Rapture, Will There Be One?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
See where we are going. I believe that it implies the Trinity or Godhead but if we are going to be sticklers about whether the word is actually there then where can we go with our conversation? The word rapture is not in the Bible but just as Godhead is implied in this verse I believe the word rapture is implied in verses as well. John was "caught up", Paul was "caught up", and Peter was "caught up" to Heaven for revelation from God. The 2 witnesses are "caught up" after they are resurrected. Where were these people caught up to? It was Heaven.

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
The mistake of 1 Thes. is not about the rapture. The mistake in 1 Thes. that Paul corrects in 2 Thes. is the fact that some were saying that Christ's return had already taken place.2 Thes. 2:1-2Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.Do you see that he is not correcting a rapture theology but he is correcting a false teaching that said that Christ had already returned? Put yourself in their shoes if someone told you that Christ had already returned and you missed it wouldn't you be troubled. Paul was encouraging them and telling them that Christ had not returned yet! They would see these things or signs of the times just before Christ's return.Paul didn't make the mistake, the false teachers who were perverting the true meaning of the scripture made the mistake.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
The word Godhead is in the bible three times. Indeed that Paul was correcting them, because they indeed misunderstood him. And people says that the "Rapture" Christ will take us up before tribulation...is a FALSE DOCTRINE. The antiChrist is coming on the sixth trumpet. The Lord is seventh.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.P.S. Thank you Kriss and you are welcome Kriss.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are reading it wrong the subject is the gathering together They were quite aware Christ hadnt yet returned I dont no where you get this.II Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,"Paul is now getting to the purpose for this second letter. Paul reminded them of his first letter to them, of Christ returning and our gathering back to Him. Because of the misunderstanding that could be drawn from the first letter, he writes the following. It's important in this final generation that we pay attention for this will happen during our life time. The subject again of this letter is; "our gathering back to Christ".II Thessalonians 2:2 "That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is [the Lord is just] at hand."Paul doesn't want you to misunderstand what he is about to say. This is why he makes it plain and simple; Paul told them not to confuse what he is saying here with any other teaching, or spirit, or even that first letter from him. This is because there was a confusing part in the first letter where false teachers had crept in and twisted Paul's words. The prime example of this today is the twisting of that first letter by the "rapture theorist", to form the trap that has been set for Christians in this final generation. Paul is saying, don't let anyone trouble you [confuse you], and tell you that the "day of Christ" is at hand. The "day of Christ [the Lord]" is the day when Jesus Christ will return to earth, and gather His saints to Him. This gathering will happen at the sounding of the seventh trumpet. This is one of those tradition's of men [false doctrines] that can deceive you.

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
I agree the word Godhead is in the Bible 3 times but its not in the verse you listed 1 John and I never said show me the word Godhead in the Bible I said show me the word Trinity in the Bible.Rev.6:16-17 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”1 Thes 5:99 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, So God doesn't want us suffer wrath and the events in Revelation is the wrath of the Lamb then how do you explain us having to endure these wrathful judgments? If you're correct in your doctrine and I'm wrong in mine. It looks like if the church was gone then both verses could be true but if we are here then God does want us to suffer wrath.Also, there are different beliefs when it comes to the rapture. Post-trib, Mid-trib, Pre-trib. If you believe Christ comes back at all you believe in some sort of rapture theology.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Sean A.)
I said show me the word Trinity in the Bible.
I told you Sean, the word trinity is not in the bible. The Father is God, The Word is God (as Yahshua indeed claims to be) and the Holy Ghost is God. These three are one God. We do believe Christ will come back...but not before Lucy comes...denying that the "Rapture" exists. That's why people like to call it the Trnity cause "The Father" "the Word" "Holy Ghost" are appeared numerous times in scriptures...not in just that one.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You wont suffer his wrath if you believe in Christ and do not follow anti christ that why believing in Pre-Mid term rapture is so dangerous because you dont learn what to watch for ther is only one time we are "All" changed in the twinkling of an eye.1 Corinthians 15:52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
Did they really know that Christ hadn't returned?? They didn't have Revelation to read!You keep saying the 7th trumpet. It's not the 7th trumpet that 1 Thes. is referring. It is the trumpet of God. There is a difference. 1 Thes.4:1616 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
"You wont suffer his wrath if you believe in Christ and do not follow anti christ"That's not what Revelation states! I posted the verse eariler but I'll post it again.Rev.13:1515 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.This says you will be killed if you go against the beast. How is this being protected?

Jesus Is Real

Apr 8, 2007
Jesus Christ came to save us from His Own Father's Wrath, indeed, if we truly suffer His reproach and die to our own flesh nature (pride etc.).

