Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
how many times have I posted that in the last year to no reply, I wonder. Gotta be a hundred by now? And I bet every one of them would insist that Bible is Word too. If you worship bread, to the extent that you would kill a starving man taking some to eat, does that make you more reverent of bread, or less?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that would be Immortal LC, not eternal

Immortal and eternal are general synonyms in our language but I get where you are going. "Eternal" life is a state of being blessed by God with a quality of living. Immortality is what we all will have in resurrection--whether it is a resurrection to eternal life or eternal death in the case of those who are condemned.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
another swing/miss wadr, sorry; you just want to be Immortal I guess, and I don't even blame you ok

We are cock-sure, I say, and even wish we were already dead and partying with Jesus...

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Immortal and eternal are general synonyms in our language but I get where you are going. "Eternal" life is a state of being blessed by God with a quality of living. Immortality is what we all will have in resurrection--whether it is a resurrection to eternal life or eternal death in the case of those who are condemned.
Do you recall what the pastor says when you are under the water, or as you are coming up from it, LC? In our "baptism" ritual?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The NLT clearly says they are dead.
that is not where my objection lies, but I am done for today I guess, have a good one. I'm afraid I would just end up hardening your heart today, and you seem quite good hearted to me

I will say that imo it is a small but significant point that keeps us from being christs
but then who needs that if they have so much confidence in death more abundantly I guess huh

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Look at it this way: the course of human history culminates in the fact that wrath on earth is coming, but the church - not the object of God's wrath - is taken out of the world. Matthew 24 seems to speak of a unique, future event on earth.
yes, exactly! The moment our souls choose to leave the world! Huzzah!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Look at it this way: the course of human history is a perception that has included Ragnarok since forever, and even the Apostles when approaching Jerusalem with Christ plainly exhibited "anywhere but here," and that they did not understand the nature of the kingdom. Dont be too sure about human perceptions is all I'm saying, ok, especially when Reading a Book that is smarter than you are and knows and anticipates how you will approach It.

You could at least entertain as a theory the possibility that Armageddon is in there bc you need Armageddon, or iow we reason via the Hegelian dialectic bc in our minds it doesn't even occur to us that it is possible to reason any other way.

Contemplate the irony of the most privileged ppl on the planet, in all of history, living in a like a virtual magic-world, face-time with someone on the other side of the planet free in two clicks, lol, all blithely expecting Ragnarok. Dint you guys read Henny Penny? Don't be deceived ok. Leave the world

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Go find someone pressed down, shaken together, and running over and see if they are talking about ragnarok

I guess you could ask them where to find rapture in the Bible too

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Go find someone pressed down, shaken together, and running over and see if they are talking about ragnarok

I guess you could ask them where to find rapture in the Bible too

I'm surprised you don't know this, bbyrd. The word in Greek for "caught up" is harpazo which I assure you is there every time the English expression, "caught up" is used in the New Testament, such as when the child of the woman in Rev. 12, is "caught up to heaven" or the 1 Thessalonians 4:17 quote that we who remain alive will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air. When the Bible was translated from Greek to Latin, the Latin word rapturo was selected as a substitute for the Greek harpazo. Thus, "rapture" in English.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm surprised you don't know this, bbyrd. The word in Greek for "caught up" is harpazo which I assure you is there every time the English expression, "caught up" is used in the New Testament, such as when the child of the woman in Rev. 12, is "caught up to heaven" or the 1 Thessalonians 4:17 quote that we who remain alive will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air. When the Bible was translated from Greek to Latin, the Latin word rapturo was selected as a substitute for the Greek harpazo. Thus, "rapture" in English.
Yet Bible Search: Rapture

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that at some point in the future some few there are who found it--which would be like 800 ppl in the US right, 2 in a million--might not literally see Jesus coming in the clouds with their two eyes and supernaturally rise up into the literal air ok, bc I don't know, and everything I say is a lie. But I know the Bible says Galileans, why do you stand there looking up into the sky?

which btw the root there can be contrasted with where Christ is said to come, in the clouds, for some interesting insights. Too painful to assemble on this postage stamp tho lol

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Different Greek word: ekistemi used in the NT (not harpazo or any of its cognates). In the LXX, also different words in Greek, sometimes, the word for "ecstasy" and other times the word for "intoxicated" (such as in the examples from the Psalms). Hapazo has more the sense of being "snatched away"--used in speaking of being taken.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Different Greek word: ekistemi used in the NT (not harpazo or any of its cognates). In the LXX, also different words in Greek, sometimes, the word for "ecstasy" and other times the word for "intoxicated" (such as in the examples from the Psalms). Hapazo has more the sense of being "snatched away"--used in speaking of being taken.
yes ty
Any way you slice it, the arg does not even hold up logically then right

Last edited: