Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
yes ty
Any way you slice it, the arg does not even hold up logically then right
and this is further reinforced when we examine the other ways harpazo is translated, none of which are ever rapture in the Scriptural sense at all

but let's be honest, any debate was really over @ does not come by observation anyway

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and this is further reinforced when we examine the other ways harpazo is translated, none of which are ever rapture in the Scriptural sense at all

but let's be honest, any debate was really over @ does not come by observation anyway

Your first sentence is a lie. In the thirteen times that the word harpazo is used in the NT, four times are rendered as "caught up" (Philip is said to be "caught up" after his encounter with the Ethiopian eunuch and the Apostle Paul said that he was "caught up" to the Third Heaven (in addition to the Rev 12 and 1 Thess. passages cited previously.) In the other nine times, it is rendered as "taken forcibly," "abducted" or "plucked". Do you actually think you know what you are talking about or are you just trying to be a nuisance? Is English your first language?

Reactions: tzcho2

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Your first sentence is a lie. In the thirteen times that the word harpazo is used in the NT, four times are rendered as "caught up" (Philip is said to be "caught up" after his encounter with the Ethiopian eunuch and the Apostle Paul said that he was "caught up" to the Third Heaven (in addition to the Rev 12 and 1 Thess. passages cited previously.) In the other nine times, it is rendered as "taken forcibly," "abducted" or "plucked". Do you actually think you know what you are talking about or are you just trying to be a nuisance? Is English your first language?
um, do you see where you have disputed the point anywhere? Seems to me you are helping make it, sorry, so how are you possibly connecting harpazo with rapture again? You may have a point, and I am just missing it?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
um, do you see where you have disputed the point anywhere? Seems to me you are helping make it, sorry, so how are you possibly connecting harpazo with rapture again? You may have a point, and I am just missing it?

It is the CONCEPT that I'm talking about, not word choices. Harpazo is Greek for "caught up" or "taken by force" or "abducted" or "plucked" (as in "plucked out of His hand" (also translated as "snatched"). When the translators rendered it in Latin, it came out "rapturo" or "rapio" (from an antiquated French word). When it was translated to English, it was known colloquially as the "rapture" from the Latin rendering. Why can't you see the connection? You could call it the Harpazo and the meaning would still be the same--a "snatching away" an "abduction" or a "catching up."

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You would have to ask he mods. But take a close look at his posts.

Truthfully, I often have a hard time making heads or tails of them since they are so cryptic. I almost get the sense that he is an un-converted Jew. I have met a number of atheistic Jews who say some of the same kinds of things (as far as I can make out of bbryd's posts--which isn't always much).

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You forget that there is another people group who are "elect" (i.e. chosen) and that is Israel. Paul told us in Romans 11:26 that, eventually, "all Israel will be saved." God has dealt with the Church and Israel in two distinct ways.

My point was and still is ,nobody will be saved just because,although chosen they Israel can still fall away.Israel or nobody else will be saved without Christ

That's like saying,Israel no matter what they do will be saved,that's not correct

The only reason they were chosen is because of the fact, Christ would come through them.There are two trees and they can fall away, just like we can be grafted in.

Bottom line again,nobody will be saved just because!!!!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My point was and still is ,nobody will be saved just because,although chosen they Israel can still fall away.Israel or nobody else will be saved without Christ

That's like saying,Israel no matter what they do will be saved,that's not correct

The only reason they were chosen is because of the fact, Christ would come through them.There are two trees and they can fall away, just like we can be grafted in.

Bottom line again,nobody will be saved just because!!!!

You misunderstand--I never maintained that Israel could ever gain salvation without Christ.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truthfully, I often have a hard time making heads or tails of them since they are so cryptic. I almost get the sense that he is an un-converted Jew. I have met a number of atheistic Jews who say some of the same kinds of things (as far as I can make out of bbryd's posts--which isn't always much).
It's always amazing seeing someone very self-confident in their misrepresentation of scriptures & no interest in seeking truth, looks to me like he thinks he's schooling Christians.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the CONCEPT that I'm talking about, not word choices. Harpazo is Greek for "caught up" or "taken by force" or "abducted" or "plucked" (as in "plucked out of His hand" (also translated as "snatched"). When the translators rendered it in Latin, it came out "rapturo" or "rapio" (from an antiquated French word). When it was translated to English, it was known colloquially as the "rapture" from the Latin rendering. Why can't you see the connection? You could call it the Harpazo and the meaning would still be the same--a "snatching away" an "abduction" or a "catching up."
He doesn't care, it's been pointed out to him a dozen times. He has no idea about christian theology or exegesis , that is clear. Why he is on a Christian forum is unclear.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And why none of the harpazo roots are translated "rapture," but others are, in English I mean, your ostensible first language?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't feel bad. He doesn't know himself half the time what he is saying. He is muslim. He likes the brand 'christian' so he can talk on a Christian forum.

Stranger