Regeneration before or after saving faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And world does not mean individual people. Read it in context. It is distinguishing all people groups vs. just the Jews.
This is false and even the concordances and lexicons will show you that that is TOTAL NONSENSE. The "world" (Greek kosmos) in the context of salvation means the human race -- the whole world of humanity. (There are other applications in other contexts).

It is simply appalling that Calvinists are prepared to pervert the truth in order to support their beliefs.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not what I said. Only the elect will believe. They have been chosen beforehand. Not because of their belief (that would be a works/merit based salvation).

No! this is not true

it says they are elect based on foreknowledge based On gods will

gods will is all who see and believe will be saved

faith in God is not a work. I do not earn my salvation because I trusted in God to completely save me

that makes no sense.

The fear you all have of thinking you can save yourself because you trusted someone to 100% save you is unfounded

my faith did not save me. Gods grace did

my faith is what caused
Me to be the tax collector and do what Paul said in romans 10. Not be the Pharisee

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is false and even the concordances and lexicons will show you that that is TOTAL NONSENSE. The "world" (Greek kosmos) in the context of salvation means the human race -- the whole world of humanity. (There are other applications in other contexts).

It is simply appalling that Calvinists are prepared to pervert the truth in order to support their beliefs.
EXACTLY in other words, not just the Jews. That agrees with what I was saying.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! this is not true

it says they are elect based on foreknowledge based On gods will

gods will is all who see and believe will be saved

faith in God is not a work. I do not earn my salvation because I trusted in God to completely save me

that makes no sense.

The fear you all have of thinking you can save yourself because you trusted someone to 100% save you is unfounded

my faith did not save me. Gods grace did

my faith is what caused
Me to be the tax collector and do what Paul said in romans 10. Not be the Pharisee
You can say no all you want, but Scripture is clear. We were chosen from before the foundation of the world. Not based on what we would choose to do, we believe because we are elect, not the other way around. Nobody believes without being elect. Period. They are incapable of doing so. It is not their will to do so.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can say no all you want, but Scripture is clear. We were chosen from before the foundation of the world. Not based on what we would choose to do, we believe because we are elect, not the other way around. Nobody believes without being elect. Period. They are incapable of doing so. It is not their will to do so.
You can say that all you want

but the bible says we are chosen before the foundation by gods foreknowledge. According to gods will

what was gods will?

I have posted it twice now

I would not want to limit gods omniscience

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course

he who does not believe is condemned already

they chose their fate
Lol!! Wow, you just do not get Scripture at all do you? Nope. Not one person has ever taught such nonsense as the above. This is why you are biblically inept since you get all your teaching from you. Go find a commentary that teaches such nonsense as you and post it.

This being condemned has not one single thing to do with any choice they made, it is the position of all outside Christ and matches with the Gospel and state of the world as per Romans 3. See how your "gospel" differs and is in error?

You do not get the Gospel while holding an unbiblical view of man and God. Please stop twisting and adding to the word your inane unbiblical ideologies.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. He preaches he was chosen because of his behavior and because out of his pure true love for God he came to him. Then he got a reward of eternal life for his actions.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol!! Wow, you just do not get Scripture at all do you? Nope. Not one person has ever taught such nonsense as the above. This is why you are biblically inept since you get all your teaching from you. Go find a commentary that teaches such nonsense as you and post it.

This being condemned has not one single thing to do with any choice they made, it is the position of all outside Christ and matches with the Gospel and state of the world as per Romans 3. See how your "gospel" differs and is in error?

You do not get the Gospel while holding an unbiblical view of man and God. Please stop twisting and adding to the word your inane unbiblical ideologies.
I can see your the same here as you are in CC

attack mode. Belittle people who disagree with you.

I will do here what I did there. Just not worth giving you an audience to act unchristlike

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. He preaches he was chosen because of his behavior and because out of his pure true love for God he came to him. Then he got a reward of eternal life for his actions.
i can see you also continue to live to slander people by placing beliefs on them they do not hold or claiming they say things they have never said

It’s sad you do not fear God enough to think about what you say.