Prophecy paradigm shift needed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Marcus.

Marcus O'Reillius said:
Well your age-old, well-worn, not-new paradigm doesn't answer where we go when we die.

In Revelation, John, who is IN the third Heaven of the presence of God the Father, sees the Great Multitude arrive with the breaking of the sixth Seal with its attendant "Day of the Lord" sun/moon/star sign.

This is right after the fifth Seal reveals the holding place for the martyrs - right underneath the very Altar in God's Temple in Heaven.

And since they do not join the Great Multitude until after the entire one 'seven' is complete with Christ's victory over the anti-Christ at Armageddon - they are in another "Heaven."

Likewise, the Dead in Christ who make up the bulk of the Great Multitude came from where? (They came from) Where their souls were interned until the Last Trumpet call goes forth and summons the Dead in Christ to resurrect and be with Christ. He then returns with them on the clouds and gathers the Elect (the few remaining who never suffer death) which then constitutes the Great Multitude

1st Heaven - Paradise as described in Luke 16.
2nd Heaven - fifth Seal martyrs before their number is complete (with the Two Witnesses)
3rd Heaven - the presence of God the Father as the Great Multitude will be.

Now THAT is a new paradigm for an old word.
Frankly, that my "age-old, well-worn, not-new paradigm doesn't answer where we go when we die" really doesn't matter! Whether we die and temporarily cease to exist, our bodies put in the graves and our breaths going back into the sky and back to God, or if we die and our "spirits" go to be with God IN THE NEW JERUSALEM, it doesn't matter; either way, we need to have our bodies RESURRECTED to continue! And, we won't truly be able to enjoy our new lives with the Messiah until we do!

John never says that he IS in the "third heaven." John never even talks about the "new heaven" (which I believe is the "third heaven") until Revelation 21.

And, where is God-the-Father's presence?! Aren't we taught that He is OMNIPRESENT?!

Where, at the breaking of the fifth or sixth seal, does it say that the Great Multitude "ARRIVES," let alone "ARRIVES IN HEAVEN?!"

Revelation 6:9-17
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
KJV

The words "under the altar the souls of them that were slain" are the Greek words "hupakatoo tou thusiasteeriou tas psuchas toon esfagmenoon." Of course, "tas psuchas" ("the souls") are the words in question. The additional important Greek words are these:

NT:5270 hupokatoo (hoop-ok-at'-o); from NT:5259 and NT:2736; down under, i.e. beneath:
KJV - under.

NT:5259 hupoo (hoop-o'); a primary preposition; under, i.e. (with the genitive case) of place (beneath), or with verbs (the agency or means, through); (with the accusative case) of place (whither [underneath] or where [below] or time (when [at]):
KJV - among, by, from, in, of, under, with. In comp. it retains the same general applications, especially of inferior position or condition, and specifically, covertly or moderately.

NT:2736 katoo (kat'-o); also (compare) katooteroo (kat-o-ter'-o); [compare NT:2737]; adverb from NT:2596; downwards:
KJV - beneath, bottom, down, under.

NT:2737 katooteros (kat-o'-ter-os); comparitive from NT:2736; inferior (locally, of Hades):
KJV - lower.

NT:2596 kata (kat-ah'); a primary particle; (prepositionally) down (in place or time), in varied relations (according to the case [genitive case, dative case or accusative case] with which it is joined):
KJV - about, according as (to), after, against, (when they were) alone, among, and, apart, (even, like) as (concerning, pertaining to touching), aside, at, before, beyond, by, to the charge of, [charita-] bly, concerning, covered, [daily-], down, every, (+far more) exceeding, more excellent, for, from ... to, godly, in (-asmuch, divers, every, -to, respect of), ... by, after the manner of, by any means, beyond (out of) measure, mightily, more, natural, of (up-) on (X part), out (of every), over against, (+your) own, particularly, so, through (-oughout, -oughout every), thus, (un-) to (-gether, -ward), uttermost, where (-by), with. In composition it retains many of these applications, and frequently denotes opposition, distribution, or intensity.

