watch out , you are in serious and deadly grave danger . TIME to repent , time to offer up the ONLY HOPE one has
And that is this , TO BELEIVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and then , then LEARN all things HE and later the apostels did teach
as well as all examples in the scriptures so as we do not do the evil they did .
IN OTHER WORDS , ITS BIBLE TIME pardner . Get a nose full and stay Dug in them pages and learn for yourself
what GOD revealed to me . and that is this , MEN BE FLEECING THE HECK OUT OF FOLKS
and been so busy preaching another jesus , another gospel , another god and another love . BIBLE TIME PANCHO .