Racism on parade

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will not get an argument from me on that. I understand the problem and it existed not only on the side of the south. The northern states gave more superficial freedom, but they certainly did not give equality treatment under law to the former slaves. But, slavery was hardly the only issue at stake. I understand that. My mother's attitude toward blacks in the 1940's through 1970's was mild compared with the attitudes of many others I knew. I could tell some stories on that on person experiences, but I won't.

The only good answer for anyone that will really be lasting and meaningful as I see it is in God. I guess I knew that even before I met that black Christian family so many years ago. My wife and I were really hungry...

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

Sounds good. Check out the 'christianity' of the northern states at the time of that war. It was not your Bible believing Christianity that the Southern people adhered to and still do today. We are not called the 'Bible Belt' for nothing. Make no mistake, that War had spiritual roots.

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If God did not create the races, who did? Please don't say 'climate'. When God created and chose the Jews especially for His earthly people, was that not a racist decision? Are we not programmed, taught, that to have an affinity towards ones own race is wrong?

Stranger
If I recall correctly was Abraham not from Ur in Iran? Thus by today's definition an Arab? God didn't choose the Jews, they became a people under God, who were later termed as Jews. The Hebrews they are referred to in Moses' time ( at least in our English translations ) There were splits in Israel, into Judah, Samaria etc. In Abraham's son Isaac, we are told that what we have today ( we are the free ) and after that I think God called the nation Israel. I could be wrong, I'm no Bible Scholar.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good. Check out the 'christianity' of the northern states at the time of that war. It was not your Bible believing Christianity that the Southern people adhered to and still do today. We are not called the 'Bible Belt' for nothing. Make no mistake, that War had spiritual roots.

Stranger
Thanks, that is a subject I have never gotten into. When I was in college, I was not a Christian and my only US History course made little of no mention of religion, much less Christianity. I may dig into it a bit.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger

There is a book by Douglas Wilson, "Black and Tan", which you may like. Amazon has it; used costs about $10.00. I read it online but don't know where I found it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was it not the white man that went to africa, dehumanised the natives, stole there from there own country, made slaves of them than treated then worse than animals. America comes to mind.
Was it not teh white man that went to india, again made them slaves to the rich and wealthy stole them from there country and again de humanised them
Was it not the white man that went to america. christians apparently, who than murdered teh natives stole there land and dehumaised them
Was it not teh white man tah came to australia, they managed to wipe out a whole population of Tasmanian aborigines.

White men dont impress me and I am of british decent apparenty i think form africa. Racisim is white mans greatest folly, and yes political correctnes is making evil good.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
They have their problems but they are excepted!
ha ya, they're excepted alright; the state of Israel has a huge apartheid problem, not so hidden, reflected in other social issues, a huge rape problem, and i mean Jewish men raping Jewish women, and class divisions even more distinct than here. A big mess.

On the flip side, they all eat real food, even the quickie marts sell squishies made from real fruit, and like 50 kinds of nuts at the counter, etc. Junk food is much less evident, and moves a lot slower, mostly to tourists i guess. And you can get Cubans :)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I recall correctly was Abraham not from Ur in Iran? Thus by today's definition an Arab? God didn't choose the Jews, they became a people under God, who were later termed as Jews. The Hebrews they are referred to in Moses' time ( at least in our English translations ) There were splits in Israel, into Judah, Samaria etc. In Abraham's son Isaac, we are told that what we have today ( we are the free ) and after that I think God called the nation Israel. I could be wrong, I'm no Bible Scholar.

We are told Abram was from Ur of the Chaldees. (Gen. 11:31) And we are told that he was Syrian. (Gen. 24:4, 25:20, 26:5)

From Abraham would come the nation Israel, through Isaac, (Gen.17:19) and another people through Ishmael. (Gen. 21:13)

This nation of Israel was to be separate from all other peoples. They were the people of God on earth. God wanted them divided then and He still wants it today. This is why, I believe, there is always anti-semitism among the Gentiles. It keeps Israel separate even though they are in a time of rebellion against God.

My point is that these people are a distinct people that God created and chose. And He wants them separate from all others. All the people of the world at this time came from Noah's sons, Ham, Shem, and Japheth. And immediately after the flood God begin dividing. He divided the nations of people. (Gen. 10:32) He divide the earth. (Gen. 10:25) He divided all people by languages. (Gen. 11:1-9)

Note how all these things were for the purpose of keeping man divided. And this is the purpose of the different races, to divide man. God is all about dividing fallen man. Because when fallen man is united, wickedness multiplies. Note also, how man is all about uniting. Man is all about breaking down those barriers that God set in place to curb wickedness. Thus to ignore race, as though it shouldn't exist, as though it is wrong, is going against God.