NT:2379 thusiasteerion (thoo-see-as-tay'-ree-on); from a derivative of NT:2378; a place of sacrifice, i.e. an altar (special or genitive case, literal or figurative):
KJV - altar.

NT:2378 thusia (thoo-see'-ah); from NT:2380; sacrifice (the act or the victim, literally or figuratively):
KJV - sacrifice.

NT:2380 thuoo (thoo'-o); a primary verb; properly, to rush (breathe hard, blow, smoke), i.e. (by implication) to sacrifice (properly, by fire, but genitive case); by extension to immolate (slaughter for any purpose):
KJV - kill, (do) sacrifice, slay.

esfagmenoon is a plural noun form adapted from sfazoo: NT:4969 sfazoo (sfad'-zo); a primary verb; to butcher (especially an animal for food or in sacrifice) or (generally) to slaughter, or (specifically) to maim (violently):
KJV - kill, slay, wound.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)
Literally then, this Greek phrase translates to "beneath the altar the 'psuchas' of the once-butchered/slaughtered."

HOWEVER, if you're still thinking about "souls" as the "immaterial parts" of people now dead and separated from their bodies, you're going to come to one conclusion, BUT if you're thinking about "souls" as the "animated bodies" or the "breathing bodies" of people dead AT ONE TIME and now RESURRECTED, you would come to a different conclusion!

Also, I think you mean "interred," right? "Interned" means to be "confined, detained, held captive, locked up, imprisoned, incarcerated, impounded, or jailed."

Okay, Yeshua` is NOT describing in Luke 16 a scene in some "paradise," as you suggest. Let's look at the word "paradise":

As anyone can find with a rudimentary look at a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, there are three locations in Scripture that use the English word "paradise," Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4; and Revelation 2:7. (Luke 16 is NOT among them.) And, they all three come from the Greek word listed as NT:3857 and transliterated into the English letters, "paradeisos":
Luke 23:43
43 And Jesus said unto him,
Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
KJV
2 Corinthians 12:4
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
KJV

Revelation 2:7
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
KJV

NT:3857 paradeisos (par-ad'-i-sos); of Oriental origin [compare OT:6508]; a park, i.e. (specifically) an Eden (place of future happiness, "paradise"):
KJV - paradise.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)
(I would also, at this point, use the Englishman's Concordance to confirm that these are the only three occurrences of that Greek word.)

Notice closely the note to "compare OT:6508" and that this word has an "Oriental origin," that is, although it is a Greek word, it has its origins in the Middle East or farther East, such as Mesopotamia. So, let's look at this Hebrew word which is associated with the word "paradeisos":

OT:6508 pardeec (par-dace'); of foreign origin; a park:
KJV - forest, orchard.

From either the Englishman's Concordance or from looking up both English words listed for the KJV in Strong's Concordance and checking for the "OT:6508" number, we can ascertain that this word "pardeec" is found in Nehemiah 2:8 as "the ... forest" (hapardeec), Ecclesiastes 2:5 as "and orchards" (uwpardeeciym), and Song of Solomon 4:13 as "an orchard" (pardeec).
Nehemiah 2:8
8 And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.
KJV

Ecclesiastes 2:5
5 I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits:
KJV

Song of Solomon 4:13
13 Thy plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; camphire, with spikenard,
KJV

(By the way, I use the transliteration "ee" because it is a transliteration of the vowel point tsere, which is an "ay" sound, as opposed to the "e" transliteration of the vowel point segol, which is an "eh" sound.)

Strictly speaking then, the word "pardeec" simply means "a park (of trees!); an orchard!" Furthermore, its Greek counterpart, "paradeisos," also means "a park (of trees!)" So, our word "paradise," which is a TRANSLITERATION of the Greek word, should also mean "a park of trees!" So, where does Luke 16 even HINT at a "park of trees?!"

