1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rapture Ready For Partial Rapture?

Discussion in 'Eschatology & Prophecy Forum' started by Enow, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Waiting on him

Waiting on him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Do you believe @marks is not saved?

Luke 18:10 KJV
    [10] Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Tecarta Bible

2. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Romans 7 is Paul's description of those before Christ and the dilema and struggle they went through due to still having sin in their nature. It is all about sin. But keep reading. Romans 8:1-9 Note, Paul still uses the word "me."

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

"Condemned sin in the flesh" means he killed the desire to sin from our nature, making our natures born again of the Spirit. This is why Romans 6 says we are dead to sin. And 8:9 says we are NOT in the flesh (old nature) but in the Spirit.

3. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I teach those who believe false doctrine. It would be a miracle if they are saved. What we believe is what we do.

The false doctrines have to do with sin.

4. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I know marks and believe he is saved. He teaches one thing, but I know he practices righteousness. It is those who walk in darkness and claim to be saved that are not saved. 1 John 1:6

5. Keraz

Keraz Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    New Zealand
    Right: people who live under the One World Govt, ruled by the AC, will have to have the 'mark', in order to buy and sell.
    Christians will not have that 'mark', because we won't be members of the OWG. Our nation will be called Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5
    This is proved by how the AC comes to us soon after the Gog/Magog horde is wiped out by the Lord for attacking us. The AC negotiates a 7 year peace treaty. But he breaks it at the mid point and conquers the holy people, Zechariah 14:1-2 and declares himself to be god. 2 Thess 2:4 Proved in Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7.

We Christians will be divided into two groups, as Daniel 11:32-35 and Revelation 12:6-17 describe. The group who must remain will face persecution, as Revelation 12:17 says. Many will be beheaded and become the Tribulation martyrs. Revelation 6:11, 20:4
    The other group will be taken to and nurtured in a place of safety on earth, for that 1260 days before Jesus Returns. Revelation 6:14
    We will be gathered to Him at His Return, as Matthew 24:30-31 and 1 Thess 4:17 describe.

This scenario is what the Bible prophets tell us will happen. Any other theories or fables are false and can never happen. Sadly, as 2 Timothy 4:3-4 says; Many will follow their own ideas and will stop their ears to the truth and believe fables.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  6. n2thelight

n2thelight Well-Known Member

As long as one is in the flesh they will sin,no if's and's or buts.

7. stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm exceedingly tired of this whole saved/not saved nonsense. Its a sleeping pill.

Holy - abundantly saved.
    Righteous - scarcely saved
    Filthy - outer darkness forever
    Wicked - second death, lake of fire

Do you see there is a fate worse than death? Do you see the fate worse than death involves men who will live forever? The second death is not the worst fate. So is assuring men that they will not surely die the thing you want to keep teaching?

8. Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    really? I guess david, and abraham and moses where not true believers,

you need to learn some greek. John does not literally day a person no commited one sin sin has never met God, if he did, no one alive has met God,

Can a christian walk in darkness, of course he can, did the prodigal son walk in light? Of course not he left the light for what he thought was greener patches and found out how dark they are which led him back to christ.

What did John say, if we say we have FELLOWSHIP with him

fellowship is not salvation, it is speaking of our walk

you have not answered about John 1: 8-9. That is what I am discussing. John said if he said he has no sin we he decieved.
    You can not get past that statement

9. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    so grace was only offered in OT.
    so you think yur actions make yu worthy? Oh boy

10. Enow

Enow Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The apostle John in the Book of 1 John was addressing believers that believe sin was no longer sin to them where that they can commit sin and it was not sin that they had committed. That was why John said that verse about walking in the light.

Believers may commit sin for why 1 John 1:9 exists but John was pointing out that we are not to sin willfully, but if we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father in 1 John 2:1-2.

So the danger here is that believers were living in sin, thinking sin cease to be sin for the believers, but that is not the case when they need Jesus to forgive them of their sins and to destroy the world of the devil in their lives ( 1 John 3:8 ) so they can lean on Him to walk in the light as Jesus has done when He was on the earth in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

CharismaticLady likes this.
  11. Enow

Enow Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That does not explain the warning Jesus gives to believers to pray to escape because of the snare of surfeiting, drunkenness, and from being overcharged to the cares of this life when they would have to have the mark of the beast to do that sort of thing to even be tempted during the great tribulation. That warning can only apply in the times we are living now, brother. That is what you are overlooking in Luke 21:33-36

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Pray about it. So far the warning here is describing a time that we are living in now where we can be overcharged with the cares of this life and to be even tempted to surfeit and to get drunk by. The warning falls flat when you apply that to believers gong through the great tribulation.

12. Waiting on him

Waiting on him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You do realize the law wasn’t given to the Gentiles?

13. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You may know Greek but do you know about Semitic writing styles? John is using "contrasts" in 1 John 1 and 1 John 3. 1 John 3 is obvious, but you have to know this advanced theology to know what this author, a Jew, is meaning. 1 John 1 is contrasting of the light and of the darkness.

Verse 5 - God is light
    Verse 6 - walk in darkness
    Verse 7 - walk in the light
    Verse 8 - deceiving self (of need for Christ)
    Verse 9 - repentance (how to become a Christian)
    Verse 10- lying about God and that they have never sinned in their whole life since birth

14. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I agree for the most part, but see the context of the book as the infiltration of Gnosticism trying to take root, thus the verses regarding the spirit of antichrist and testing the spirits to see if they are of God.

John also shows in the 5th chapter that there are two types of sin, but they are still sin. Sins unto death (willful sins of lawlessness), and sins not unto death (unintentional trespasses not even known to us, and therefore we cannot repent). 1 John 2 about Jesus being our advocate, seeing as no repentance is mentioned, I do not believe He is our Advocate for willful sins unto death because they have "trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Heb. 10:29-31). Therefore, Jesus is our Advocate for the sins we know nothing about, but are still sins. This is why 1 John 1:7 shows someone walking in the light, but still Jesus is cleansing them of sin. What kind? Trespasses. But He still has a condition. Matthew 6:14-15. We must forgive others their trespasses against us.

15. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Sorry but you can agree this way if you desire

your mention of vs 8 is totally wrong. He is talking about being decieved that we are sinless

16. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Do you have power to not sin? Or are you still ruled by a carnal nature? I ask, because your scoffing tells me you cannot relate to the scriptures that tell us we are not in the old nature but in the Spirit, and become partakers of the divine nature. It is only our past sins that are taken away - why? Because we not have power.

17. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We are still sinners if we have never repented. But once we have we are cleansed of ALL SIN. If clean, are we still dirty? You cannot be a sinner and a child of God at the same time. Without holiness, no man shall see God.

You may have a long way to go to work out your own salvation. First step is being born again of the Spirit.

18. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Gentiles can be grafted into the same root as Israel. Therefore the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed Gentiles also of the law of sin that plagued their old nature since Adam. Do you know a Gentile can be born again of the Spirit?

19. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It seems you want to think you know what I am saying and not determine reality of what I am saying

do not accuse me of things

yes I believe in gods power. I also believe Paul in romans 7. I will not think I am better than paul

20. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Your a sinner saved by grace

If I have to work out
    My salvation to be saved I
    Am doomed as are you

marks and Waiting on him like this.