But as you can see, to say that in our day, makes one a 'racist'. Full of hate. etc. etc.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But as you can see, to say that in our day, makes one a 'racist'. Full of hate. etc. etc.
just tryna protec muh way of life
qworQ4y.jpg

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a book by Douglas Wilson, "Black and Tan", which you may like. Amazon has it; used costs about $10.00. I read it online but don't know where I found it.

I will check it out. Thanks. A good book you may enjoy also is "When in the Course of Human Events" by Charles Adams.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The world is succumbing to the activities of men and women who would stake the future of our species on beliefs that should not survive an elementary school education.
~ Sam Harris

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Recognizing our tendency to be tribal is the first step. We need to stop feeling guilt and shame about it because it leads to hiding and ignoring the problem. Instead of being angry when it is pointed out, we can listen to feedback and change our behavior. We should be talking about our history of racism and learning different ways to interact with each other.

One thing we do know, based on research, is that the older we get, the more we want to be with our own race/culture (this applies to all people) because older people like predictability - so we need to start changing attitudes early in life. By the time we get older and seek to be around people who share our values/race/culture we will hopefully remain respectful and loving towards people of other cultures.

Racism like poverty will always be with us, which is why we need to be aware of it and actively work against it.

this comes close to my way of thinking - so
lest we forget - not just President Trump but God stated that Racism was common to all races and mankind in general - so what are we going to do to cure this malady - are we going to force and kill one another and make us love one another - lets start by recognising and accepting that it is very difficult if not impossible to like or love something or someone that one does not like or love for to do so is to live a lie - the universal problem appears to be and has been "you are not one of us - you just don't fit - get out of our country"- we don't like you" etc - not just one was killed as in Charlestolleville/Virginia but thousands in the partition of India - so the more the migrants the greater the problem it seems - so why is the UN not placing them where they would be safe and welcome or in uninhabited places around the world and make the desolate places and deserts bloom again and here they could really be a united nation/nations - imho - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this comes close to my way of thinking - so
lest we forget - not just President Trump but God stated that Racism was common to all races and mankind in general - so what are we going to do to cure this malady - are we going to force and kill one another and make us love one another - lets start by recognising and accepting that it is very difficult if not impossible to like or love something or someone that one does not like or love for to do so is to live a lie - the universal problem appears to be and has been "you are not one of us - you just don't fit - get out of our country"- we don't like you" etc - not just one was killed as in Charlestolleville/Virginia but thousands in the partition of India - so the more the migrants the greater the problem it seems - so why is the UN not placing them where they would be safe and welcome or in uninhabited places around the world and make the desolate places and deserts bloom again and here they could really be a united nation/nations - imho - twinc
And where other than in the arms of God is such a "safe and welcome... uninhabited" place in this world, Twinc? When the Jews were fleeing the persecution of the Nazi's in Europe very few nations were willing to receive them... One of the greatest offenders was the United States. This happened while millions were being persecuted and killed. There's a lot of room in Antarctica, but not very safe place for the unprepared is it? At least few would oppose the settlement of the undesirables there... except maybe the undesirables themselves.

This is similar to the body of each man who has little or no room for God. God loves all people, but few are willing to make room for Him in their hearts.

Reactions: Pisteuo

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
And where other than in the arms of God is such a "safe and welcome... uninhabited" place in this world, Twinc? When the Jews were fleeing the persecution of the Nazi's in Europe very few nations were willing to receive them... One of the greatest offenders was the United States. This happened while millions were being persecuted and killed. There's a lot of room in Antarctica, but not very safe place for the unprepared is it? At least few would oppose the settlement of the undesirables there... except maybe the undesirables themselves.

This is similar to the body of each man who has little or no room for God. God loves all people, but few are willing to make room for Him in their hearts.

exactly so - you have proved my point of not one of us/don't fit etc - the UN should have shelter, jobs etc for migrants especially illegal migrants to do, with money provided by members of the UN - Would keep anybody busy working to make the deserts and desolate places bloom again and provide homes etc - consider this seriously and it is a mistake to think and wrongly interpret that Jesus said "love one another" when in fact He said "love one another as I have loved you" which is a totally different kettle of fish He even referred to the Samaritans as dogs and some Jews as a brood of vipers - twinc