Regeneration before or after saving faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry my friend

What I am talking abut is the fact.

1. We are dead because of tress-passes and sins.
2. We have been made alive in Christ, having been forgiven of all tresspasses and sin.

Do I need to post the passage or do you remember it now?

Grace is grace. Unmerited. Have no idea where you get this “prevent” from.
No, what is needed is for me to describe the term previent grace .
You evidently do not even understand your own.posts,lol

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not really. You should work on your critical thinking skills and understanding differing contexts and how to apply both.

John 12:19? Does that mean everybody in the world?
Different context, does not relate.
There's no reason to believe, that John 3:16 for example, does not literally mean every person.
It doesn't say God so loved the different races, it says he loved the world.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will let Gods word speak for itself.

2 Peter 3:9 [Full Chapter]
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance
God's word does, in fact, speak for itself and you took that verse out of context.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no reason to believe, that John 3:16 for example, does not literally mean every person.
So you're inconsistent in your error? You stated world means everybody, but now it doesn't? Does all always mean all? What you do when shown your error is you change your rules and definitions.

There is very good reason to teach that John 3:16 does not mean every single person ever. The testimony of the word where it explicitly shows God does not love every single person. Do you brush off those texts too?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously that's because not everyone believes. Duh.
Of course, but nobody believes unless able to. They cannot believe in their natural state (Romans 3). Therefore, if God must change them to seek Him then either God does not actually will that everyone be saved, or he is not able to actually accomplish his will. World does not mean each individual if you look at the context.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 12:19? Does that mean everybody in the world?
Since you brought up the 12th chapter of John, you can also note that "world" means different things in different contexts in this chapter. Which defeats your argument. And totally destroys Five Point Calvinism at verses 32,46, and 47.

METAPHORIC USE OF *WORLD*
19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

THE LITERAL *WORLD* OF HUMANITY
25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, what is needed is for me to describe the term previent grace .
You evidently do not even understand your own.posts,lol
I understand them quite well

I also understand what the term grace means

You want to use some Latin term (Catholic roots) to try to make grace something it is not.

The mere fact any man or woman lives and is born is but by the grace of God

You need to realize how desperate yoru intubation is. And how graceful God is.. to even allow people the opportunity to live, and receives him.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misquoting 2 Peter 3:9 repeatedly does not make it right my friend. :)
You see My god is not an unfair God bro.

He is fair in all h does.So nothing can ever be said he did not give everyone a chance.

When God draws yu. He HELPS you understand the truth of the gospel He helps you understand your guilt (in fact romans 1 says everyones knows they are guilty. Thus are without excuse) one doe snoot have to be born again to know that.

Now all God has to do is convince them there is only one way to heave, And thats based on the cross.. He helps them with this also. It is called the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Who Jesus said would convict the world of sin righteousness and judgement.

The word convict means to reprove, or to expose something. This is the Holy Spirit acting as a human spirit enlightening the GOSPEL (Gospel only) so that the person can understand, which gives them the ability to say yes. Or to say no. Knowing if they say no. They have no excuse.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

It also does not say he loved the elect. Or the chosen.

It says the world. that WHOEVER (by wording showing that NOT ALL the world will do what comes next. They have a choice)

Reactions: Renniks