Proof that Jesus is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think satan is gleeful when we will argue about everything rather than actually SEE where we have areas of mistrust.

Its kind of like when the politicians don’t want attention drawn to something they’ve done or said so they get everyone arguing about something other than that.
upload_2021-5-18_12-15-34.png

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show a scripture that states Jesus Christ IS Almighty God.

If Jesus Christ is Almighty God surely there would be One Scripture??? Even the trinity doctrine doesn't make that claim.. is that why some trinitarians claim God Almighty was Begotten??
How many Gods do you believe in?

Gen 1 God said, "Let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show a scripture that states Jesus Christ IS Almighty God.

If Jesus Christ is Almighty God surely there would be One Scripture??? Even the trinity doctrine doesn't make that claim.. is that why some trinitarians claim God Almighty was Begotten??
John 1 The Word was God and became flesh.

Yep still there.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you admitting kcnalp you can't find the scripture? If Jesus Christ is Almighty God surely there would be One Scripture??? Even the trinity doctrine doesn't make that claim.. is that why some trinitarians claim God Almighty was Begotten??

Why not show which trinity doctrine you believe in?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you admitting kcnalp you can't find the scripture? If Jesus Christ is Almighty God surely there would be One Scripture??? Even the trinity doctrine doesn't make that claim.. is that why some trinitarians claim God Almighty was Begotten??

Why not show which trinity doctrine you believe in?
How many Gods do you believe in?

Gen 1 God said, "Let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Deity of Christ is always in the feminine sense as being brought forth with labor pains.
Strong's Concordance
theotés: deity
Original Word: θεότης, ητος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: theotés
Phonetic Spelling: (theh-ot'-ace)
Short Definition: deity, Godhead
Definition: deity, Godhead.

Therefore, the feminine noun of theos was used.
Strong's Concordance
theos: God, a god
Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Short Definition: God, a god
Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

The use of a feminine nouns emphasis the fact that the Word was created. When? "In the Beginning was the Word" (John 1:1) Words such as godlike, divinity, or deity are all in the feminine sense.
Strong's Concordance:
arché: beginning, origin
Original Word: ἀρχή, ῆς, ἡ
Transliteration: arché
Phonetic Spelling: (ar-khay')
Short Definition: ruler, beginning
Definition: (a) rule (kingly or magisterial), (b) plur: in a quasi-personal sense, almost: rulers, magistrates, (c) beginning.

HELPS Word-studies 746 arxḗ – properly, from the beginning (temporal sense), i.e."the initial (starting) point"; (figuratively) what comes first and therefore is chief (foremost), i.e. has the priority because ahead of the rest ("preeminent").

Jesus is preeminent is he not? "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;" (Colossians 1:15)

01.png
02.png
03.png

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh.. that states Jesus Christ is Almighty God? Looking. reading ... Nope. I did find this though.

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. (2 John 1:7)

Can you show me the trinity that admits to Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the trinitarians not only deny Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh but refuse his personal testimony at (John 3:16)

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Deity of Christ is always in the feminine sense as being brought forth with labor pains.
Strong's Concordance
theotés: deity
Original Word: θεότης, ητος, ἡ
Transliteration: theotés
Phonetic Spelling: (theh-ot'-ace)
Short Definition: deity, Godhead
Definition: deity, Godhead.

Therefore, the feminine noun of theos was used.
Strong's Concordance
theos: God, a god
Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Short Definition: God, a god
Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

The use of a feminine nouns emphasis the fact that the Word was created. When? "In the Beginning was the Word" (John 1:1) Words such as godlike, divinity, or deity are all in the feminine sense.
Strong's Concordance:
arché: beginning, origin
Original Word: ἀρχή, ῆς, ἡ
Transliteration: arché
Phonetic Spelling: (ar-khay')
Short Definition: ruler, beginning
Definition: (a) rule (kingly or magisterial), (b) plur: in a quasi-personal sense, almost: rulers, magistrates, (c) beginning.

HELPS Word-studies 746 arxḗ – properly, from the beginning (temporal sense), i.e."the initial (starting) point"; (figuratively) what comes first and therefore is chief (foremost), i.e. has the priority because ahead of the rest ("preeminent").