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did they really know that Christ hadn't returned?? They didn't have Revelation to read!
No, but they had the Scriptures to read. They certainly had Daniel amongst others including both Epistles to the Thessalonians.
You keep saying the 7th trumpet. It's not the 7th trumpet that 1 Thes. is referring. It is the trumpet of God. There is a difference.
Really? Scripture says otherwise! Revelation 10:7But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets. Then, of course, the actual seventh trump: Revelation 11:15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. That is God's trump, my friend! Let's not leave any doubt, though: Revelation 11:16-19And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. I Corinthians 15:51In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. There are 7 trumps in Revelation. The 7th trump is God's trump as I have proven above. I Thessalonians 4:16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: All three talk about the dead because all three are the same trump. Notice that Christ ascends with a shout, not in some secret rapture. This magical and extrabiblical trump doesn't exist. There are seven trumps and the final one is described by all the verses above because this is where God fulfils what he has told us. I don't like to call names, but what you have said below is a pure lie:
That's not what Revelation states!
Revelation 14:9-10And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: God's wrath is not for a true Christian, as Jesus is Real has said. Christ made sure of that for us, all we have to do is believe on him. Why would He be angry with you? His wrath is for those that go awhoring after the fakes and false idols. Luke 21:18But there shall not an hair of your head perish. Seems like a useless statement if we're going to be magically flown away, wouldn't you agree? What's the verse? Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. God doesn't need to rapture me out of here before it gets a little warm. There's nothing Satan aka. the Antichrist can do to me that my Father cannot dwarf in his righteous wrath.

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
Where do we go from here? You think I'm wrong I think you're wrong. So on and so on. It never will end until the end. If I'm right will you be disappointed that you got RAPTURED? If you are right then don't worry I'll have enough provisions to make it through.To me it doesn't matter how you go, it matters if you are ready to go!I just get a little ill when I give you just as much scripture as you give me but yet I'm going to always be wrong and you are always going to be right (In your mind any way). I'm a liar and crazy so far on just this one topic. See I could start quoting the verses about discernment and sound doctrine and itching ears because usually thats what it comes down to in the end. These verses are like the ace in the hole but I don't want it to get to that point.I have my talking points and you have yours (verses that make us believe what we believe). I do have a question since you will be here with your family and you can't buy or sell or trade unless you have the mark and your family is starving to death what are you doing to do? Even worse what if they come to kill you and your family because you didn't take the mark and they start torturing your son or daughter in front of your very eyes. These godless people could and will do just about anything to your family and you are just going to set there and take it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Your scripture? Ive seen none that hasn't been easily disproved that even a child could see it much less someone you supposed to know scripture. I might ask you what you are going to do when Antichrist (Satan) comes claiming to be Christ that's going to rapture you away soon. He will be so convincing, cause such a great delusion that if God did not shorten the time even the very elect would be fooled. So what rock are you going to wish would fall upon you because of your shame when the real Christ comes and you realize you been listening to a fake

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have a question since you will be here with your family and you can't buy or sell or trade unless you have the mark and your family is starving to death what are you doing to do?
God will provide. He provided manna in the wilderness. He provide salvation. He provided for Israel, the prophets, the patriarchs, the disciples, the apostles and so on. Hebrews 13:5-6Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
Kriss, I would expect nothing less from you! Are you and SwampFox the only ones on this site? Looks like you have run everyone off that doesn't see it "your way" and you can add me to the list. I'm not the only one that believes in the rapture but it seems I'm the only one on here. I thought that was strange but didn't figure it out until now.I hope it all works out for you guys and gals. God bless!

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Those who know the truth do not fear Satan.. He fears us for we have the power of the Holy Spirit and if we are here during satans time on earth..it will be to speak against him and allow the Holy Spirit to speak through us.. have you ever heard the speach by President Roosevelt:" The thing we have to fear is fear itself?" We when God prepares you; seals His truth in you forehead; you work for Him and do His will; and He is able to prepare you for any thing.. What has your belief prepared you for? To accept the next entity who comes doing supernatural miracles and claiming to be christ... the instead of christ... the false christ.. you are looking for him at the wrong time and in the wrong order...and unfortunately you have also believed the press about satan and when he comes >Revelation 13:11 "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon." those who don't know the true Word and what it says will only see the lamb and not hear the dragon...it says alsoRevelation 13:7 "And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nation."Revelation 13:8 "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."Do you even know when the foundations were? If you don't you probably are not wriitten in the book.. for if you do not know the true Christ , and the true Word and when he will come you will be of the false christ...for you are all set up for him...There is time... you can study the truth and get prepared too.. but you must really study the true Word not the faliacies of mens traditions...I am praying you will make a good decision..that is the reason most of us are here.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
gosh there are 700 here now all hand picked,lol... Sean you need to stick around and get some knowledge. We really would like you to ...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Sean A.;10606I just get a little ill when I give you just as much scripture as you give me but yet I'm going to always be wrong and you are always going to be right (In your mind any way). I'm a liar and crazy so far on just this one topic. [/QUOTE said:
I question your scripture because you have given us nothing 1 misread scripture, 1 mistake scripture that Paul corrects, 1 fantasy trumph that Swampfox showed you doesnt exist, and 1 scripture that the angel was talking to John not the church so is out of context. So what scripture did you present? And where were you called a liar and or crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.