propitiation by His blood, through faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, stick to the gospel. It sorts this all out. Don't "offer the gospel". That makes people trust in their faith instead of Christ. The disciples "preached" (announced) the gospel "My life is so much better now in Christ than before". And it's as simple as believing that I'm telling you the truth when I say; "whoever believes in Jesus has eternal life". Do you believe me? Congratulations, you have eternal life. Now if you truly believe, turn away from any sin you might know of, find a church to baptize you, and try to walk according to God's word. It's a new lifestyle...etc., etc....

So if I have faith that what Jesus did on the cross has saved me I have faith in my faith. What kind of double talk is this.

You said; "Now if you truly believe, turn away from any sin you might know of, find a church to baptize you, and try to walk according to God's
word."

You are just another one of those that try to put the children of God under the law. You want others to walk the way you think they should walk. Tell me, have you really turned away from sins. If turning away from sin proves your faith then tell us if you think you still sin in the flesh. What are those great works you think you do?

Do you comfort the children of God? Do you help them to understand that Jesus has set them free of the law and that believing what Jesus did on the cross has set them free from their sins? Or do you just try and make them doubt their place as children of God? You want the children of God to question their salvation through faith and their being free from the law? You don't want the children of God to know they are set free.

I said I knew where you were going and what you have said proves I was right. You are just another religious person who thinks it is his way or the highway. I thank God always that He has made a way for sinners to be saved by what He has done and not what we do.

Salvation is the work of God and it was finished on the cross.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if I have faith that what Jesus did on the cross has saved me I have faith in my faith. What kind of double talk is this.

You said; "Now if you truly believe, turn away from any sin you might know of, find a church to baptize you, and try to walk according to God's
word."

You are just another one of those that try to put the children of God under the law. You want others to walk the way you think they should walk. Tell me, have you really turned away from sins. If turning away from sin proves your faith then tell us if you think you still sin in the flesh. What are those great works you think you do?

Do you comfort the children of God? Do you help them to understand that Jesus has set them free of the law and that believing what Jesus did on the cross has set them free from their sins? Or do you just try and make them doubt their place as children of God? You want the children of God to question their salvation through faith and their being free from the law? You don't want the children of God to know they are set free.

I said I knew where you were going and what you have said proves I was right. You are just another religious person who thinks it is his way or the highway. I thank God always that He has made a way for sinners to be saved by what He has done and not what we do.

AMEN!!!
....Thumb.gif

Reactions: Nancy

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.” (Ephesians 2:3)

And I am sure you think you don't do any of these things, right? Paul writes to the believers of the gospel of grace who walk in the spirit (walk in faith) and have no confidence in the flesh.

Phil 3:3
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
NKJV

But the religious place their confidence in the work of the flesh.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I am sure you think you don't do any of these things, right? Paul writes to the believers of the gospel of grace who walk in the spirit (walk in faith) and have no confidence in the flesh.

3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
NKJV

And sometimes the religious place their faith in a deal they have made to cheat death!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh come on...WHY?

If my husband is in the back room and " I go in there" then I am seeing him.
David was clear....his baby had died...he knew it was with God..so he said ..."Okay God is not going to heal my baby and give him back to me...but one day I will die and go to him..."

There is no other way to read it!! o_O
as long as you assume immortality, i guess you are right? But fwiw i can't find a single instance of "see you on the other side" in Scripture, except in parables; shouldn't we be reading it all over the place?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as long as you assume immortality, i guess you are right? But fwiw i can't find a single instance of "see you on the other side" in Scripture, except in parables; shouldn't we be reading it all over the place?

I am laughing so hard right now!
Are you SURE you can't find a single Instance of "see you on the other side" in scripture...??

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

NKJV

The problem with your understanding is; one needs the Holy Spirit before they can do "Christian" things. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, any attempts at obedience are simply acting like a Christian = hypocrisy.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
D

Dave L

word."

If your faith is a condition of salvation, you will trust in it rather than in Christ.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your faith is a condition of salvation, you will trust in it rather than in Christ.
Oh my gosh! If we are saved by the kindness of God THROUGH FAITH, how is faith not a condition of saving?? Yes, it is a gift, but there is no saving without it!

And how does it make sense to say you will trust in your faith rather than in chris t when faith IS trust in Christ??

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To @Dave L:

Romans 5:1-2,

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

I believe it is your position, contrary to this scripture, that grace and salvation come first, and then faith.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dave,
How is it that you have such a poor understanding of salvation by grace through faith PLUS nothing?

The two conditions for salvation are repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21). "Faith" here is saving faith -- "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31). Therefore it would be ABSURD for anyone to have faith in faith.

I believe there are many here (and elsewhere) who have not grasped this very fundamental Gospel truth. Just as those who add good works and sacraments to the finished work of Christ do not have a proper understanding of Sola Fide (by faith alone).

We are reminded again and again that Abraham BELIEVED God and it was accounted or imputed to him for righteousness. This was long before he offered Isaac upon the altar as commanded by God. And Abraham is the "father" of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and are saved by grace.

D

Dave L

Dave,
How is it that you have such a poor understanding of salvation by grace through faith PLUS nothing?

The two conditions for salvation are repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21). "Faith" here is saving faith -- "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31). Therefore it would be ABSURD for anyone to have faith in faith.

I believe there are many here (and elsewhere) who have not grasped this very fundamental Gospel truth. Just as those who add good works and sacraments to the finished work of Christ do not have a proper understanding of Sola Fide (by faith alone).

We are reminded again and again that Abraham BELIEVED God and it was accounted or imputed to him for righteousness. This was long before he offered Isaac upon the altar as commanded by God. And Abraham is the "father" of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and are saved by grace.
Grace = unmerited favor. If it depends on your choosing to have faith, it is not grace.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte