Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And a person, who is baptized in water [H2O], but whose heart is Not directed toward God, is lost, without regard to any label, he may bear, be it Catholic, Protestant or something else!
Then why be baptized?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must remember, without the reformation you would never know these verses. Without the reformation you would not be allowed to read them
That’s plain silly
The word of God always available
Books any book was copied by hand and rare and expensive and most people were illiterate until the 20th century
Bibles were not banned bad versions teaching errors were banned
The catholic mass has more scripture that the Protestant service

only a few verses and and hour sermon
But the mass has a lengthy reading from the OT and the epistles and the Gospel and only a 10 or 15 min sermon then ends with the reading of John 1

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s plain silly
Books any book was copied by hand and rare and expensive and most people were illiterate until the 20th century
Bibles were not banned bad versions teaching errors were banned
The catholic mass has more scripture that the Protestant service

But the mass has a lengthy reading from the OT and the epistles and the Gospel and only a 10 or 15 min sermon then ends with the reading of John 1
You should not generalize so much...

The mass has changed since Vatican II in the 1960's. When I was a faithful attending Catholic during the 1950's, what you say of "more scripture" reading was Not the case. The only Bible reading done then was whatever short verse or verses read by the priest as part of his sermon. There was no other Bible reading or study.

On the other hand when I attended a non-Catholic church in Vallejo CA in the 1970's our Sunday morning services averaged between 3 and 4 hours ending well into the afternoon with testimonies, preaching, teaching from the Bible and hymns. Then we broke until 7PM and the Sunday evening service went for another 2-3 hours with more Bible teaching and preaching.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s plain silly

The only copies of scripture in the RCC were in Latin before the reformation, which no one spoke, and mass was in Latin. The RCC killed people for translating the scripture into languages they understood - literacy or not.
In the 15th century if you went to a church you would have no idea what was being said; you would just watch elaborate ritualism. Most priests didn't even know the scriptures.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Before the reformation that was all in Latin and you would not understand any of it.

Ask yourself why the RCC would murder tens of thousands of people before letting any of them get a chance to understand what the Bible actually says? Because it was a cesspool getting ridiculously wealthy by teaching all kinds of awful false doctrine and the only way they were getting away with it for 1300 years was by making sure no one knew any better except for people they could control.

That's the fact of history. It is not the present state of things, but you don't seem to understand why the reformation happened?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should not generalize so much...

The mass has changed since Vatican II in the 1960's. When I was a faithful attending Catholic during the 1950's, what you say of "more scripture" reading was Not the case. The only Bible reading done then was whatever short verse or verses read by the priest as part of his sermon. There was no other Bible reading or study.

On the other hand when I attended a non-Catholic church in Vallejo CA in the 1970's our Sunday morning services averaged between 3 and 4 hours ending well into the afternoon with testimonies, preaching, teaching from the Bible and hymns. Then we broke until 7PM and the Sunday evening service went for another 2-3 hours with more Bible teaching and preaching.
The mass has not changed and Connor be changed
Vatican 2 sect and new mass and sacraments apostasy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mass has not changed and Connor be changed
Vatican 2 sect and new mass and sacraments apostasy
The mass itself has not changed? When I attended a large part of it was done in Latin. Other than the priests and perhaps the nuns I doubt that anyone in attendance understood much of the Latin spoken. I was an altar boy and while we made some responses to the priest in Latin, we were not required to understand what we were saying. we simply memorized the words without understanding them.

The Bible readings done in Catholic Churches today were not done at all in the 1950's where I attended from age 6 until I graduated from high school in 1961. I attended Mission San Juan Bautista, CA, the largest of the original 21 California missions established by the Spanish.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only copies of scripture in the RCC were in Latin before the reformation, which no one spoke, and mass was in Latin. The RCC killed people for translating the scripture into languages they understood - literacy or not.
In the 15th century if you went to a church you would have no idea what was being said; you would just watch elaborate ritualism. Most priests didn't even know the scriptures.

not true
Accusations
There were 15 versions in German before luther was born
Check what was the first book published by Gutenberg “a Catholic Bible”

actually Latin was the common language of the people of Rome so wrong again
Anybody and learn and understand Latin

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the duty of the church founded by Christ on Peter is to safeguard the sacred deposit of faith and the faithful from all error matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before the reformation that was all in Latin and you would not understand any of it.

Ask yourself why the RCC would murder tens of thousands of people before letting any of them get a chance to understand what the Bible actually says? Because it was a cesspool getting ridiculously wealthy by teaching all kinds of awful false doctrine and the only way they were getting away with it for 1300 years was by making sure no one knew any better except for people they could control.

That's the fact of history. It is not the present state of things, but you don't seem to understand why the reformation happened?

All accusations and attacks
And an attack on the church is an attack on Christ, Christ and his church are one acts 9:4 and teach no error
Jn 16:13

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there was always a faithful remnant to Jesus Christ throughout Church history.

Back to @Taken

Honestly if we were to all be "Complete Standing with the Lords Doctrine," we would not be able to agree with any one denomination completely, as some manmade doctrine is a part of every denomination.
Amen and amen and amen! Well said!!!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All accusations and attacks
And an attack on the church is an attack on Christ, Christ and his church are one acts 9:4 and teach no error
Jn 16:13
Dude you just attacked anyone non Catholic

you should be the last person complaining about being attacked

if you can’t handle it. Don’t give it as my mother used to say

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There’s no authority from Christ or scripture for any reformation
Any attack on the church is an attack on Christ acts 9:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The so called reformation never reformed anything they started new churches with zero authority from Christ none of them were even apostles eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it? I remember my baptism in the Catholic Church at 6 years of age. I do not remember anyone explaining repentance to me. I repented at age 32 prior to baptism in water in a Pentecostal Church.
You had nothing to repent of