Jesus is preeminent is he not? "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;" (Colossians 1:15)

The Greek noun, "Θεός", when written "ὁ Θεός", is in the masculine, as "God". And when written as "ἡ Θεός", it is feminine, "goddess"

You don't seem to understand the grammatical gender in Greek? Just because, for example "Spirit" is "πνεῦμα", which is in the neuter, does not mean that The Holy Spirit is an IT! In Hebrew it is, "רוּחַ ", which is in the feminine, which does not mean that The Holy Spirit is "female"!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised none of the Trinitarians have yet put forward this verse:

Titus 2:13 (WEB): looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ;

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well? Where is it?
Revelation 1:8 (NKJV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:17-18 (NKJV)
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
Revelation 2:8 (NKJV)
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, 'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:
Revelation 2:18-23 (NKJV)
18 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:
19 I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.
20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.
21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent.
22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.
23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Amen Jesus, You are God!

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh.. that states Jesus Christ is Almighty God? Looking. reading ... Nope. I did find this though.

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. (2 John 1:7)

Which translation are you citing?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek noun, "Θεός", when written "ὁ Θεός", is in the masculine, as "God". And when written as "ἡ Θεός", it is feminine, "goddess"

You don't seem to understand the grammatical gender in Greek? Just because, for example "Spirit" is "πνεῦμα", which is in the neuter, does not mean that The Holy Spirit is an IT! In Hebrew it is, "רוּחַ ", which is in the feminine, which does not mean that The Holy Spirit is "female"!

So now you don't believe in the Deity of Christ. I always knew that anyways. Just wanted you to come out of that dark corner so I can shine the light on you.

Here's another one for you to deny.
Strong's Concordance
sophia: skill, wisdom
Original Word: σοφία, ας, ἡ
Transliteration: sophia
Phonetic Spelling: (sof-ee'-ah)
Short Definition: wisdom
Definition: wisdom, insight, skill (human or divine), intelligence.

The officers replied: “Never has any man spoken like this.” (John 7:46)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remeber your favourite verse, John 1:1 - Jesus was with God in the beginning, and Jesus did the creating. So in Gen 1:26 when God said, “Let’s make man in our image, after our likeness”, and all the other "God said, “Let ...”", that was God giving instructions to His son, Jesus. Nice and simple - no need to concoct strange theories that two (or three) separate beings are somehow actually one being, or other such nonsense!
God called Himself US and OUR. Pretty simple. Father and Son.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you will have to go on believing Jesus is not God and I will have to go on believing He is. You will not convince me I am not worshipping God when I worship Jesus. There are too many verses to the contrary. There are a lot of them. I think I am safe to worship Jesus as they worship Him in heaven in Revelation and I do not think God would allow them to do that if Jesus wasn’t God.

I will try and give "my/a" take on what and where a lot of these controversies are coming from.
The Kingdom of Heaven verses the Kingdom of God.
Milk verses meat and the chewing it up in nice short little "sound/print bytes" for attention deficited milky's.
Trying to show that this is what "I'm doing, and have done, and still doing."
1 Peter 2:
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable TO God BY Jesus Christ. Which should btw, show that Jesus ISN'T GOD!
Yet? God made himself a little lower then the angels, so in his creating the OFFICE, of High Priest and Kinsmen Redeemer TO Himself that A) He could be born flesh. So B) This flesh could taste death. So that C) He could show His AUTHORITY OVER Death THROUGH this personage of Jesus Christ of Nazareth by raising this Jesus from the dead!
Showing (yet again) God's loving kindness towards and FOR this small part of His creation that He/They created in THEIR "image!"
Which would be EVERYONE EVER BORN FROM WOMAN!

It would pretty naive for one to think that every soul ever inplanted within one born from woman, was not created a long time ago. To the point of Godlessness and Lawlessness, in saying that the Potter got it wrong, when He decided which soul of which sex should be formed within each womb.

It would also be pretty naive for one to think that God did not, nor is even able to change or alter for the better, as well as for the worse, one's genetic make up (or seed)!
One can kinda imagine, if you will, what an original telephone "switchboard" looks like, with all the wires being plugged and unplugged, with the board itself being the individual, and the "wires" being all manners of "spirits" and accesses granted, or denied....or on HOLD! :) (SIMPLE...but complicated)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course Jesus came in the flesh. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.