Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, when I start reading a post and I perceive hate from the person who writes, I don't read anything anymore... I abide by what the Bible says here:

1 John 3:10 The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; 12 not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous.

That's very wise advice, don't you think? ... coming from God himself, isn't it?

Actually, I know JWs in person and I can see in their meetings in the Kingdom Hall how they are in real life. I don't need anybody else to tell me cause I know the truth.

Where does that leave your opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aunty Jane

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most hatress against JWs is because they got a deep biblical knowledge that most believers can not refute ... and they fear them, and try others not to listen, so others can not get what is really happening there.

Besides that, JWs are known by their good deeds everywhere even if not perfect: good parents, good children, good citizens, good neighbors, good workers, good students, ... but above all, they are the preachers of the kingdom of God that would be expected from true Christians (Matt. 24:14; 28:19,20; Acts 1:8) ... something I don't see being done by those who criticize them with such hatred.

Should I believe what someone else say, or what I see with my own eyes?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think most hatress against JWs is because they got a deep biblical knowledge that most believers can not refute ... and they fear them, and try others not to listen, so others can not get what is really happening there.
It is the FALSE TEACHINGS of the JWs that Christians hate. Not the brainwashed people who cannot think for themselves but simply regurgitate whatever the Watchtower Society tells them. The same for the FALSE TEACHINGS of any group or cult. And Christ also hates false teachings as we see in Revelation.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hatress is not a Christians' thing ... It is a false Christians' thing.
Evil is known by what it produces.

stormymonday

Dec 25, 2022
concord
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, when I start reading a post and I perceive hate from the person who writes, I don't read anything anymore... I abide by what the Bible says here:

1 John 3:10 The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; 12 not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous.

That's very wise advice, don't you think? ... coming from God himself, isn't it?

Actually, I know JWs in person and I can see in their meetings in the Kingdom Hall how they are in real life. I don't need anybody else to tell me cause I know the truth.

Where does that leave your opinion?
I've worked with JW'S for years and know what they believe. They are being demonized by the biggest cult in Christianity - the Trinitarian cult. I have more respect for them than Evangelical Protestants who can't agree on anything.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many levels of hypocrisy, self-righteousness & narcissism....I'm willing to admit that I have faults and express my OWN attitudes to others, rather than Jesus's.

To harp constantly on one religion, one denomination, one cult continuously is to me bigotry!

Is your yard clean or the outside of your temple sparkly.... Tut Tut Tut, I think NOT. IT'S IN ALL OUR WORDS,EACH ONE.

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false
(Despite my love for them as human beings and my desire to see them saved).

#1. Jehovah’s Witnesses religion came about during the time period of other false religions in the latter half of the 19th century. It is odd that other religions seek to attack the Bible alone also came out during this time period, as well. You also have Mormons, Seventh Day Adventism, Pentecostal Latter Rain Theology. Each of these religions have one thing in common. They add words to the Bible. Revelation (the last book of the Bible) warns by saying, I quote: “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:” (Revelation 22:18). It is evil and wrong to add to God’s Word.
As if Papacy and other orthodox religions haven't added to the Scriptures?

#2. Charles Taze Russell (the founder of the JW organization starting in the 1870’s) was divorced in 1911 by his wife because he his immoral acts with other women (Source).
So I went to the link, great source BTW ... a source that doesn't give a source. You can make a claim, doesn't make it true. Do you have the actual court case? Yes, the Russell's did separate. They were not divorced. In those days there was no term for separation, it all fell under the umbrella of "divorce". The fact that she attended his funeral and referred to him as "my husband" clearly shows that. One other thing. In the court case, which I have, she was asked if she felt her husband had been unfaithful, she told the judge "no".
The apostle Paul says, “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envying, murders, drunkenness, reveling, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21). It is evil that the JW’s founder was sexually immoral whereby his wife divorced him.
1. It's never been proven. Did you know that the women in question was Rose Ball? She married Ernst Henninges. Together they were in charge of the work in the UK, until they went to Australia, and headed the work there. In 1909, they caused a schism, which still exist today in Australia and in the States. They separated from the Watch Tower and formed their own ministry. In the 50 plus years that they were alive, NEVER once did she ever claim that Russell abused her. In fact in all their writings, a monthly journal, dozens of books and booklets, they mention Russell twice. Don't you think if they wanted to embarrassed or destroy Russell's reputation, they would have? They didn't, because it never happened.

