Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
The Hebrew Tanakh are the scriptures that prophesied Yeshua HaMoshiakh...
351 Old Testament Prophecies Jesus fulfilled
Bs"d

One of the first OT prophecies fulfilled by JC they bring there is the following:

Gen. 5:24....The bodily ascension to heaven illustrated....Mk. 6:19

Look what is written in Genesis 5:24: "Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.” Yes, this is correct. This is quoted by the truth loving, straight forward, honest Baptist preachers, as a messianic prophecy that is supposed to prove that JC was the messiah. Now you might start to understand why there are millions and millions of people who do believe in the Hebrew Bible, but who don’t believe that JC was the messiah. When you have to quote verses as these in order to “prove” that JC was the messiah, then that is a very strong proof that there is something terribly wrong with your theology.

You really believe that is a messianic prophecy??

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought an excellent topic for Apologetics is how to counter the reason the Jews reject Jesus. Form SIX REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS:
Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.​
Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.​
Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.​
Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.​
Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.​
Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.​
I believe a bridge to fellowship begins by saying we can understand how they can look at it this way. However, there is another sense in which the story of Jesus qualifies as the true Jewish Messiah. Thoughts?

Okay, here's how we know it was Jesus. You don't start with someone else's belief system when you're talking to converts. You start with yours, even if they are Jews. Why? Because their beliefs are wrong and based on all the wrong things, so your goal isn't to prove theirs wrong, your job is to prove yours right...

If Jesus is not the Messiah, then the Messiah will never come. Period.

That is how specific the prophecies concerning the Messiah were.

Do you know how I can say that? The Messiah was prophesied to come during the time of the second Temple.

The second Temple was destroyed in 70 AD.

So either we are right, and Jesus is who He claimed to be, or there's no Messiah coming.

Jews are actually pretty easy I would imagine, the thing preventing them I would think is a blindness upon them.

That blindness is total, it is a total blindness. You have to pray and pray and pray specifically for the unbeliever you're sharing the Gospel with.

Pray for the blindness to be lifted, and satan to have no influence over their thoughts so they can think clearly. Pray a hedge of protection around them.

Then you share the Gospel with them. And share with them your faith, don't argue theirs. Ours is the truth, and the truth is all we need to dispel every lie of Satan.

Reactions: Wrangler

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besiyata Dishmaya (Jewish Babylonian Aramaic: בְּסִיַּעְתָּא דִּשְׁמַיָּא, romanized: bəsiyyaʿtāʾ dišmayyāʾ) is a phrase meaning 'with the help of Heaven'. The acronym בס״ד (BS"D) has become a popular term among Orthodox Jews, reproduced at the top of every written document (beginnings of correspondences, letters, notes, etc.) as a reminder to them that all comes from God, including the following content, and to contextualize what is really important in the text—without God's help, nothing can be done successfully. This practice is not derived from any religious law of halakha, but it is considered an old accepted tradition.

Reactions: Matthias

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, here's how we know it was Jesus. You don't start with someone else's belief system when you're talking to converts. You start with yours, even if they are Jews. Why? Because their beliefs are wrong and based on all the wrong things, so your goal isn't to prove theirs wrong, your job is to prove yours right...

If Jesus is not the Messiah, then the Messiah will never come. Period.

That is how specific the prophecies concerning the Messiah were.

Do you know how I can say that? The Messiah was prophesied to come during the time of the second Temple.

The second Temple was destroyed in 70 AD.

So either we are right, and Jesus is who He claimed to be, or there's no Messiah coming.

Jews are actually pretty easy I would imagine, the thing preventing them I would think is a blindness upon them.

That blindness is total, it is a total blindness. You have to pray and pray and pray specifically for the unbeliever you're sharing the Gospel with.

Pray for the blindness to be lifted, and satan to have no influence over their thoughts so they can think clearly. Pray a hedge of protection around them.

Then you share the Gospel with them. And share with them your faith, don't argue theirs. Ours is the truth, and the truth is all we need to dispel every lie of Satan.
Good to see you here!

• Love
Reactions: Hazelelponi

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is that @Eliyahu613 doesn’t believe Isaiah is even speaking about the messiah in this passage. Bolding the text won’t cause him to change his mind. The text is speaking about Israel corporately being despised and rejected, is his argument.

