Readiness Of Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. - 2 Corinthians 10:4-6.

As a born again Christian how do they become more godly. What would possess you to act in a way that you present yourself more godly. That will come from self - mind and expressing what you understand. You see any way you live is going to come from understanding - understanding is what you know, and in the case of a born again Christian that reads their bible they are going to understand there is a certain lifestyle that is to be lived based on who I am. Now dividing soul and spirit is so very important to a believer because they can live their life (Christ) as they are expressing what they understand.

Example; when I hold a conversation I should have in mind (readiness of mind for expression) my life is Christ' and it is him that is coming out of me at that very moment because you don't have to work this up it just is and it is spontaneous as you are. I understand that is not really how we think all the time - I know I certainly don't - but that is what is written and I see that and can have that in readiness of mind expression in all instance's.

Example; You get cut off in traffic - that's always a fun one because most of us (humanity) rage over getting cut off in traffic. What is in readiness of mind mean - in a split second I will have a choice to react in a bad way or I can grab myself and say that is not who you are anymore. Trying to explain how we live Christ' is not easy because he lives as your creation. Some people have no desire to react in that situation and others want to pull over and start a fist acuff get out the hand grenades and rocket launchers in the middle of the road and settle this right now. So we are all created different. You ever see those that are ever so delicate and can handle any situation that is thrown at them. I have a sister that I don't think I have ever seen her mad - that makes me mad :) but she was like that before she was born again. That is just her creation and I'm a little different - well alot.

So in my thinking that is the way I would want to allow Christ' to live through me but that is not how it works because you are you and it has to happen through you as a born again Christian.

So that is why it is written that everything comes out of understanding - bind it about the neck scripture says. The gospel will be based on understanding. Now there is conviction and I believe that is the way we come to the Lord based on old fashion conviction. You are convicted by the preaching of the word and the Holyspirit makes it known to you that you need this savior and that drawing - whooing of the Spirit to convict the world. So more godly in soul is something that is learned - godly in spirit is something that is in you the moment you believed. So to say 'oh their not godly - you must define whether you are talking about expression (which is soulish) or spirit (where the birth took place and you are joined to the Lord and complete never to get anymore godly than happened at birth in spirit).

Why do we proclaim as it is written you must separate soul and spirit? Why do we try to hammer that point down. Because it is the answer to rightly dividing the word of God. You can properly read your bible when you are able to do what scripture says because there is a reason scripture is written like it reads. The scriptures are not just good suggestions - they are absolutes and must be followed as written. When it says to do something you should do it because you will not know the next step without following scripture as written for you to follow.

Ok that's Christianity 101; in starting right - you must start right in scripture to end right in scripture and I'm here just as a friendly reminder because we are all in this together and I care for the body of Christ. The Christ we preach has a body and we want it healthy wealthy and wise as the old saying goes. Bless you as we learn Christ' in you life expression.

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. - Acts 17:11.

Last edited: