Reasons why you are very unwise to trust your church’s doctrines

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Tex said:
Odds are your church isn't a plaything of Satan, as described in the OP. It's probably not perfect ...
"Please read the OP before posting" is a wonderful general piece of advice.
I am not talking about my church (which I do not have) ... I am talking in general.

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
@Evangelist-7

I did read your post. You are telling other people that their church isn't really good enough. I'm saying that odds are, their church is fine. I'm not saying house churches are worse or traditional churches are better. Some of the world's largest cults started as house churches, and some of the worlds most traditional settings as equally godless.

My point is that faith is what matters. Meet in a faithful community, regardless of the setting.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
evangelist-7 said:
"Please read the OP before posting" is a wonderful general piece of advice.
I am not talking about my church (which I do not have) ... I am talking in general.
It doesn't surprise me that you don't go to church, John, and it's frightening how accurately I've described your type in my last post. Instead of repenting from your rebellion, you're seeking recruits on this thread, those who will validate your self ostracization from the Christian church. I could point you to Hebrews 10:25, but I'm sure you have it worked out in your mind that you're not really shunning fellowship. And some day it will hit you like an epiphany, for God doesn't allow those he loves to linger forever in ignorance, that it isn't all these churches who have gone astray.

It's you.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
StanJ said:
That is the reason Jesus gave for why He was able to do what He did. It was a two fold answer. It depicted that Jesus was stronger that Satan, not that Satan was out of commission. Death was defeated at the cross. Not Satan. 1 Peter 5:8 and Eph 6:12-13 support this as they were written AFTER Jesus was raised from the dead. Rev 20:7-10 shows when Satan is finally defeated and dealt with. Nothing can diminish what Jesus did on the cross and after death.

Indeed you were inexact. Don't feel bad, many are.
Sorry late as busy in two hospitals as slowed down now, and thank you for your response again!

Take another look at the the syllogism again in Lk.11:22, "conquers him." Our Lord rendered him innocuous, stripping him in his person of his cruel power, ie, vanquishing him even at Jesus' last tempation. No inexactness here. At the Cross, Satan in his person cast into hell (Rev.20:2, etc.)

Old Jack

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
shturt678 said:
Sorry late as busy in two hospitals as slowed down now, and thank you for your response again!

Take another look at the the syllogism again in Lk.11:22, "conquers him." Our Lord rendered him innocuous, stripping him in his person of his cruel power, ie, vanquishing him even at Jesus' last tempation. No inexactness here. At the Cross, Satan in his person cast into hell (Rev.20:2, etc.)

Old Jack
Rev 20:2 is not hell, it is the lake of fire where hell is cast into.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
This Vale Of Tears said:
it isn't all these churches who have gone astray.
Did I say all churches have gone astray? ... No, there are many good ones in the world.
What I am saying is that all churches should be like God's original NT churches!
I.E. Men-run (instead of Spirit-led) churches are a complete travesty!
So, get into some kind of home-group (or whatever) where the Holy Spirit is welcomed to be in control.
That's all I am saying!
Understand now?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
evangelist-7 said:
Did I say all churches have gone astray? ... No, there are many good ones in the world.
What I am saying is that all churches should be like God's original NT churches!
I.E. Men-run (instead of Spirit-led) churches are a complete travesty!
So, get into some kind of home-group (or whatever) where the Holy Spirit is welcomed to be in control.
That's all I am saying!
Understand now?
Ok, John. Since you haven't addressed the fact that you don't go to church, I'll assume you missed the whole point of my post.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
This Vale Of Tears said:
I'll assume you missed the whole point of my post.
'Tis all a tad bit similar to being obedient to your governing authorities.
If you discern that they are Satanically-inspired, are you going to blindly follow their lead?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For everyone ...

It is an incredible shame that ...
Almost everyone has NO idea just how pathetic the Christian church is now in America!

This was emphatically emphasized again last night by several Spirit-filled BACs on internet radio.
The focus was on the leadership who are NOT properly preparing the sheep, but instead are just fleecing them!
This will be all too evident when the antichrist and his great tribulation arrives.
The sheep will NOT be prepared for this is any way, shape, or form!
And many will fall away from the faith because of it.

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
But odds are, they're not satanically inspired. Your discernment is likely inadequate. Do not treat your spiritual gifts to infallibility, even the apostles made poor judgment calls, and we both are certainly less than they.

