Queen Elizabeth II dies at 96

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes, most of them were melted down after the abdication. I really liked the first issue of coins with the young Queen's image.
queen-elizabeth-1953-Royal-Mint-Sovereign.jpg

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Something I hadn't realised today was the fact that she wasn't Queen Elizabeth II in Scotland but just Elizabeth Queen of Scots. And the ancient Scottish crown was placed on her coffin.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Something I hadn't realised today was the fact that she wasn't Queen Elizabeth II in Scotland but just Elizabeth Queen of Scots. And the ancient Scottish crown was placed on her coffin.
I think Charles II was King after the union of the kingdoms, so Charles will be Charles III in Scotland as well as in England........

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think Charles II was King after the union of the kingdoms, so Charles will be Charles III in Scotland as well as in England........
Yes he will. After Elizabeth I died with no children it was James the VI of Scotland who was the son of Mary Queen of Scots, who became James I of England.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes he will. After Elizabeth I died with no children it was James the VI of Scotland who was the son of Mary Queen of Scots, who became James I of England.
It's really interesting how the line of monarchs in England and Scotland is different up to the 17th century.....

(Wales, too, from prior to 1536.........)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh no I was talking about our money changing over, at the moment the Queen is in all our bank notes ect
@Rita It's interesting that even if the UK had gone over to the Euro, they would still have changed the coinage in due course after the passing of the Queen, because each member country of the EU has its own national symbol on one side of the Euro, issued proportionately by each member country. (Even Monaco, which is not formally an EU member but uses the Euro, has the effigy of reigning Prince Albert on its Euro coins.)

So Charles would still be on the Euro coin, even if the UK had joined the Euro.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Never heard of mechanic grading. I would guess she did simple maintenance. Fluids, filters, change tires, etc.
I would even doubt that, because most people in high society would not even associate with someone who got their hands dirty or bent down on their knees to pick something up in fact.
One high society fellow owned an Airfield and was making inventions for the War effort during WW2 and showing the invention off to such high society, but he made the mistake of picking up such from the ground and getting his hands dirty ! So they dismissed him as one of their own ilk and stole his Airfield, and not to mention that he had to Sue such to get his Airfield back after the War. Such as They wanted to destroy him for being so hugely offensive to their own class. One would almost faint seeing one of their own ilk doing manual labour. challenging the states quo like that would be frightful thing to witness.

Do we see any photos of HRH even changing a tyre, No ! such as that would be highly undignified !

I would doubt that Charles has ever changed a tyre in his life.

That's not to say that if I were Prince Charles I would not be doing such myself especially when you have minders all around one ! why would you ! they would all be snickering in fact. One would just say, I say :kiaora::tiphat::waves::woot:

Reactions: JohnPaul

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
PS: Some of the young Royal Family seem to have grown up so fast that I hardly recognize them...........
I know what you mean. It's amazing how time flies as we get older.

Seems like my God son was just learning to ride his tricycle last year.
Now, he's getting his learners permit for the car. I say, That's one talented little toddler. :laughing:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's really interesting how the line of monarchs in England and Scotland is different up to the 17th century.....

(Wales, too, from prior to 1536.........)
Wales is also a Principality with William now as the Prince of Wales.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Poignant photo.
From the left Princess Beatrice kneeling, Prince Andrew partly hidden, Prince Edward, Peter Phillips who is Princess Anne’s son, Princess Anne, Zara Tindall who is Princess Anne’s daughter, Sir Timothy Lawrence who is princess Anne’s husband, Lady Louise Windsor who is Prince Edwards daughter and Sophie Prince Edward’s wife.