random thoughts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Random thought: Is there reptile like humans on other planets. I know humans resemble monkeys, but what about humanoid other species? And will I meet them someday? And what about bear and lion humanoids?

Last edited:

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Random thought: Is there reptile like humans on other planets. I know humans resemble monkeys, but what about humanoid other species? And will I meet them someday? And what about bear and lion humanoids?
This is intetesting. I'm interested in space and it seems like a lot of people I've watched content from expect or at least discuss the idea of life on other planets.

I think some of this could be wishful thinking but a common argument I've seen is essentially "given how many planets are in the universe, there must be life elsewhere".

Let's say there are 1 trillion (1,000,000,000,000) galaxies in the universe, with a rough and likely very generous average of 200 billion stars (200,000,000,000), with an average of 10 planets, then we'd have a total of 2 trillion trillion (2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) planets total in the universe. (These are extremely rough estimates made by me, who is the furthest thing from an expert).

I believe the Milky Way is estimated to have 100 to 400 billion stars, so we'll split the difference at 250 billion stars, and about 2.5 trillion planets. If scientists estimate 6 billion Earth-like planets in the Milky Way, 0.24% of its planets are Earth-like and could have life (Earth-like in this situation means rocky planets that are about the size of Earth, at a distance away from a G-type star where they could have liquid water)

So of that 2 trillion trillion total planets in the universe, 4.8 billion trillion are Earth-like (Earth has other aspects that are conducive to life like Jupiter possibly protecting from astroids and the moon helping with plate tectonics too but I'm not factoring that in). So I guess a lot of people believe the odds of life starting on a planet are as likely or more likely than 2 in 4.8 billion trillion.

I don't believe humanity will ever encounter aliens because:
1. I believe God created the big bang, Earth, life, and put life on Earth only. I don't believe life can randomly form from non-life by chance in nature (without God).
2. We've never gotten any contact from an alien civilization. There's been a few anomalies (wow signal, etc.) but of all the purposeful and accidental messages we sent out we've never heard back (although this could ve related to the distance). We've also never heard accidental signals from other planets like the ones we send out.
3. Most of these planets are so far away we'll never be able to have any contact with them. As far as I know the only galaxies we can ever realistically interact with are our own, Andromeda, Triangulum, and some other smaller ones close to us. So of those 3 major galaxies its more like 1,290,000,000,000 stars, and about 30 billion Earth-like planets (I'm don't know how many to add for the smaller galaxies in the local group) that we could ever communicate with, rather than the 4.8 billion trillion I mentioned before.

I realize this is now completely irrelevant from the original quote but hey, the thread is called random thoughts lol

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Fifteen Eighteen, r u only fifteen to eighteen yrs of age? Or did you derive at this # from something else?
Haha no I got my name from John 15:18:
18 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first.

I hope my responses don't make it sound like I'm 15 to 18 years old lol

Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha no I got my name from John 15:18:
18 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first.

I hope my responese don't make it sound like I'm 15 to 18 years old lol
I thought you were really young when I saw your username but you sounded older in your response; however, there can probably be some really mature 15 to 18 yr olds, lol
r u 23? sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want to

Reactions: Chains Broken

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you like to watch hockey? Why did you choose that avatar there?

Yeah I do like hockey, my profile picture is a baseball player Blake Treinen, I like him because he spoke out against his team (the Dodgers) when they invited a group who hates and mocks Christianity to be honored at Dodger Stadium. And yes, I'm 23. Maybe I should've worded my username differently lol

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah I do like hockey, my profile picture is a baseball player Blake Treinen, I like him because he spoke out against his team (the Dodgers) when they invited a group who hates and mocks Christianity to be honored at Dodger Stadium. And yes, I'm 23. Maybe I should've worded my username differently lol
Oh yeah, after I wrote, hockey, I thought, perhaps it's baseball, lol. That's nice that you have a fan that you like and who is likeable. Oh my gosh, you're so young, you were born in 2000! but you sound like the mature ones of your age. you can change your username to Jn 15:18 if you'd like, to clear up the missing scripture reference and any misunderstanding, lol.

Last edited:

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah, after I wrote, hockey, I thought, perhaps it's baseball, lol. That's nice that you have a fan that you like and who is likeable. Oh my gosh, you're so young, you were born in 2000! but you sound like the mature ones of your age. you can change your username to Jn 15:18 if you'd like, to clear up the missing scripture reference and any misunderstanding, lol.
Yeah, I wish more people my age followed the Lord but it's unfortunately a sad state of affairs. I was thinking of making my name Chainbraker once I can change it, Idk if you've heard that song by Zach Williams but I like that one. And thank you!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, I wish more people my age followed the Lord but it's unfortunately a sad state of affairs. I was thinking of making my name Chainbraker once I can change it, Idk if you've heard that song by Zach Williams but I like that one. And thank you!
Do you attend a church? Maybe there will have a Teen Ministry and Youth/Young Adult Ministry of Christians but it's harder to find or know if someone is a Christian otherwise. I think on two other Christian forums there are Christians of more variety of ages but I like this forum. I haven't heard of that song until now on YouTube but that's a good name by the way.

Last edited:

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you attend a church? Maybe there will have a Teen Ministry and Youth/Young Adult Ministry of Christians but it's harder to find or know if someone is a Christian otherwise. I think on two other Christian forums there are Christians of more variety of ages but I like this forum. I haven't heard of that song until now on YouTube but that's a good name by the way.
I do, my church has some young adult events, I think I've gone once but its during the week which is tough for me. Once I move I think I'll try it at my new church

Reactions: thelord's_pearl