Purgatory and Praying to Saints in Catholic Biblical Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven't seen her amigo. What's your thoughts on purgatory? Or maybe the crusades since me and BOL have derailed this thread way out into left field.
Hey - don't blame ME for derailing the thread.
YOU are the one who began spewing your perverted "history".

All I did was call you out on it and expose you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But when I study history it says rome fell in 400AD. But it's a bit more complicated. The west fell 400, the east went to about 1200 while in between the church split (900-1000?), And then the west rose up again with charlemagne around 900.
Again - I'm not sure why you bring up Charlemagne. He wasn't a Church leader.
And, by the way - the East-West Split came about in 1054.

Once again - you've shown you complete lack of historical knowledge.
I'm embarrassed for you . . .

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
And, by the way - the East-West Split came about in 1054.

Once again - you've shown you complete lack of historical knowledge.
I'm embarrassed for you . . .

are you that picky, im going by memory so cut me some slack jack.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

are you sure he wasnt connected with the church in anyway?

maxresdefault.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you sure he wasnt connected with the church in anyway?
Charlemagne was a ruler - NOT a Church official.
READ your history.

The illustration YOU posted is merely a depiction of his coronation - and NOT to the Papacy.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you that picky, im going by memory so cut me some slack jack.
You're on a debate site.
If you are going to make historically-bankrupt claims - then don't expect for people to cut you ANY slack.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Charlemagne was a ruler - NOT a Church official.
READ your history.

The illustration YOU posted is merely a depiction of his coronation - and NOT to the Papacy.

why was the pope putting that crown on his head, whats that all about?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
You're on a debate site.
If you are going to make historically-bankrupt claims - then don't expect for people to cut you ANY slack.

it feels like a one sided debate. why you holding back? you could have made some good points on the crusades, we should do a whole thread on the crusades, the gloves come off, east vs west, baptist vs Catholic! , what you think? your not scared are you? i can help you get started if you need.
i dont know anything about being bankrupt, matter fact i know little of banking, im just a simple country boy that turns wrenches for a living, but now that i think of it, i remember that pope john paul back in the 70s and that banking business in Italy, something . . . Ambrosiano maybe? what was all that stuff?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why was the pope putting that crown on his head, whats that all about?
Why does the Archbishop of Canterbury crown the heads of Britain?

Charlemagne was NOT a member of the clergy.
You desperately need to STUDY history before posting again . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it feels like a one sided debate. why you holding back? you could have made some good points on the crusades, we should do a whole thread on the crusades, the gloves come off, east vs west, baptist vs Catholic! , what you think? your not scared are you? i can help you get started if you need.
i dont know anything about being bankrupt, matter fact i know little of banking, im just a simple country boy that turns wrenches for a living, but now that i think of it, i remember that pope john paul back in the 70s and that banking business in Italy, something . . . Ambrosiano maybe? what was all that stuff?
What on earth makes you think you're equipped to debate the Crusades when you've gotten every other bit of history wrong??

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Why does the Archbishop of Canterbury crown the heads of Britain?

Charlemagne was NOT a member of the clergy.
You desperately need to STUDY history before posting again . . .

he crowns him because they rule together. the king and priest have to work together to direct the people. now you know what charlamagnes role was.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
What on earth makes you think you're equipped to debate the Crusades when you've gotten every other bit of history wrong??

put your money where your mouth is and prove me wrong. you can do it! if you offer no substance to the argument no one will ever take you serious. you dont want to be "that guy" do you?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he crowns him because they rule together. the king and priest have to work together to direct the people. now you know what charlamagnes role was.
This is an idiotic conversation.

Come back when you've done some homework . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
put your money where your mouth is and prove me wrong. you can do it! if you offer no substance to the argument no one will ever take you serious. you dont want to be "that guy" do you?
Read post #133.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
This is an idiotic conversation.

Come back when you've done some homework . . .

you are quite the sophisticated one. do you ever feel silly sometimes when you know deep down your arguments are based on name calling?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can deal with that but first let's go back to the ignorant statement.
Rome killed Jesus.
Rome killed 11 of the 12
Rome imprisoned the 12th
Rome killed st Paul
Rome killed John the Baptist.

Which one of these is wrong?
All of them. PAGAN Rome did the killing, not Christian Rome. Mix matching in an attempt to discredit the historic Church Jesus founded is a lie from the pit of hell. False histories are the staple for Baptist Secessionists, SDA's, J.W.s Christadelphians and legions of anti-trinitarian cults that have popped up in the last +-200 years. While I'm at it, cult leader Matt Slick, the idol of anti-Catholic Calvinists, falls under this broad category of anti-Catholicism. His minions often contaminate Catholic bashing threads to the point where they have to be shut down.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are quite the sophisticated one. do you ever feel silly sometimes when you know deep down your arguments are based on name calling?
Actually - I already buried your claims several posts back.
I've been waiting for an educated rebuttal - but you're incapable of delivering.

By the way - have you stopped beating your wife?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Actually - I already buried your claims several posts back.
I've been waiting for an educated rebuttal - but you're incapable of delivering.

By the way - have you stopped beating your wife?
Ohh that's right, when you debunked all the facts with I'm wrong because you say I'm wrong.
what it so funny is your the one providing no information while claiming I'm ignorant. And the definition of ignorant is one with a lack of information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if I want to get away with killing someone, or a dozen people, all I got to do is change my name after killing and it's ok?
No. You are implying that the Catholic Church changed it's name from PAGAN Rome to CHRISTIAN Rome WITHOUT a shred of evidence. It demands brainwashing to come to such absurd conclusions. Dave Hunt, chief brainwasher of made-in-America Funnymentalism, does this constantly.
Is the Catholic Church the Whore of Babylon? | Catholic Answers
Hunt-ing the Whore of Babylon | EWTN
Hunt-ing the Whore of Babylon: Part II | Catholic Answers

Keep it up, jaybird, BoL and myself take delight in exposing your false histories propagated in the name of Jesus.
You have too much pride to BACK OFF!!!

Lastly, this thread was meant for anti-Catholic revisionists.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
No. You are implying that the Catholic Church changed it's name from PAGAN Rome to CHRISTIAN Rome WITHOUT a shred of evidence. It demands brainwashing to come to such absurd conclusions. Dave Hunt, chief brainwasher of made-in-America Funnymentalism, does this constantly.
Is the Catholic Church the Whore of Babylon? | Catholic Answers
Hunt-ing the Whore of Babylon | EWTN
Hunt-ing the Whore of Babylon: Part II | Catholic Answers

Keep it up, jaybird, BoL and myself take delight in exposing your false histories propagated in the name of Jesus.
You have too much pride to BACK OFF!!!

Lastly, this thread was meant for anti-Catholic revisionists.

it requires brainwashing to buy into the fact that the ones that killed Jesus are the ones that teach us about Jesus.