Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
From Adam to Moses there was sin but no law,
Here is another example of YHWH's laws existing BEFORE they were written on stone.

Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which YHWH hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto YHWH: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
Exo 16:24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.
Exo 16:25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto YHWH: to day ye shall not find it in the field.
Exo 16:26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.
Exo 16:27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.
Exo 16:28 And YHWH said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
Not only does this passage show commandments and laws existed before they were written on stone, but one of those laws was the Sabbath commandment. Israel was keeping the Sabbath (for the most part) before YHWH wrote it on stone. As usual, there were people who refused to obey the Sabbath command. YHWH knew there would be such people which is why He used the miracle of the manna and the Sabbath to TEST Israel to see if they would obey.

Exo 16:4 Then said YHWH unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.
The Hebrew word for "prove" is "nasah" meaning "to test". YHWH is using the Sabbath to test us today as well.

1 Co 10:11 Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.​

Reactions: Truth

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are done with me because you can't stand up
No that isn't it....I just have much to do, so I don't waste time on semantics.....I thought it offensive of you to assume it meant I would abuse animals.....go shadow box with someone else please

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I thought it offensive of you to assume it meant I would abuse animals
I never said anything about you abusing animals. I wrote, "It is love that prevents me from making anyone or any animal work on Sabbath." Your taking offense is unwarranted.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never said anything about you abusing animals
Really...perhaps you should be a little more careful how you write then, as it certainly seemed to be what you were saying, because I had said I do not follow the sabbath...why else would you have written it there ?....At least be honest and up front...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its function is to point out sin when it is broken
Not for us who are in Christ, but for those who dont believe they have teh Holy Spirit,

Joh_16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh_16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Which is why so many chritians walk around feeling condemened, as for the law it was never given to teh gentiles, we cam to Christ under grace but you like so many ,

Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

still stuck in the old that was never yours.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

So many rejecting Him and grace,

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Really...perhaps you should be a little more careful how you write then, as it certainly seemed to be what you were saying, because I had said I do not follow the sabbath...why else would you have written it there ?....At least be honest and up front...
Well, sorry Pia, but I don't know what else to say. We were discussing how "love" relates to the Sabbath. I clearly wrote about how love motivates "me", not "you". I was glad to hear you would not allow an animal or a person to work 7 days a week, but that is not quite what the command says. It doesn't say rest from work on any day you want, but on the 7th day (the day before the first day of the week which is our Sunday).

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not for us who are in Christ, but for those who dont believe they have teh Holy Spirit,

Joh_16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh_16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
According to our Creator, Almighty YHWH, the law plays a part in "converting" (turning back) a person to Him (Psalm 19:7). It does so by pointing out how we sinned (ie; we broke the law by stealing). The Holy Spirit then convicts that person until they finally confess their sin and repent of it. Sometimes that conviction happens immediately and sometimes it can take years depending on how hard the sinners heart is or how deceived they were in believing they did not sin. The primary sin John 16:9 refers to is unbelief in Yeshua, but there are many other sins the Holy Spirit convicts people of.

Which is why so many chritians walk around feeling condemened, as for the law it was never given to teh gentiles, we cam to Christ under grace
Coming to Yeshua is the first step. Once we are in him, we become the seed of Abraham and, by extension, the seed of Isaac, Jacob, David and Yeshua. We are grafted into the natural olive tree of Israel. We become part of the commonwealth of Israel. We partake of the blessings given to those patriarchs and we live by the same Torah that is now written on our hearts under the New Covenant. The New Covenant is only for the houses of Israel and Judah (Jeremiah 31:31; Hebrews 8:8). So if you are a Gentile who has no desire to be part of the Israel of YHWH, then I feel sorry for you. Other Gentiles (like myself as far as I can tell) acknowledge their identity in Messiah and partake of the root and fatness of Israel within the boundaries that YHWH has provided in the Torah that is written within.

Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

still stuck in the old that was never yours.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

So many rejecting Him and grace,

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
I guess you are among those who reject him and grace as well since you partake of the old as well. Do you not obey the two greatest commandments as well as the other nine of the Ten Commandments found in the old? Do you not abstain from bestiality and from moving your neighbors boundary markers found in the old? I sure hope you do. The fact is, just because you obey those commands does not mean you are stuck in the old anymore than my obeying the Sabbath makes me stuck in the old. The Sabbath is part of the New Covenant. Why? Because there is absolutely NO COMMAND from YHWH, Yeshua, or an apostle to change the day to Sunday or abolish it altogether. To hold either one of those beliefs is to trample on YHWH's will.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to our Creator, Almighty YHWH, the law plays a part in "converting" (turning back) a person to Him (Psalm 19:7). It does so by pointing out how we sinned (ie; we broke the law by stealing). The Holy Spirit then convicts that person until they finally confess their sin and repent of it. Sometimes that conviction happens immediately and sometimes it can take years depending on how hard the sinners heart is or how deceived they were in believing they did not sin. The primary sin John 16:9 refers to is unbelief in Yeshua, but there are many other sins the Holy Spirit convicts people of.

