Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but someone will say "i cannot possibly sin now Amadeus, bc i am in Christ now, just like It says right?"
When a person says that he had better really be in Christ. We can say it, but perhaps it is better not to say that we know instead of simply believing it. I believe that most, if not all, of those who say they know... do not even at times know when they are. Perhaps the problem lies in considering this question rather than simply moving forward as he leads us. Wrong emphasis! Wrong focus!

I believe that when we are in Christ, we will not be sinning. But once we are really there [in Christ] and get a little tired thinking we have to hold on instead of simply believing and following perhaps we get weary in well doing. [Not eating his flesh and drinking his blood as we should?] We then look to our left at that female who attracts us. Instead of refocusing on God and the things of God, we consider the girl and the possibilities of the flesh and suddenly we are no longer in Christ.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person says that he had better really be in Christ. We can say it, but perhaps it is better not to say that we know instead of simply believing it. I believe that most, if not all, of those who say they know... do not even at times know when they are. Perhaps the problem lies in considering this question rather than simply moving forward as he leads us. Wrong emphasis! Wrong focus!

I believe that when we are in Christ, we will not be sinning. But once we are really there [in Christ] and get a little tired thinking we have to hold on instead of simply believing and following perhaps we get weary in well doing. [Not eating his flesh and drinking his blood as we should?] We then look to our left at that female who attracts us. Instead of refocusing on God and the things of God, we consider the girl and the possibilities of the flesh and suddenly we are no longer in Christ.

The bible makes it clear once saved we still sin. Even when we try hard not to.

And once Christ has you, you aren't leaving. Even if it requires handing your body to Satan for destruction to save your spirit.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible makes it clear once saved we still sin. Even when we try hard not to.

And once Christ has you, you aren't leaving. Even if it requires handing your body to Satan for destruction to save your spirit.
We may still sin after we have met the Master, but to say we definitely must, to me is calling Jesus a liar. We don't stop sinning due our singularly great efforts, but according to our surrender to Him within us. We may have to ask God to help us surrender completely and continually. Will He refuse us?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8

Our "free will" causes us to lose battles and we sin. Surrendering that will to God allows Him to fight the battles. God does not lose battles. We do. God does sin. We do. But He made it possible for us to be overcomers. If do not overcome through Him in us, the price of sin [death] will ours to pay.

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:26-27

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We may still sin after we have met the Master, but to say we definitely must, to me is calling Jesus a liar. We don't stop sinning due our singularly great efforts, but according to our surrender to Him within us. We may have to ask God to help us surrender completely and continually. Will He refuse us?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8

Our "free will" causes us to lose battles and we sin. Surrendering that will to God allows Him to fight the battles. God does not lose battles. We do. God does sin. We do. But He made it possible for us to be overcomers. If do not overcome through Him in us, the price of sin [death] will ours to pay.

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:26-27

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

There is a big difference between must and will. I never said must.

Ask and it will begin? It does not say when it will be given. It does not say the answer will always be yes either.

Word of Faith, Prosperity Gospel and similar teachings do not exist in the Bible.

The bible most assuredly teaches personal responsibility with the aid of Christ. Not that Christ does it all for you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a big difference between must and will. I never said must.

OK, so does this make any real difference in this case?

Ask and it will begin? It does not say when it will be given. It does not say the answer will always be yes either.
I read the Bible in both Spanish and German and they both agree with the "given". Your version of the Bible seems to have twisted the meaning of the whole verse by changing the one word from "given" to "begin". Are you perhaps an expert in the original written language of the scripture?

Word of Faith, Prosperity Gospel and similar teachings do not exist in the Bible.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
The bible most assuredly teaches personal responsibility with the aid of Christ. Not that Christ does it all for you.
And this means what about what I posted? You will have to explain. You are not communicating.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so does this make any real difference in this case?

Absolutely.

I read the Bible in both Spanish and German and they both agree with the "given". Your version of the Bible seems to have twisted the meaning of the whole verse by changing the one word from "given" to "begin". Are you perhaps an expert in the original written language of the scripture?

No, it was a typo.

It changes the bible from it might to it will happen.
And this means what about what I posted? You will have to explain. You are not communicating.

You said, "I believe that when we are in Christ, we will not be sinning.

