Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the end Christianity itself will be about: the Bible, or, RCC tradition. It ALREADY IS!
No it will not ! It will depend solely on The finished work of Christ and what He ALONE accomplished ......Why is it that so many here will talk about just about anything OTHER than the reality of the Living Christ, running around in never ending circles of someone's interpretation of bible verses and what they think it means ? So utterly without merit.....Seeing how many 'christians' treat each other, both here on the forum and in ordinary life is a complete travesty....No wonder someone like Ghandi even said that he had decided at one point to follow after Jesus, until he met some people who claimed to be christians, which changed his mind...quite damning in my opinion, and oh so true also.
Jesus never told anyone to run around this world trying to force feed people with scriptures, He simply told us to "Love one another, as I have loved you", and quite frankly, it is about the only thing I find lacking in almost all the people I have met who say they are followers of Christ..........I pointed out politely quite a few times, that as far as I was concerned, you are certainly free to honor the Lord on a particular day, if you so wish.......As far as the loving part / Well you seem to fall quite short of that........Also, I am not really fond of being called your 'pal'...being female.......Also I can only assume you were being insulting there ( or trying to be), considering the rest of your text to me in your other replies to me.
Let us also get one thing straight here.....I did not come onto a so called Christian Forum, to have endless discussions about scriptures.....I came to find those who have a relationship with Him, to help build each other up in the most Holy Faith, to praise Him and to share our experiences with Him and how it changes out lives.
If I had been a brand new believer or someone searching for Jesus, when I first looked at this forum, I would have run a mile......such hardness of hearts, it is almost unbelievable !......I am more than happy not to write you again, as indeed I had already suggested to you a couple of posts back....perhaps on your next Sabbath, you could lean into Him and ask Him to show you what He means about Love ? You may find both your life and the lives of people around you improving immensely ....

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your post is contradictory. You said I was correct that the first day in the tomb was Friday, but then you said he died on a Thursday. If so, then he was in the tomb on Thursday making it the first day in the tomb. He was put in the tomb prior to sunset.

I rejoice to see your post, you spotted the ball right there where how and as it struck the net! If this were a game of soccer, it would have been the most beautiful ever of the beautiful game! ...as they say...

"This That Selfsame Whole-Day BONE DAY" of "THREE DAYS THICK DARKNESS" indistinguishable perfectly individually distinguishable cleared up in "Christ The All in all fulfilling FULLNESS of God ... WHEN GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD", "the third day"!

Dear Gadar Perets, Your post referred... I said you were correct that the first day in the tomb was Friday, but then I said Jesus died the day before (on a Thursday).
But, dear Gadar Perets, '~if so~', is no option. He was CRUCIFIED AND DIED on Thursday, He was NOT '~in the tomb prior to sunset ... on a Thursday~'. Check Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31,38 Luke 23:50!
What occurred before Joseph had even arrived in the story of Jesus.... crucifixion??? NO! arrived in the story of Jesus' BURIAL AND DAY OF BURIAL, JESUS' "BONE-DAY" "on the fifteenth day of the First Month" and "first day ye shall seven days EAT ulb" -- not "on the fourteenth day of the First Month ye shall KILL the passover" and "REMOVE leaven" (the life of the sacrifice), making "The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath" -- Friday, '~the first day in the tomb~'. So yes, He was put in the tomb prior to sunset, but prior to sunset of "That Day (that) was the Preparation mid-afternoon the Sabbath (Seventh Day) approaching / nearing / dawning", Luke 23:54! Verse 54, 3 hours prior to sunset on The Preparation and 27 hours after "the ninth hour" Jesus breathed his last breath on the day before.
"Three days" of the last 2 of the ten plagues,

"the first day", on which the firstborn of the Egyptians were killed and the passover of Israel was killed on;

and the second day, the day that began after sunset when "in That Night" after the day the firstborn of the Egyptians died and the passover of Israel was killed, they "ATE the flesh with ulb" and "the next daylight burned that which remained with fire" -- day of BURIAL;

and "the third day Christ according to the Scriptures" THESE the Passover of Yahweh Scriptures "ROSE". 1Corinthians 15:3,4.