In other words, ”He” isn’t the messiah. “He” is the people of Israel.
No? That wasn't the reason I bolded the text. It was more for showing him that what Isaiah said concerning Messiah when He was come in flesh? And how the scribes and pharasees, and priests reacted to Him then?
Hasn't changed since then.
You can't prove to the empirical mindset that which takes faith to prove!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No? That wasn't the reason I bolded the text. It was more for showing him that what Isaiah said concerning Messiah when He was come in flesh? And how the scribes and pharasees, and priests reacted to Him then?
Hasn't changed since then.
You can't prove to the empirical mindset that which takes faith to prove!

You’re showing him your / Christian interpretation of the text. He believes you have the actors wrong.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
The Hebrew Tanakh are the scriptures that prophesied Yeshua HaMoshiakh...
351 Old Testament Prophecies Jesus fulfilled
Bs"d

Another messianic prophecy from the 351 to prove that JC was the messiah:

Gen. 9:26,27...The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem...Lu. 3:36

Here it is, Noah is speaking here: “He also said, "Blessed by the LORD my God be Shem; and let Canaan be his slave. God enlarge Japheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave."

According to the Baptists, not only is this a messianic prophecy, but it also says that ‘The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem.’ Does anybody see anything like that in the text? An honest mistake of the honest Baptist? When you look at the frequency of these “honest mistakes”, that is a little hard to believe. A not so honest mistake maybe? Read on and draw your own conclusions.

https://www.newtestamentchristians....stament-prophecies-fulfilled-in-jesus-christ/
Furthermore I have gone toe to toe over Jeremiah 31:31-34 (Yirimyahu 31:30-33) citing the New Covenant with Judah and Israel that is entirely unlike the Old Covenant made at Mount Sinai. Establishing a distinction between Old Covenant Law and the New Covenant Law of Christ which the Apostle Paul refers to in 1 Corinthians 9:21.
Even the name "New Testament" is not correct: It points to the new covenant that G.d will make with the Jewish people. Paul claims that this is done through Jesus. Paul says in Hebrews 10:15-17; "Whereof the Holy Ghost is also a witness to us, for after he had said before: This is the covenant that I will make with them, after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My laws in their heart and in their minds will I write them. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." This is written in Jeremiah 31:31-34; "Behold, the days come saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah. Not according the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my covenant they broke, although I was as a husband to them, saith the LORD. But this shall be the covenant that I make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in there inward parts and write it in their hearts, and I will be there G.d, and they shall be my people. And they shall no more each man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know the LORD, for they shall all know me, from the least of them till the greatest, saith the LORD, for I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sins no more."

Are we now in the days that everybody knows about the LORD (Y-H-W-H)?----.That nobody has to teach his neighbor about G.d?

Obviously not!

So even the reference to the new covenant, the "New Testament", is not correct.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
The issue is that @Eliyahu613 doesn’t believe Isaiah is even speaking about the messiah in this passage. Bolding the text won’t cause him to change his mind. The text is speaking about Israel corporately being despised and rejected, is his argument.

In other words, ”He” isn’t the messiah. “He” is the people of Israel.
Bs"d

And I have a lot of Biblical proof that the suffering servant is Israel. Proof from Isaiah and the rest of the Tanach.

And it should be clear by now that there is no proof what so ever in Isaiah or the rest of the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah.

If somebody disagrees with this, let him bring the proof from the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

And I have a lot of Biblical proof that the suffering servant is Israel. Proof from Isaiah and the rest of the Tanach.

Is the messiah part of Israel?

And it should be clear by now that there is no proof what so ever in Isaiah or the rest of the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah.

If somebody disagrees with this, let him bring the proof from the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
You haven’t proved the NT witness is false. All you’ve done is rejected it.
Bs"d

I think this what I have posted before is a strong indication that the NT is a false witness. I'll post a link:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

I think this what I have posted before is a strong indication that the NT is a false witness. I'll post a link:

It doesn’t persuade Jews who believe Jesus is the messiah.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
“And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying…” (Acts 8:26)

Then he’s a fool to reject the belief of a New Testament saint who was directly spoken to by the angel of the Lord.
Bs"d

Mohammed was directly spoken to by the Archangel Gabriel.

Or so the Quran claims.