Also, Christ was a man. Should the apostles have ignored Him? Because according to you, "Men-lead churches are a travesty!". Jesus will always be the leader of the church, and Jesus is a man. Finally, every "spirit-lead" church I've been to has been nothing more than an emotional blunder. People get all hyped up. The only spirit that leads that church is human ecstasy. Organized worship is often much more meaningful and powerful than "spirit-lead" because it goes beyond the emotion to the intellect.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Tex said:
But odds are, they're not satanically inspired. Your discernment is likely inadequate. Do not treat your spiritual gifts to infallibility, even the apostles made poor judgment calls, and we both are certainly less than they.

Also, Christ was a man. Should the apostles have ignored Him? Because according to you, "Men-lead churches are a travesty!". Jesus will always be the leader of the church, and Jesus is a man. Finally, every "spirit-lead" church I've been to has been nothing more than an emotional blunder. People get all hyped up. The only spirit that leads that church is human ecstasy. Organized worship is often much more meaningful and powerful than "spirit-lead" because it goes beyond the emotion to the intellect.
Though I've read entire books dedicated to the principle you espouse here, I do admire how you express it in brevity. Very well said.

Reactions: Tex

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
StanJ said:
Rev 20:2 is not hell, it is the lake of fire where hell is cast into.
Thank you for your response again!

Only a head's up. Hell = hades = Gehenna = Lake of fire (both Gehenna & the "Lake" are Jewish terms for where the body and soul are cast into hell at the final judgment). "Lake of fire" = Tartarus = Sheol depending on the context.

Old Jack that takes Mk.9:43-48 seriously.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response again!

Only a head's up. Hell = hades = Gehenna = Lake of fire (both Gehenna & the "Lake" are Jewish terms for where the body and soul are cast into hell at the final judgment). "Lake of fire" = Tartarus = Sheol depending on the context.

Old Jack that takes Mk.9:43-48 seriously.
Let's try to stick to the Greek Jack, as the NT was never written in Hebrew. Hell is where dead unbelievers are now. AFTER the great judgement, they will be thrown into the lake of fire, NOT back into hell/hades. Rev 20:14

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Tex said:
Jesus will always be the leader of the church, and Jesus is a man.
Finally, every "spirit-lead" church I've been to has been nothing more than an emotional blunder.
People get all hyped up. The only spirit that leads that church is human ecstasy.
Organized worship is often much more meaningful and powerful than "spirit-lead" because it goes beyond the emotion to the intellect.
Is it my fault that you've never been to a Spirit-filled and Spirit-led church?
I advise you to find one ... as there are a few here and there!
The intellect has absolutely nothing to do with the spiritual.
Proof: God can reveal spiritual truth to the least of us.
In fact, most believers are below average humans (1 Cor 1:26-29).

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
evangelist-7 said:
Is it my fault that you've never been to a Spirit-filled and Spirit-led church?
I advise you to find one ... as there are a few here and there!
The intellect has absolutely nothing to do with the spiritual.
Proof: God can reveal spiritual truth to the least of us.
In fact, most believers are below average humans (1 Cor 1:26-29).
Say, John, what's the requirement to be a "spirit filled and spirit led church?" What hoops do we have to jump through? I'm sure that the senior pastor at my Catholic parish is completely unaware that he's been presiding over a church that falls short of this accolade and I want to get that list to him as soon as possible so we can get on track being a "spirit filled and spirit led church." Also, is there an inspector that verifies that we've made changes sufficient to be a "spirit filled and spirit led church", and more importantly, can he be bribed?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
This Vale Of Tears said:
Say, John, what's the requirement to be a "spirit filled and spirit led church?" What hoops do we have to jump through? I'm sure that the senior pastor at my Catholic parish is completely unaware that he's been presiding over a church that falls short of this accolade and I want to get that list to him as soon as possible so we can get on track being a "spirit filled and spirit led church." Also, is there an inspector that verifies that we've made changes sufficient to be a "spirit filled and spirit led church", and more importantly, can he be bribed?
LOL.........now come on people.......................that was funny :)

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
StanJ said:
Guess it's pretty clear who the sarcastic ones are here.
Come on Stan...lightin up............you are gettin out of the herd.....its ok buddy....you can laugh once in awhile its ok.
Jesus loves you more than you know.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
RANDOR said:
Come on Stan...lightin up............you are gettin out of the herd.....its ok buddy....you can laugh once in awhile its ok.
Jesus loves you more than you know.
I have no problem with being funny or laughing Randor. I have a problem with self righteous people.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
This Vale Of Tears said:
RANDOR knows better than to laugh at this ...
unless he knows that you are way beyond able to understand what I am referring to!

He could have said:
The church was (and is today) supposed to be a total replica/duplicate of the NT church! ... Hello!

But, then he would have been mimicking me!
Razbeerishlee? ... Bulgarian for: Dost thou understandeth what I am saying?