2. Russell founded the Bible Students, NOT the JW's. two different groups. That's like saying Jesus founded the Catholic Church.

#3. Charles Taze Russel stated he was able to read Greek, but when he was in court, he was exposed as being a liar because he could not translate even the most simple Greek alphabet (Source).
Actually, if you read the court transcript, he was asked if he was familiar with the Greek alphabet, he said he was. Then he was asked after failing to read a Greek from a book, if he knew Greek, he said no. His enemies say he perjured himself. It's a word game, there's a difference between knowing the alphabet and knowing a language. I can say the ABC's in Spanish, that doesn't mean I know Spanish. I'm familiar with certain Greeks words and letters, that doesn't mean if you gave me a Greek Bible I could read it.

Revelation 21:8 says, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”. It is evil that the JW’s founder had lied not fearing God’s warning in Revelation.
That's because he wasn't the JW founder.

#4. The Jehovah’s Witness organization made multiple false prophecies that never came true.

1872 - JW’s falsely prophesied that they are living in the millennium since this year in October.​
1914 - JW’s falsely prophesied that Armageddon ended in this year, and God’s kingdom began.​
1915 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the kingdom of God would be established in this year.​
Nope, wrong again! Maybe you should study up on what Russell taught about 1914 and Armageddon. Notice the subheading below:
bsm1914.jpg

1925 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the Millennium would begin in this year.​
1925 - JW leader Rutherford predicted that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob would be resurrected, and he had a mansion built for them, and when they did not show up, Rutherford decided to live in the mansion instead.​
1975 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the Millennium would begin in this year.​
End of the 20th century: - JW’s falsely prophesied that Armageddon would begin.​
You have that right, but that was J.F. Rutheford, who founded the JW's in 1931. 75% of the original Bible Students had already abandoned the Watchtower when he began to make so many changes they didn't approve of.

Yet, the JW’s want you to be afraid of their prophesies of their end times future judgments still.
This is evil and wrong because they have failed the test of being a true prophet of God by making multiple failed prophecies to begin with. They have shown themselves to be led by the evil one by making multiple failed prophecies. JW people have even left their organization when certain prophecies have failed to come true.
So, you're saying Armageddon isn't a scriptural teaching? That there are no "End Times"?

#5. JW leader Rutherford was a drunkard (i.e. he was an alcholic). The Bible says, “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). This again shows you that another JW leader was immoral whereby the organization was being led by evil and or darkness.
Yes, he was a Drunkard and womanizer.

to be continued​

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#6. Like the Catholic Church, the JW organization has covered up child sexual abuse scandals within their own church. Jesus says in Luke 17:2 (NLT), “It would be better to be thrown into the sea with a millstone hung around your neck than to cause one of these little ones to fall into sin.” This is beyond normal human decency that such an organization would allow to cover up such evil and darkness.
True, but JW's and the Catholic Church are not the only ones. Google: sex abuse scandals among the churches.
The Southern Baptist Convention, America’s largest Protestant denomination and The United Methodist Church, the largest mainline Protestant denomination currently have scandals, as well as others. Does it make it right? No.

#7. JW’s are to hate those who leave their organization. But Jesus says, “…Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” (Matthew 5:44). It’s evil to deny a command of the Lord Jesus Christ to love your enemies.
"Hate" is a strong word. Hate the sin, not the sinner. Remember, Christians are "in" the world, NOT part of the world. Excommunication is a Biblical concept, see Matthew 18:15-18, the last step is excommunication. Even Paul told the Corinthian church to excommunicate a man for sleep with his step-mother (1 Cor. 5:1,2) Paul also spoke out against those in the Church who taught a different Gospel, he even mentioned them by name and warned the brethren to be on the watch.

