Put on the new man, Col 3:10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 3:10 encourages us to become a new man. We need to put on the new personality by thinking and acting in a way that reflects Jehovah's personality. Read, know, and apply the fruitages of the spirit listed for us in Galatians 5:22,23 and take note of the works of the flesh found in the preceding verses and shun those.

By manifesting that fruitage of the spirit, we allow holy spirit to influence our thoughts, feelings, and actions. This can help us to maintain our joy, even amidst trials. It can help us to remain patient and kind when dealing with others, but most of all by putting on that new personality, we please our God.

Reactions: amadeus
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree but I think Col 3:10 more than "encourages us" but rather commands us to become a new man as cross referenced in the scriptures below as well as others.

Ephesians 4:23-24 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Being a new person in Christ is our assurance of salvation - 1 John 2:3 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.”

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 3:10 encourages us to become a new man. We need to put on the new personality by thinking and acting in a way that reflects Jehovah's personality. Read, know, and apply the fruitages of the spirit listed for us in Galatians 5:22,23 and take note of the works of the flesh found in the preceding verses and shun those.

By manifesting that fruitage of the spirit, we allow holy spirit to influence our thoughts, feelings, and actions. This can help us to maintain our joy, even amidst trials. It can help us to remain patient and kind when dealing with others, but most of all by putting on that new personality, we please our God.
There is only One Way by which we can "put on the new man".

The FATHER says you must worship the LORD who is the WORD that walked in the Garden and spoke with Moses thru the burning bush.

Reactions: Two-Edged Sword

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new man is what comes up with Jesus in resurrection, @Robert Gwin. The old man is put into the grave second and on the cross first. Or pole as may suggest.