Purgatory and Praying to Saints in Catholic Biblical Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohh that's right, when you debunked all the facts with I'm wrong because you say I'm wrong.
what it so funny is your the one providing no information while claiming I'm ignorant. And the definition of ignorant is one with a lack of information.
I've given you nothing BUT facts - historical AND Scriptural.
YOU'VE offered nothing but your historically-bankrupt opinions.

And, for the record - the definition of "ignorance" is NOT simply a lack of information.
Ignorance means "having no knowledge of".

And now your ignorance is complete . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it requires brainwashing to buy into the fact that the ones that killed Jesus are the ones that teach us about Jesus.
No - it requires a LOT of stupidity to not be able to differentiate the Church from pagan Rome.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I've given you nothing BUT facts - historical AND Scriptural.
YOU'VE offered nothing but your historically-bankrupt opinions.

And, for the record - the definition of "ignorance" is NOT simply a lack of information.
Ignorance means "having no knowledge of".

in other words a lack of information, like i said before. an example would be me giving a list of details explaining a point, and you telling me its wrong based on nothing (ignorance) other than you saying its wrong.

And now your ignorance is complete . . .

???

No - it requires a LOT of stupidity to not be able to differentiate the Church from pagan Rome.

you mean the church of pope john xii who gave land to a mistress, murdered several people, and was killed by a man who caught him in bed with his wife, that church?

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in other words a lack of information, like i said before. an example would be me giving a list of details explaining a point, and you telling me its wrong based on nothing (ignorance) other than you saying its wrong.

you mean the church of pope john xii who gave land to a mistress, murdered several people, and was killed by a man who caught him in bed with his wife, that church?
Ummmmm, Christ's Church has had bad leaders from the beginning - but that doesn't detract from the fact that it is the Body of Christ.
Jesus Himself stated that one of His Apostles (Judas) - the FIRST BISHOPS - was a "devil" (John 6:70).

Do you think Judas is in Heaven - or Hell?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Ummmmm, Christ's Church has had bad leaders from the beginning - but that doesn't detract from the fact that it is the Body of Christ.
Jesus Himself stated that one of His Apostles (Judas) - the FIRST BISHOPS - was a "devil" (John 6:70).

Do you think Judas is in Heaven - or Hell?
Judas is kind of a whole other thing. I take the side of Judas while most are against. If judas betrayed on his own then there would be no need for Satan to possess him

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judas is kind of a whole other thing. I take the side of Judas while most are against. If judas betrayed on his own then there would be no need for Satan to possess him
WOW.
That's what you get from the Gospel??

It's like talking to a wall - only the wall has a higher IQ . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22 3 is where Satan possessed Judah. Did you not know that?
I think you mean, "Judas".
You ALSO said the following in post #145:
"Judas is kind of a whole other thing. I take the side of Judas while most are against. If judas betrayed on his own then there would be no need for Satan to possess him"

This is an asinine statement.
I was showing you that Christ's Church has had some bad leaders from the beginning - starting with Judas. The fact that YOU are on "Judas's side" speaks VOLUMES about you and how little you know of God's Word.

First of all - Judas couldn't have betrayed Jesus "on his own" as you say. It is BECAUSE of Satan that sin entered into the world in the first place.
That doesn't make Judas "innocent" - because he obeyed Satan instead of God.

The fact you YOU take his side explains a LOT to me . . .

Last edited:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
"Judas is kind of a whole other thing. I take the side of Judas while most are against. If judas betrayed on his own then there would be no need for Satan to possess him"

I was showing you that Christ's Church has had some bad leaders from the beginning - starting with Judas. The fact that YOU are on "Judas's side" speaks VOLUMES about you and how little you know of God's Word.

First of all - Judas couldn't have betrayed Jesus "on his own" as you say. It is BECAUSE of Satan that sin entered into the world in the first place.

so Judas didnt betray Jesus, it was Satan? i think its more complicated than that but ok.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it requires brainwashing to buy into the fact that the ones that killed Jesus are the ones that teach us about Jesus.
Did you come up with that dogmatic statement from reading the Bible? Where does it say that? It wasn't so much the Jews or the Romans that killed Jesus. It was me. I killed Jesus with my sins.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I think it's time to commend Jaybird over to the care of St. Ignora. Judas' participation in God's plan of salvation was incidental, while Mary's participation was required. Not all anti-Mary Christians belong to Bible Christian hate cults, but all Bible Christian hate cults are anti-Mary Christians.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Did you come up with that dogmatic statement from reading the Bible? Where does it say that? It wasn't so much the Jews or the Romans that killed Jesus. It was me. I killed Jesus with my sins.
It was a roman governor. And temple leadership appointed by rome. Not that hard.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I think it's time to commend Jaybird over to the care of St. Ignora. Judas' participation in God's plan of salvation was incidental, while Mary's participation was required. Not all anti-Mary Christians belong to Bible Christian hate cults, but all Bible Christian hate cults are anti-Mary Christians.

I think people are to hard on Judas. He was possessed by Satan, tried to give back the silver, and killed himself because he couldn't live with the shame.
He isn't with out guilt, but to make it out as if he pre meditated the whole thing is IMO pushing it to far.
He regretting what he did. There are people out there today that destroy thousands of lives and feel nothing. That's evil and far worse

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - I've been thinking about doing just that - but I get a guilty pleasure out of exposing idiocy and ignorant historical stupidity.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah the church acted completely independent from rome, how can you believe that?
rome is rome, i just showed you the reality. i dont look at the names, i look at the actions.

king herod was appointed by rome, no one voted on it.

the crusades were about mans greed and thirst for power

i have read but you refuse to debate anything, calling me ignorant and embarrassing only makes you look like you have nothing of substance to add.

Rome didn't adopt Christianity until the 4th century - it was hostile towards our religion before Constantine.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Rome didn't adopt Christianity until the 4th century - it was hostile towards our religion before Constantine.

you notice how before rome "adopted" the faith, they persecuted Christians. and after they adopted, they continued doing the exact same thing.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you notice how before rome "adopted" the faith, they persecuted Christians. and after they adopted, they continued doing the exact same thing.

Christianity was decriminalized when Constantine conquered the Empire. I think you may like to romanticize about an underground church of 'real' Christians in rebellion against the state approved Catholic church, but there is no record of orthodox believers outside the authorized church. Sure, heresies were everywhere, but none taught the truth faith.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Christianity was decriminalized when Constantine conquered the Empire. I think you may like to romanticize about an underground church of 'real' Christians in rebellion against the state approved Catholic church, but there is no record of orthodox believers outside the authorized church. Sure, heresies were everywhere, but none taught the truth faith.

fifty thousand were burned alive at the Spanish inquisitions alone. im not so sure its a fairy tale.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fifty thousand were burned alive at the Spanish inquisitions alone. im not so sure its a fairy tale.

so.....I see you like to skip through the centuries, at will

Are you really as naive as you sound? You do realize that people of every religious ilk seemed to have reveled in torturing and murdering their fellow humans throughout the history of Christianity, right?

This is not Roman, it is human....