#8. The JW cult like mindset. JW’s are a cult wanting you to follow the Watchtower organization blindly in what they say as if it was the Word of God. JW’s have even said not to Google anything about their organization (Outside of the official JW website or JW supporting sites). But the Bible says, “Test all things; hold fast what is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21) (NKJV). This sounds like a cult like control of brainwashing others whereby they don’t want you to think and research things for yourself. But it’s evil to deny Scripture’s teaching by the apostle Paul to test all things.
I agree, but wouldn't it be much better that instead of saying "The JW say this and the JW say that", if you could give references as to WHERE they said such things. You can easily found that info on their website.

#9. JW’s state that you cannot understand the Bible without their help. But it is written: “Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.” (Acts of the Apostles 17:11) (NIV). It’s evil to teach one group alone has the sole corner on God’s Word. We see no such prejudice in Acts 17:11. Thus, the JW religion is evil for controlling one’s thinking on Scripture.
I agree.

#10. JW’s teach that it is sinful and idolatrous to pray to Jesus Christ. Yet, the Bible says, “Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,…” (1 Corinthians 1:2). John 14:14, “If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.”
Jesus taught his disciples to pray to the father (Matthew 6) He didn't tell them "when you pray, pray this way "Dear Jesus...". He also told them, to ask in his name. So, we approach the Father in prayer through Jesus. Is it wrong to pray to Jesus? The Scriptures are silent on that subject.

1 Timothy 1:12 "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service”. For it’s how we can be saved even. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13 cf. Romans 10:8-12).
Was this a prayer? I don't think so.

It is evil and wrong to suggest that you cannot pray to Jesus because Jesus is the only mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Thankfully, some ex JW’s have been set free from the evil darkness of the JW religion because they called upon the Lord Jesus for salvation.
I personally direct my prayers to the Father, but I will admit at times I find myself speaking to Jesus.

Oh, BTW ... before you jump to conclusions ... I'm not a JW.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Allegation of immoral conduct[edit]​

In 1897, Russell's wife, Maria, left him after a disagreement over the management of Zion's Watch Tower magazine. According to Russell's successor Joseph Franklin Rutherford, she believed that, as his wife, she should have equal control over its administration and equal privilege in writing articles, preaching, and traveling abroad as his representative.[81] In 1903, she filed for legal separation on the grounds of mental cruelty, referring to forced celibacy and frequent cold, indifferent treatment by him. The separation was granted in 1906, with Russell charged to pay alimony.

During the trial Mrs. Russell's attorney alleged that in 1894 Mr. Russell had engaged in "improper intimacy" with Rose Ball, by then a 25-year-old woman. The Russells had cared for her as a foster daughter said to be an orphan. Mrs. Russell alleged that Ball had told her Mr. Russell claimed to be an amorous "jellyfish floating around" to different women until someone responded to his advances. Mr. Russell denied the accusations and said he had never used such language to describe himself.[82] When the judge asked Mrs. Russell if she was accusing her husband of adultery, she replied, "No".[83]

The Washington Post[84] and the Mission Friend of Chicago reprinted the "jellyfish" story while also accusing Russell of immoral conduct. Russell sued the papers for libel; the jury decided in his favor, awarding him one dollar. Following an appeal, Russell received a cash settlement of $15,000 (current value $509,000) plus court costs, and an agreement that the two papers publish his weekly syndicated sermons as well as a retraction defending his character.[85][86][87]

Rose Ball later married and lived in Australia. As Rose Ball Henninges, she died November 22, 1950, at the age of 81 in Melbourne. For several years she had written articles for The People's Paper and was associated with the Bible Students in Australia until her death.[88][89]

1. Rutherford, J.F. (1915), A Great Battle in the Ecclesiastical Heavens, pp. 18–20.
  2. ^ The Washington Post May 4, 1906 p. 6, "The Rev. Jellyfish Russell"
  3. ^ Parkinson, James (1975), The Bible Student Movement in the Days of CT Russell, p. 45
  4. ^ Rutherford 1915, p. 20.
  5. ^ Russell v Washington Post Company Opinion of the Court, May 5, 1908: "We think the defense of privilege is not applicable to the article published by the defendant. The article is unquestionably libelous… It is not confined to comment and criticism on his acts as a public man or his public life, but, so far as this record discloses, falsely asserts that he has committed certain acts of an immoral nature in his private life."
  6. ^ Deaths in the District of Melbourne, in Victoria. Registered by Arthur Fegan. Certificate #13463
  7. ^ The Bible Student Movement in the Days of C.T. Russell, 3rd edition, Notes

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

IN Court?