Coming to Yeshua is the first step. Once we are in him, we become the seed of Abraham and, by extension, the seed of Isaac, Jacob, David and Yeshua. We are grafted into the natural olive tree of Israel. We become part of the commonwealth of Israel. We partake of the blessings given to those patriarchs and we live by the same Torah that is now written on our hearts under the New Covenant. The New Covenant is only for the houses of Israel and Judah (Jeremiah 31:31; Hebrews 8:8). So if you are a Gentile who has no desire to be part of the Israel of YHWH, then I feel sorry for you. Other Gentiles (like myself as far as I can tell) acknowledge their identity in Messiah and partake of the root and fatness of Israel within the boundaries that YHWH has provided in the Torah that is written within.

I guess you are among those who reject him and grace as well since you partake of the old as well. Do you not obey the two greatest commandments as well as the other nine of the Ten Commandments found in the old? Do you not abstain from bestiality and from moving your neighbors boundary markers found in the old? I sure hope you do. The fact is, just because you obey those commands does not mean you are stuck in the old anymore than my obeying the Sabbath makes me stuck in the old. The Sabbath is part of the New Covenant. Why? Because there is absolutely NO COMMAND from YHWH, Yeshua, or an apostle to change the day to Sunday or abolish it altogether. To hold either one of those beliefs is to trample on YHWH's will.

I have been following along, and I am amazed with your response's, I have asked if any of them Shema! do you Love the Lord thy God with all your Heart, Soul, and all your being, and mjr would not answer me back! for if you keep one of them you must keep them all. Will continue to Pray for you. In Yeshua's name.

Reactions: gadar perets

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrew word for "prove" is "nasah" meaning "to test". YHWH is using the Sabbath to test us today as well.

1 Co 10:11 Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Ooh, you are so right about God testing people! But Ex 16 was not the first “test.” Man was first tested in the Garden as God commanded Adam & Eve not to eat off of the tree of good and evil, and the day they eat thereof they will surely die.

Today, in this day and age, God is testing mankind once again to believe in His Son, and man is failing miserably as he has also failed to recognize the meaning of the Seventh Day Sabbath as with Matt 28:1, which was written almost two thousand years ago.

Not only believing in Christ as the LORD God Jehovah is essential for salvation so is the understanding of the meaning of the Seventh Day Sabbath is essential for anyone who wishes to become saved.

Contrary to what people believe, the character of the Seventh Day Sabbath has NOT changed except for the date changed from Saturday day to Sunday day, everything else remains the same.

1 What is the purpose of the Seventh Day Sabbath and to keep it holy? Because God rested after creation? I believe there is a deeper spiritual meaning than that!
2 Why was the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath Day stoned to death, for picking up sticks? I don’t believe so. Again, there is a deeper spiritual meaning!
3 Why is the character of the Sabbath Day to cease from work have to do with the “rest” we have in Jesus? You got it, again there is a spiritual meaning!

All three questions above must be answered to get the gist of the Seventh Day Sabbath

Jesus said will He find faith when He returns?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Today, in this day and age, God is testing mankind once again to believe in His Son, and man is failing miserably
I don't see it as a test, but as the rejection of a gift.

Not only believing in Christ as the LORD God Jehovah is essential for salvation so is the understanding of the meaning of the Seventh Day Sabbath is essential for anyone who wishes to become saved.
If you can't even understand who Christ is or isn't, you will certainly have trouble understanding the Sabbath. Yeshua is NOT YHWH Elohim, nor is salvation dependent upon such idolatry. Perhaps that will be the subject of the next thread I start.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
he New Covenant is only for the houses of Israel and Judah (Jeremiah 31:31; Hebrews 8:8).
Amen in that you are correct, teh gentiles never had a covenant with God so we got teh easy part, Grace,

Luk 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Almighty YHWH, the law plays a part in "converting"

No it does not, the law condemns mankind, always has always will,

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Oh how teh lawyers go on about sin, boasting of how they keep the law, but breaking it everyday, always sound just liek this man

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Sound like someone you know.
But you see you still so busy trying to be good you cant see teh best,

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Ye not children of Abraham, Sons of God.

and again

Act_15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

You want to that, is ok but dont lay that burden upon others

Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Luk 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

As I said, if that is what you choose, wont add one dot of anything to your salvation, and will not make God love you more than any one else.

