Rapture(Catching up) will be the Greatest day ever in a Born Agin Believers Life!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Regardless, what BOL said was correct.
Not if you take your Bible seriously. The passages regarding the Resurrection/Rapture are all there, and it is completely false and misleading to say that this happens "at the end of time". There are a huge number of events that occur between the Rapture and the New Heavens and the New Earth (which is precisely the end of time, since all the heavenly bodies will be taken away and "time shall be no more"). Also the first and second resurrections are two separate events, which are treated as one event since there is absolutely no clear teaching on these subjects.

Let's face it. The RCC is mistaken most of the time about most of the Bible. And that is amazing for a church which claims to be the true church of Christ. And that is why there was a Reformation (which did not go far enough, therefore Protestants are still carrying Catholic baggage with Amillennialism and other false eschatological ideas).

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if you take your Bible seriously. The passages regarding the Resurrection/Rapture are all there, and it is completely false and misleading to say that this happens "at the end of time". There are a huge number of events that occur between the Rapture and the New Heavens and the New Earth (which is precisely the end of time, since all the heavenly bodies will be taken away and "time shall be no more"). Also the first and second resurrections are two separate events, which are treated as one event since there is absolutely no clear teaching on these subjects.

Let's face it. The RCC is mistaken most of the time about most of the Bible. And that is amazing for a church which claims to be the true church of Christ. And that is why there was a Reformation (which did not go far enough, therefore Protestants are still carrying Catholic baggage with Amillennialism and other false eschatological ideas).

Enoch, not according to Ellen G White.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enoch, not according to Ellen G White.
Who is worshiping at her shrine? Is there a reliquary* we have not heard about? :cool:

Definition of reliquary
a container or shrine in which sacred relics are kept

B

brakelite

I agree with most of the above, particularly the second paragraph. I would include in that baggage Sunday sacredness and the trinity. BUt that's another discussion altogether. except where the two resurrections are concerned. We view the second resurrection...the resurrection of the wicked or resurrection to damnation, as taking place at the end of the millennium...a literal 1000 years BTW.
oh, and I take my Bible very seriously. My view is that there is some stuff yet to go down to the second coming, but the rise of the antichrist is progressing as we speak (in the Papal rise to political influence world-wide) and the image of the Papacy, an apostate church /state union in the US, is also on the verge of appearing it seems. The timing of the culmination of these things cannot be far away...we see no evidence of a "seven year" tribulation ushering in the last days...we are in them now. The final tribulation (which we call Jacob's trouble) precedes the last plagues which we think will be global in effect and taking only a short space of time...we will however be witnesses to their destruction and the justice of their effect. No-one survives except those who are protected and at the conclusion, or perhaps immediately previous to the hail, removed from the scene and taken to heaven to reign with Christ...judge angels...ask our questions...partake of the marriage supper...while the earth enjoys her 7 1000th year Sabbath.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree with most of the above, particularly the second paragraph. I would include in that baggage Sunday sacredness and the trinity. BUt that's another discussion altogether. except where the two resurrections are concerned. We view the second resurrection...the resurrection of the wicked or resurrection to damnation, as taking place at the end of the millennium...a literal 1000 years BTW.
oh, and I take my Bible very seriously. My view is that there is some stuff yet to go down to the second coming, but the rise of the antichrist is progressing as we speak (in the Papal rise to political influence world-wide) and the image of the Papacy, an apostate church /state union in the US, is also on the verge of appearing it seems. The timing of the culmination of these things cannot be far away...we see no evidence of a "seven year" tribulation ushering in the last days...we are in them now. The final tribulation (which we call Jacob's trouble) precedes the last plagues which we think will be global in effect and taking only a short space of time...we will however be witnesses to their destruction and the justice of their effect. No-one survives except those who are protected and at the conclusion, or perhaps immediately previous to the hail, removed from the scene and taken to heaven to reign with Christ...judge angels...ask our questions...partake of the marriage supper...while the earth enjoys her 7 1000th year Sabbath.
With Revelation 22 we can say, 'Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.'

B

brakelite

@Enoch111 @CoreIssue Reliquary??? Is there something you guys are trying to obliquely tell me I know nothing about? mary_worship.jpg THis is not EGW and these are not Adventists. LOL

B

brakelite

I think he is referring to: "Absent from the body"; 'present with the Lord".

(But I can't speak for @Enoch111 .)
That is a very oblique statement to base an entire doctrine on, particularly when it doesn't harmonise with texts that do explicitly address the subject.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is a very oblique statement to base an entire doctrine on, particularly when it doesn't harmonise with texts that do explicitly address the subject.
It means that the believer in the Lord Jesus goes straight to be with Him when passing from this life.

(You know, I think the Brexit business in the UK is almost like theologians arguing. Those who don't like the result of the referendum say it's unclear; those who won say it means, Out.)

B

brakelite

It means that the believer in the Lord Jesus goes straight to be with Him when passing from this life.

