• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Let me show you why what most Christians believe is not scriptural or spiritual.

Its like this.
Most believers define themselves as "the man" or as a "saved sinner" and that would be your body and your flesh, only.
The "flesh" is your mind and emotions, and will.
Mot believers believe this is what you are, whereas God defines you (if you are born again and not just water baptized).. as a LIVING SPIRIT .
If you are not born again then God defines you as a dead spirit.
Sin only resides in the mental and physical realm. It does not reside in God's Spirit.
There is no sin found "in Christ".
The born again, are "in Christ".

When you are born again, your dead Spirit is RE-BIRTHED, and that is now who you have become. That is the REAL YOU...... born again.
You are the "new CREATION". "in Christ", and have become a part of God Spirit.
There is no sin in God's Spirit. = born again, were you now exist.

That is the REAL YOU, as it is now made ALIVE by God's Holy Spirit.
The born again, exit IN the Kingdom of God, and there is no SIN in the Kingdom of God.

So, for most believers, the issue is.... that you dont SEE YOURSELF as God sees you.
This means you believe wrong.
And this wrong believing leads to scriptural confusion, heresy, and sinning and confessing and never being able to stop.

Listen,
God sees only the Born Again Spirit, and you have to learn how to only think this way about yourself, which leads to the correct mind of faith.
Until you do, You see only the old man, the body and the flesh.... as the real you.
So, if you are not saved, and born again, then that would be correct BELIEF.
But once you are born again, you are now a part of God's Holy Spirit, being born INTO God's Spirit.
You are now and always a "New CREATION".."in Christ".

So..Until you can see yourself only as the new Creation, who is born again in Christ as the Righteousness of God , you will not be able to understand the NT, or live inside the Grace of God as a perfected disciple.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the heart of the renewing of the mind is coming to believe our new identity. That's really me! A begotton son of God, incarnate in human flesh. Except that my flesh is something of a train wreck!

Much love!

Reactions: Behold

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
Using "most", "always" and "never" is tricky, but I agree that misunderstanding of these type of Biblical truths is very damaging and limiting for believers. We need a healthy model of growing in our relationship with God and a healthy community that will encourage that. Discipleship and good teaching/doctrine when paired together are a good antidote for the problem you describe, but the real solution is Christ. Preaching that truth of the Gospel to ourselves every day helps us to believe what always was true.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Using "most", "always" and "never" is tricky, but I agree that misunderstanding of these type of Biblical truths is very damaging and limiting for believers. We need a healthy model of growing in our relationship with God and a healthy community that will encourage that. Discipleship and good teaching/doctrine when paired together are a good antidote for the problem you describe, but the real solution is Christ. Preaching that truth of the Gospel to ourselves every day helps us to believe what always was true.

Walking in the Spirit, is misunderstood by most pulpits, all Popes, and 99.5% of believers.
Some think this is to walk about speaking in a "prayer language" that they misunderstand as the "gift of Tongues"
And the rest think to WITS, is to try to resist sin by will power.
In both cases, thats a failed false approach, and until this is resolved by coming into right Believing, a failed discipleship, understood as "confessing and repenting of sin, again and again", will continue.

Walking in the Spirit, is to have the correct Mind of Faith, ... defined as "the mind of Christ", which is to have your mind "renewed" within and by the Revelation of who you are , AS GOD SEES YOU< "In Christ"..... and not as you think of yourself.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You mean I'm a dead spirit?
Just call me DS then. I guess.

If you are not born again, then your "spirit" is dead.
This is defined as "the fall of Adam", or the "Adamic nature.

You've heard of "born again"?
Ever heard of this phrase, saintiaint?
Jesus said, "you must be born again", and He's not kidding you.
So, your dead Spirit, must be "born again".
If its not, hell is where that is resolved after you die, unless you resolve it on earth by becoming "born again".
This is not a myth.
Christ on The Cross is not a take it or leave it.
Its a take it or else.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ah the hell threat. Wondering when it would arrive

Its not a Threat.
Hell is an eternal destination.
Its an end result of a choice.
Its as real as your cell phone.
Its as real as your breathing.
There is no "threat" involved, its just a fact that if you die rejecting Christ, you end up where those chose to Go.

You may have the idea that God sends people to hell.
He doesn't.
He only accepts their choice to avoid heaven, and there is only one other place to go, in eternity.

It could be that you believe that the Grave is the end.
But i promise you that your death is just the door that leads to where you chose to go after you died.

Its really that simple.