God bless

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well it wasnt good enough for Him so He gave us Christ.

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

You do not, cannot, and do not want to see Jesus Christ The Law-Word-of-God. So you declare --note, on your own behalf!--, '~Christ (whom) God gave us~' as and for His Law, '~wasnt good enough for Him~'. Don't connect me with your heresy!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD. The Same in the beginning was with God", HIS WORD-OF-LAW ... "in HIM (The Word-Law of God) was LIFE; and the LIFE was the LIGHT of men" -- "THY WORD have I hid in mine heart that I might not SIN AGAINST THEE. ... THY WORD is a LAMP unto my feet and a LIGHT unto my path."

"I hate vain thoughts : but Thy Law I do love" ... "FOR THOU HAST FIRST LOVED US."

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28:1 are God's words, but your interpretation certainly is not of God.

All you have to do is check me out if I’m telling the truth that the singular English word “week” is really the plural Greek word “Sabaton (Sabbaths).”

They are probably all in your church having been taught by you.

Not only in my church but true children of God that are scattered throughout the whole world. Only His sheep listen to His word and the sheep are known by Him.

gadar perets said:
Are you now saying all who don't accept your view of Matthew 28:1 are accursed?

God wrote Matthew 28:1 through the Apostle Matthew and I believe the text to be true. Matthew 7:19-21 is indeed coming to fruition before our very eyes.

You are a sadly deceived man.

Stand by however you understand Scriptures and I will stand by mine.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see it as a test, but as the rejection of a gift.

Man, in and of himself, does not have the capacity nor the power to accept or reject a gift because he is spiritually dead and sold to sin (Romans 3).

If you can't even understand who Christ is or isn't, you will certainly have trouble understanding the Sabbath. Yeshua is NOT YHWH Elohim, nor is salvation dependent upon such idolatry. Perhaps that will be the subject of the next thread I start.[/SIZE]

That is the understanding of natural man. But go ahead and open a thread about who Jesus is and I will gladly respond and demonstrate that Jesus is YWHW/JEHOVAH.

In one of your posts here, you have admitted to not believing in the Trinity. This is the presupposition notion that you don’t believe Jesus is YHWH/JEHOVAH.

Seems you have a bad track record translating Greek and Hebrew words into English. First, it was the Greek plural word “Sabbaths” in Matt 28:1, and now the plural Hebrew word “Elohim” mistranslated as a singular word. At least you are consistent.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The fact is, just because you obey those commands does not mean you are stuck in the old anymore than my obeying the Sabbath makes me stuck in the old.

Yes, fact it is!
"But", is it written, "NOW, after that ye have known God or rather are known of God (through Jesus Christ), HOW TURN YE AGAIN TO THE WEAK AND BEGGARLY ELEMENTS whereunto ye desire AGAIN to be in bondage? Ye superstitiously make observation (again or still) of days and months and seasons and years" AS IF CHRIST DID NOT FULFIL THEM AND THEY STILL AND AGAIN MUST BE KEPT BY CHRISTIANS?!

And yes, the Sabbath too sorts under "days and months and seasons and years superstitiously observed" HAD IT NOT BEEN CHRIST ROSE FROM THE DEAD "ON THE SABBATH" SO THAT "GOD THE DAY THE SEVENTH DAY SABBATH OF THE LORD GOD, RESTED"! If God raised Christ not "on the Sabbath", IT TOO would have belonged with "days and months and seasons and years" CHRIST MADE AN END OF but some Christians "AGAIN superstitiously observe".

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
his respond was copied and pasted from my post #558.
I don’t believe anyone here is claiming that God removed the sanctity of the 4th Commandment. The command to keep it holy still remains, except God changed the day from the 7th to the 1st.

For example, God told Jonah to go to the city of Nineveh that if they did not repent of their evil ways He will destroy the city in forty days. The people repented and God turned away from the thing He was going to do. See, from time to time, God’s program changes, just as He said also He will not destroy this world with water ever again, yet we know He will destroy it by fire on the last day.

I shall just store this for reference in my file '...just in case...' under 'Illustrations of Irrelevance'.