(You know, I think the Brexit business in the UK is almost like theologians arguing. Those who don't like the result of the referendum say it's unclear; those who won say it means, Out.)
To a point. There are other statements regarding the after life or state of the dead which are abundantly clear, but are completely ignored.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken said;
Noah and his Family were lifted up above the face of the earth.
All other people were left behind on the Earth to be drowned by Flood water.

Funny...you should have read Genesis.

Gen 7
[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

Gen 7
[23] And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

You should have paid attention;
Jesus is speaking of;

They...They...Them...being left behind on the earth, swept away in the flood waters, dead, not saved was all people, excluding Noah and his family who were Lifted up above the face of the earth and Saved from being swept away in the flood waters.

Gen 7
[13
] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

And Noah absolutely did know the flood waters were coming!

Gen 6
[17] And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth...

Glory to God,
Taken
A weak attempt at Scriptural acrobatics - and a complete FAIL.

Jesus makes adamantly clear WHO is being spoken of being "taken away" and "left behind".
And those "taken away" were taken away to JUDGMENT:

Matt. 24:37-39
As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man.

Noah and his family were LEFT BEHIND - and the wicked were "Taken away" to judgement.
And, as I schooled you earlier - in Luke 17:34-37 we see a similar comparison:

Luke 17:34-37
I tell you, on that night there will be two people in one bed; one will be taken, the other left.
And there will be two women grinding meal together; one will be taken, the other left.” They said to him in reply, “Where, Lord?”

Now - YOU
might answer this question by saying that the ones being “taken away” here are being “Raptured”.
HOWEVER Jesus tells the Apostles:

Luke 17:37
He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will gather.”

Does that sound like the "Rapture" to you?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not blindly following the Lords teaching....
Nor blindly following your pope as you do.

Hey, I don't know who Darby is, nor do I know all the names of the men you call "Father", that keep a stash of wine and break their vows to God by raping youthful boys.

If it was someone who was named Darby, Who began using the English term RAPTURE for Scriptures term "caught Up"...
Well good for him. He was spot on, because that IS what Rapture means.

If it is your hope to remain on Earth and be destroyed by the Earth....God Is Just ...We all shall get what we hope for.

Personally, I expect to be lifted up above the Earth, in a glorified body, with my saved soul, with my quickened spirit, with my Lord, and with all members of Christs Church....

While...the TRIBES of ISRAEL...who are scattered to the 4 corners of the earth; are hearing Christ preached to them, BY faithful JEWS, that they also will believe in Christ Jesus, and obtain martyrdom, salvation, quickening, be also lifted up ...off the face of the earth...and saved from Gods wrath, destruction and indignation He has prepared to pour out upon the face of the earth and the people left behind upon the face of the earth.

You don't seem to fit into Christs Church or the Tribes of Israel...to be lifted up off the face of the earth...so it looks like your hope will be effected and you will be left behind on the earth and become destroyed by the earth...
Just as happened in the days of Noah!

See...all around Good.
You and I will each get what we hoped for.
God is Faithful and Just!

Glory to thee Lord God Almighty,
Taken
History shows us that Darby invented your "Rapture" hoax.
It ALSO shows us that another charlatan by the name of C.I. Scofield with NO FORMAL EDUCATION in Theology promoted it here in the States. Scripture doesn't teach it and neither did ONE SINGLE Protestant Father- yet people like YOU blindly cling to this fairy tale.

What - the Word of God isn't good enough for you??
Talk about a desperate reach . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus makes adamantly clear WHO is being spoken of being "taken away" and "left behind".

As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man.

Noah and his family were LEFT BEHIND - and the wicked were "Taken away" to judgement.

I tell you, on that night there will be two people in one bed; one will be taken, the other left.
And there will be two women grinding meal together; one will be taken, the other left.” They said to him in reply, “Where, Lord?”

Now - YOU
might answer this question by saying that the ones being “taken away” here are being “Raptured”.

Eh you failed the elementary basics.
Nothing new.

B

brakelite

Now - YOU

BOL you and I have enough issues we debate over without me being picky, so sorry if I sound like I am being a little fussy, but can I make a slight readjustment to your statement concerning the wicked being taken away to judgement? May I suggest a more accurate statement may be "taken away to the execution of judgement" , that is to death. Like Jesus answered when asked, "where are they taken to Lord", and He answered, where the eagles are gathered together. This is very reminiscent of the passage in Revelation that says,
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
So at that time, the second coming, they are destroyed physically and their flesh eaten by the fowls of the air, then 1000 years later they are resurrected to face their final execution...the lake of fire where they are destroyed completely.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What - the Word of God isn't good enough for you??

Great for me...but then that is not news.

What's YOU and your Catholic clan gunna be doing on earth during the Tribulation...dodging locusts? Mourning when Jesus returns to Earth? Converting the Tribes of Israel? Drinking from Gods cup?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Spot on...

Ever notice how RAPTURE bashers never mention what THEY are going to be DOING during the Rapture?

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Enoch111

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe the first resurrection has already taken place. I'm curious as to when you believe this took place.

Resurrection has to do with the body.
Saints in heaven has to do with Saved souls, quickened spirits.

Bodies of men do not come from heaven or return to heaven.

God Bless,
Taken