The Jellyfish Pastor

When Charles Taze Russell was 61 his wife Maria Ackley, whom he married in 1879 filed for a legal separation in 1903 and then for a divorce The courts granted her a divorce, and he was charged with fraud and perjury (lying).

Maria publicly accused him of conceit, egotism and domination and more seriously, of taking indiscretions with both their adopted daughter and their maid. The court record included a quote from his adopted daughter who alleged that he had said to her “I am like a jellyfish. I float around here and there. I touch this one and that, and if she responds I take her to me, and if not I float on to others”. After the case he became known as the 'jellyfish pastor'.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rose Ball further "confessed" to Maria that only recently when Chuckie and she had arrived home one night at around 11:00 P.M., that Chuckie had stopped her in the vestibule and "put his arms around her and kissed her". Chuckie had called Rose "his little wife", but Rose retorted, "I am not your wife." Chuckie replied, "I will call you daughter, and a daughter has nearly all the privileges of a wife". Apparently, Rosa was not satisfied with just being "a daughter".

The context is unknown, but Rose also told Maria that Chuckie had stated to her, "I am like a jelly fish. I float around here and there. I touch this one and that one, and if she responds, I take her to me, and if not, I float on to others." Rose also told Maria that Chuckie had told her that, "A man's heart is so big that he can love a dozen women, but a woman's heart is so small that she can love but one man."

When Maria finally approached Chuckie with these shocking disclosures (she had to wait a day to regain her composure), he allegedly admitted some lessor things, denied some, and/or attempted to make fun of the allegations. In 1906, during his trial testimony, Chuckie denied making any of the most damaging statements alleged to have been made in 1894, and attempted to excuse away any "kissing, hugging, and fondling" as explainable, innocent events that had occurred way back in 1889, when Rose was an innocent, naive teenager, whom had just lost her brother, and whom was experiencing adjustment problems with Maria and other co-workers -- all despite the fact that the "kissing, hugging, and fondling" incidents actually at issue were NOT those earlier 1889 incidents, but were the more serious incidents that had occurred more recently -- in 1894 -- when Rose Ball had been a GROWN 25 year-old woman. Thereafter, in the pages of the WATCH TOWER magazine, Charles Taze Russell repeated his attempts at deception by repeatedly discussing and refuting the incidents that had occurred back in 1889, while ignoring as much as possible the statements and incidents which were the real issue -- the statements and incidents that had occurred in 1894.

It was likely the 1894 SCHISM that temporarily drew Chuckie and Maria back together as a couple, and which also forced Chuckie to end his private relationship with Rose Ball. However, by only 1895, Chuckie himself was asking Maria for a "divorce", and he even offered Maria their Clifton Avenue property (which would provide sufficient rental income for Maria to live independently, but spartanly) if she would go quietly. Maria declined Chuckie's meager offer, so Chuckie moved and eventually sold the house out from beneath Maria. Maria moved with Chuckie into the top, fourth floor of the "Bible House", where she remained until she moved out in November 1897.

After spending two months with her brother in Chicago, Maria returned to Pittsburgh in January 1898, and moved in with the widowed Emma Russell, and their mother, on Cedar Avenue. At least twice, Maria and Emma went to the Bible House and attempted to retrieve Maria's personal property which remained there. Both times, "Pastor" Russell refused to give Maria any of her property, stating to her once, "You don't get anything. Everything you made while my wife is mine!"

info from both sides.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The media will always sacrifice the truth to sell the lies they print…..the more sensational, the better.
Anyone who believes anything the mainstream media publishes, are puppets on a string that leads all the way back to the one who rules ”the whole world”. (1 John 5:19)

“Believers” aren’t just those who believe the Bible…..satan has his own publishers…..who never let the truth get in the way of a juicy story.

Last edited:

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one ever referred to Russell as "Chuckie" in those days. The Brooklyn Daily Eagle was a tabloid, like the National Inquirer, looking for sensation headlines. In the end, it's all just hearsay.
It is funny that the National Inquirer is being used as evidence against Mr Trump. lol

I also, gave all the sources I could find for both sides.