ON THE OTHER HAND, if one follows out the third occurrence of "paradise," namely Revelation 2:7, to its logical conclusion, "paradise" is where the Tree of Life is located! And, WHERE do we see this species again?

Rev 21:1-3, 10-13, 21, 2:1-2
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven (sky) and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven (the sky), prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven (the sky) saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven (the sky) from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
KJV

Thus, the "paradise of God" is within the city of God, the New Jerusalem! It's a "park of trees," specifically of the species known as the "Tree of Life!" They are found throughout the new city within the medians of the city's street of gold!

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
The Jewish Sephirot teaches 4 Heavens....

1: Earth.
2: Lower angels (both good and bad) and demons.
3: Abode of Messiah and His Heavenly Temple.
4: Abode of Yahweh.

I'm sure that Retrobyter is aware of this.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, Saint.

Saint said:
The Jewish Sephirot teaches 4 Heavens....

1: Earth.
2: Lower angels (both good and bad) and demons.
3: Abode of Messiah and His Heavenly Temple.
4: Abode of Yahweh.

I'm sure that Retrobyter is aware of this.
Aware of it and reject it. This is from the Qabbalah, a form of Jewish mysticism, which started in the twelfth century. It was an attempt to systematize the other teachings of Jewish mysticism and connect to a power by drawing on the Name (haShem). This use of the Name to wield power as a talisman is EXACTLY what the third Law of the Decalogue commands against!

Exodus 20:7
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
KJV

It's pointless to try, unnecessary, and blasphemy as it attempts to put God in a box and USE Him for selfish purposes!

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John doesn't have to say he is in the third Heaven for him to have been in the third heaven.

Going on age-old definitions is not a new paradigm. A new way of looking at it is to answer an age-old question: where do we go when we die? The answer is in the Bible.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, everyone.

I would like to suggest a massive paradigm shift based on six definitions:

These definitions are of the six words: "Christ," "Kingdom", "Gospel," "Salvation," "Church," and "Heaven."

Currently, many Christians use the following definitions:

(3rd) Heaven = God's abode
Christ = the Son of God, Jesus
Kingdom (of God) = ethereal kingdom in Heaven
Gospel = good news about one's justification by God
Salvation = one's justification by God
Church = special body of Christ

Here's the new (old) definitions for these words:

(3rd) Heaven = the skies, particularly the earth's atmosphere
Christ = one who is anointed to become King
Kingdom (of God) = literal kingdom on earth
Gospel = good news about God reigning
Salvation = national rescue, particularly of the Messiah's Isra'el
Church = a gathering of people

When the children of Isra'el first left Egypt, they became a nation ruled DIRECTLY by God (YHWH), but led by Mosheh (Moses) and Aharown (Aaron) his brother. That was the FIRST occurrence of the Kingdom of God.

Later, after being led by Joshua and after that the judges, and after the first king Shaa'uwl (Saul) ended in disaster, David and Shlomoh (Solomon) were kings THROUGH whom God ruled His people, the children of Isra'el. David was called a "man after God's own heart," and Shlomoh was actually called BY GOD, "God's son." David ruled first over Judah, and then over Isra'el. Shlomoh ruled first over all Isra'el and then over its tributaries.

Later still, Yeshua` (Jesus) came on the scene as the FINAL Messiah, the FINAL "One who is anointed to be Isra'el's King," and God will reign THROUGH Yeshua` the Messiah first over Judah, second over Isra'el, third over its tributaries and territories, and finally over the whole world.

Somehow, over the last 2,000 years or so, that image has MORPHED into God (the Trinity) ruling over the entire UNIVERSE (instead of just the world), and Christians have become nebulous in their theology to the point of becoming relatively impotent and too general and ethereal in their approach to God's prophecies.

Thoughts?
Too heavenly minded to be any earthly good?