Your posting has more Pentecostal than you probably think.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus: OK, so does this make any real difference in this case?
CoreIssue:
Absolutely.
Your version of the Bible seems to have twisted the meaning of the whole verse by changing the one word from "given" to "begin". Are you perhaps an expert in the original written language of the scripture?

was a typo.
So you are saying it should be "given"?
CoreIssue:
It changes the bible from it might to it will happen.
You said, "I believe that when we are in Christ, we will not be sinning.
Jesus never sinned. When we are in him continuously we will not sin. If we are not in him it's another thing. Only someone who has already overcome as He overcame will be able to avoid sinning any more.

Your posting has more Pentecostal than you probably think.
The word is simply taken from the day of Pentecost as per Acts 2. Have I clearly been what people would call a Pentecostal? Well some might call me that, but it depends on what is or is not included in their definition, I guess. I have been [or still am] a tongue talker and a dancer and a runner as the Spirit has led. Some say that makes me Pentecostal. I would be content with simply being pleasing to God, whatever that might take...

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes.
Jesus never sinned. When we are in him continuously we will not sin. If we are not in him it's another thing. Only someone who has already overcome as He overcame will be able to avoid sinning any more.

That is toll sanctification and false.

Romans 7:21-23 New International Version (NIV)
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

1 John 1:8-9 New International Version (NIV)
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
You have quoted the verses, but have not understood...as if one who is "forgiven" and "purified", is not forgiven or purified at all.

But if they are "purified", as it is written here, then you are in error.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have quoted the verses, but have not understood...as if one who is "forgiven" and "purified", is not forgiven or purified at all.

So the bible is wrong and you are right. WOW!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue

Yes.

Oh my, it would seem we are in disagreement. Well serve Him well and let God increase you as you allow it.

Give God the glory!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the bible is wrong and you are right. WOW!!
Oh...I see the problem...

No...the bible which you quoted is right, and you are wrong...and you totally don't see your mistake.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well re the OP , I have yet to see 'proof' that we were only forgiven our past sin's.
Well re: the OP, see 'proof' that we were only forgiven our past sin's.

And re: in the here and now ... sins is plural ... sin's is possessive.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
amen, also why there is no "asking for forgiveness" in Scripture
Guess I need to post the "BACs need to keep repenting" thread.
Are you up for it?

Actually, it's the same olde story ...

We must RECONCILE the so-called OSAS verses
with the many verses which are against OSAS !!!

And the best way to do this, IMO, is to understand that:

True saving belief = believe, have faith, trust, and obey.

Try and see if this doesn't solve all of our disputes about OSAS!

E.G. --- 4 times in John 14, Jesus said (paraphrasing):
"Those who love Me, obey (keep) My commandments."

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It will take better than that to change my mind. :)
I believe Jesus paid the price for all sin... the sin of the world from beginning to the end. I believe that was always the Plan 'from before the beginning of the world'

Most do not know that, or maybe want to know that.
They still sit in a cage ....but the cage door is OPEN.
They do not SEE or recognize their freedom...just like so many slaves back in the day. They were told that they had been liberated, but how many years does history show that their minds could not comprehend it...they stayed as slaves. For some it was all they had known.

Just like the worker Elephant. They are chained to a stake by their foot for so long...and trained.
Then the remove the stake , but leave the chain. Then finally they remove the chain...the Elephant mentally is still chained. It stays , not knowing it is so many times stronger than it captor.

" But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life
."

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It will take better than that to change my mind. :)
I believe Jesus paid the price for all sin... the sin of the world from beginning to the end. I believe that was always the Plan 'from before the begging of the world'

Most do not know that, or maybe want to know that.
They still sit in a cage ....but the cage door is OPEN.
They do not SEE or recognize their freedom...just like so many slaves back in the day. They were told that they had been liberated, but how many years does history show that their minds could not comprehend it...they stayed as slaves. For some it was all they had known.

Just like the worker Elephant. They are chained to a stake by their foot for so long...and trained.
Then the remove the stake , but leave the chain. Then finally they remove the chain...the Elephant mentally is still chained. It stays , not knowing it is so many times stronger than it captor.

" But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life
."
Great verse, there!

Good indeed to remember the "It is finished", said by the suffering Saviour on the Cross.

He was indeed once offered; He perfectly accomplished once sacrifice (Hebrews chapters 9 and 10).

Reactions: Helen