TWO days 'in the tomb' -- not three days. "THREE days" "crucified", "buried", and "resurrected".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are reading a Saturday resurrection into the text. The sealing of the tomb took place on Saturday, not the resurrection.

The text is, "ON THE SABBATH Sabbath's-time Sabbath" - 'opse de Sabbatohn'. READ!

The sealing of the tomb took place on Saturday, "the morning after The Preparation" Matthew 27:62-66; "but ['de'] Sabbath ['Sabbatohn'] there suddenly occurred a great earthquake k.t.l." and the Resurrection occurred -- THE SAME DAY, "the third day that deceiver said He would rise".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You make Sabbath the third day because you start the count on Thursday due to your belief that he dies on a Thursday.

Yes, but also, indeed firstly, because both "Sabbath" and "the third day" are WRITTEN and were written before, and were FULFILLED to the letter as to the spirit of the letter IN CHRIST BY CHRIST AND FOR CHRIST.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No it will not ! It will depend solely on The finished work of Christ and what He ALONE accomplished ......Why is it that so many here will talk about just about anything OTHER than the reality of the Living Christ, running around in never ending circles of someone's interpretation of bible verses and what they think it means ? So utterly without merit.....Seeing how many 'christians' treat each other, both here on the forum and in ordinary life is a complete travesty....No wonder someone like Ghandi even said that he had decided at one point to follow after Jesus, until he met some people who claimed to be christians, which changed his mind...quite damning in my opinion, and oh so true also.
Jesus never told anyone to run around this world trying to force feed people with scriptures, He simply told us to "Love one another, as I have loved you", and quite frankly, it is about the only thing I find lacking in almost all the people I have met who say they are followers of Christ..........I pointed out politely quite a few times, that as far as I was concerned, you are certainly free to honor the Lord on a particular day, if you so wish.......As far as the loving part / Well you seem to fall quite short of that........Also, I am not really fond of being called your 'pal'...being female.......Also I can only assume you were being insulting there ( or trying to be), considering the rest of your text to me in your other replies to me.
Let us also get one thing straight here.....I did not come onto a so called Christian Forum, to have endless discussions about scriptures.....I came to find those who have a relationship with Him, to help build each other up in the most Holy Faith, to praise Him and to share our experiences with Him and how it changes out lives.
If I had been a brand new believer or someone searching for Jesus, when I first looked at this forum, I would have run a mile......such hardness of hearts, it is almost unbelievable !......I am more than happy not to write you again, as indeed I had already suggested to you a couple of posts back....perhaps on your next Sabbath, you could lean into Him and ask Him to show you what He means about Love ? You may find both your life and the lives of people around you improving immensely ....

Beautiful post... handy....

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well..... I think By Grace is pretty well at a level 100x higher than yours.
You got "other faith" under your name.
That says enough.
I have "Other Faith" because Christians do not allow non-trinitarians to be Christians. You attempt to shut up the Kingdom of Heaven to people like me just as the Pharisees did in Matthew 23:13. Thankfully, Christianity is NOT the door to the Kingdom of Heaven, Yeshua is.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Man, I'm beginning to conclude you're your own living christ running around.
Mah She just knows Him better than most, and from what I see on christian forums, very few do,

Luk_18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

not much

Luk 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
Luk 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
Luk 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
Luk 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

sounds just like far to many....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end Christianity itself will be about: the Bible, or, RCC tradition. It ALREADY IS!
Then perhaps Christianity is something not to be sought. I would suggest that when you make a statement you let people know what you mean. Should we not be pursuing first His Kingdom and His righteousness and when we do then God will be adding to us everything else that He deems necessary?

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the foundation of the Christian faith, not the Sabbath..... The Sabbath is resting in Him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe its because the people I reply to are already in Christ.
And that is why they are not listening to you.

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

God bless

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus is the foundation of the Christian faith, not the Sabbath..... The Sabbath is resting in Him.
Yeshua is the foundation of the true faith and the faithful will not only rest in him spiritually, but will also rest on the Sabbath physically.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And that is why they are not listening to you.

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

God bless
It amazing how you can take verses out of context. You will be judged for the way you exclude brethren from salvation.