Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The real meaning of Protestant is pro-testimony. Pro scripture, which is why the Roman church fought so hard to destroy the Protestants. What would be the result if all of a sudden the world come to the realization that the scriptures are the foundation of truth faith and practice, and not the church? The church is only the foundation of truth when it is in harmony with scripture. Already by the time of the council of Trent, Protestantism was gaining huge ground. Rome was losing her control. Her presumed authority in exalting tradition over scripture was being revealed as a phony and a fraud. And that's still the argument. Scripture, or the church?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps not, for a sect is simply a group, which some people name 'church' be it called Protestant, Catholic or something else.

Is not the Church to consist of people whose hearts are toward God without regard to organizational affiliations?

Is not the Church to consist of babies unable to walk or talk or partake of strong meat as well as oldsters who are partaking of the meat God provides to those who are really hungry and thirsty for the right things?

Who but God alone is able to see all of the hearts and give them a place on the right or on the left... or to cast anyone into outer darkness?

the baptized

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh there are plenty of protestants that follow man-made doctrine also....

Sure. Speaking as a whole, is primarily in agreement with the "total" doctrine.
Yet everyone is still an individual, and rarely in "total" agreement with the "established" Whole of the "doctrine".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did Christ found a church to teach the truth?

* Christ Jesus IS the Chief cornerstone and head of His extablished Church within a man.

* Jesus is the Word of God whereby a man can Learn HOW TO become a member of Christ Jesus' Church.

* Christ is the Power of God whereby a man can BE MADE a member of Christ Jesus' Church.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the baptized

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

And a person, who is baptized in water [H2O], but whose heart is Not directed toward God, is lost, without regard to any label, he may bear, be it Catholic, Protestant or something else!

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Already by the time of the council of Trent, Protestantism was gaining huge ground. Rome was losing her control. Her presumed authority in exalting tradition over scripture was being revealed as a phony and a fraud. And that's still the argument. Scripture, or the church?
And without the quickening of the Spirit, what does anyone have?

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely Disagree.

Protestantism...is Protest Against men's man-made doctrines that corrupt the Lord's Doctrine.

Protest Against corrupt doctrines, IS NOT a SIN! It is the Complete Opposite of SIN!
It is Complete Standing with the Lords Doctrine, rather than corrupt man made doctrines!
Any religion that says somebody is in bondage when they keep God's commandments as the Bible literally commands is by default an evil religion. In fact, Jude pretty much said whoever teaches that God's grace replaced any obligation for commandment keeping is working for Satan. Interestingly enough, that's the foundational doctrine of Protestantism. The Reformers didn't just protest Catholicism, they protested against the apostles as well.
Protestantism was a repudiation of the false teachings of the Catholic Church. That was obedience to God. So how could that be a sin?
The Muslims say Muhammed obeyed God as well, but that don't make it true. If the Reformers protested against the false doctrines of Catholicism, then why did they every last one of them retain Catholic traditions and dogma when they started their own following? Matter of fact, starting the Reformers starting their own groups is completely against scripture. Protestantism sums up what James called being double-minded because they abandoned Catholicism to start their own groups while needing the authority of Catholicism to validate their religions.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think protesting the Roman Catholic Church is a sin. The Catholic Church is infested with homosexual “priests”. Why would I call them Father when Jesus commands me not to. I think Satan has infiltrated the Catholic Church.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Protestantism sums up what James called being double-minded because they abandoned Catholicism to start their own groups while needing the authority of Catholicism to validate their religions.
Looks like you are all for the Catholic Church. But if Protestantism is being double-minded, then Catholicism is being idolatrous and blasphemous. The veneration of Mary is not taught in the Bible, and there is only ONE Head of the Church, and that is Christ, not any human pope.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any religion that says somebody is in bondage when they keep God's commandments as the Bible literally commands is by default an evil religion...

I wasn't speaking of "religion", but was speaking of "doctrines".
Man-made doctrines VS Jesus' Doctrines.

The Reformers didn't just protest Catholicism, they protested against the apostles as well.

Unfamiliar with this information.
* Any specific "identified" person as promoting protest Against the Apostles? Who?

* And What was their "against the Apostles", charge?
Of What?

Glory to God,
Taken

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the baptized

You must remember, without the reformation you would never know these verses. Without the reformation you would not be allowed to read them

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestantism sums up what James called being double-minded because they abandoned Catholicism to start their own groups while needing the authority of Catholicism to validate their religions.

No friend, because the reformation allowed us to have the scripture, we don't need the authority of the bishop to validate our faith. We have the word of God, which is His own testimony, and the testimony of His prophets and apostles.
But more than anything we have the authority of having been reborn in Him, having Him dwelling in us and His Spirit conforming us to His image to do His will and glorify Him.

The RCC on the other hand declared salvation to be by sacrament, being given or taken away by the will of a man. But we are sanctified by God, not by a man.

We are no more double minded because we do not profess to believe God while deferring to a pope. Therefore we are single minded, because our only authority is in heaven

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestantism was a repudiation of the false teachings of the Catholic Church. That was obedience to God. So how could that be a sin?
Cos you have no authority from Christ to know the truth, only the church of the apostles does Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 matt 28:19 commanded to teach

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

You can’t give the keys or authority or power to a confession!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42
Acts 8

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

We must be taught by Christ, thru His church by the apostles, Jn 16:13 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4
Lk 24:27 acts 8:30-31 thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* Christ Jesus IS the Chief cornerstone and head of His extablished Church within a man.

* Jesus is the Word of God whereby a man can Learn HOW TO become a member of Christ Jesus' Church.

* Christ is the Power of God whereby a man can BE MADE a member of Christ Jesus' Church.
Christ appointed his apostles his church to teach see post 39