Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So he ordered the churches of Galatia and the Corinthians. You are still assuming that includes all churches. There were about 30 other churches that did not receive the order.

If it involves church setting aside a portion from the bounty collected for the saints in the ministry, then that is an order for all churches.

The remainder of the bounty is the liberality that a local church can decide to give to as a whole.

I believe the "liberality" refers to giving to the saints in Jerusalem liberally.

As in giving liberally to Jerusalem while under orders to do so? Nah. Doesn't jive.

A better question is, why is there no command from YHWH, Yeshua or any apostle to abolish the Sabbath or change it to Sunday or to extend the rest to any day of the week? Something as MAJOR as that (the changing of one of the Ten Commandments) and nothing is said about it? I believe all seven churches were keeping the Sabbath holy until AFTER Revelation was written. Then corruption set in.

My emphasis is obedience to YHWH out of love for Him and our neighbors. That is impossible to be found wanting.

What is found wanting is you not answering anyone's request to explain how you keep the sabbath day.

You are in for a rude awakening come judgment day. Your disobedience will not stand. Hopefully, since you are disobeying due to Satan's deception, you won't experience too great a loss of rewards.

Problem here is, you say you are not condemning and yet here you are now doing so for which Jesus would say to you, to have mercy and not sacrifice, for you would not have condemned the guiltless.

I am profaning the sabbath day, but because of Jesus Christ in me, I am not guilty because He is able to make me stand.

You cannot prove to any one that you are not profaning the sabbath day. Those who speak of themselves seek their own glory, but those who speak of Him in seeking His glory, no unrighteousness is in Him.

John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law?

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

So if circumcision is the smallest letter of the law and if a believer does that, he is entitled to do the whole law, where does keeping the sabbath day falls under? How can keeping the sabbath day holy is not putting a believer to do the whole law? If you seek to be justified by the law of keeping the sabbath day holy, does it not apply that ye are fallen from grace?

But there is no way you can keep the sabbath day holy in the manner under the Old Covenant because it requires you to stone those believers that are not keeping the sabbath day holy. So in spirit of the letter, you are not keeping the sabbath day holy after all.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I addressed this already. Also, stoning took place after two witnesses appeared before the court system. An individual Israelite could not take it upon himself to stone someone.

Still, per Jesus teaching....

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

There is no stoning for any offense but excommunication when a brother is unrepentant so how can any SDA church keep themselves in keeping the sabbath day as it was under the O.T.??

I don't buy anything at all on the Sabbath. Nor do I work or cause anyone else to work. Friday is the preparation day for those things.

That also includes any luxury that would have those working in providing you the news and entertainment and activities for you on the internet.

I'm sure many conversations took place between Jewish believers and Gentile converts about how to keep the Sabbath holy. The main thing is that we have the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide us in conjunction with Scripture.

Oh come on, brother. They are needed reminding about everything else in these epistles to the churches, where is that reminder?

You left out the one verse that sets the CONTEXT for this issue.

Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
The issue was salvation by works, not whether or not the law should be obeyed. Verses 10-11 tie into verse 1. The yoke was salvation by works, but Peter emphasized to the council that salvation was by grace.

Thanks for pointing that out but would any one think circumcision would be okay as long as you did not do it to save yourself? If you say, but why do it when that was how the Jews sought salvation before when we are saved now?

Then why keep the sabbath when as a Jew would it, he thinks you do not really have faith in Him to have been saved by Him and so you are keeping the law of Moses after all to save yourself? Are the Jews not keeping the law t save themselves now including keeping the sabbath day? Then how cam keeping the sabbath day declares our faith in Him that He has saved us?

So, if the Gentiles did not need to keep the law of Moses based on your understanding of verse 5, then why are they being commanded to keep certain laws of Moses? The reality is, the Gentiles were only commanded those four laws to foster immediate fellowship between Jews and Gentiles, but they would hear and learn about the rest of the laws of Moses when the heard him read every Sabbath in the synagogues (verse 21).

Just to be clear, they were not having christian fellowship in a Jewish synagogue on the sabbath day. That was reserved for ministry outreach to the Jews in those synagogues. You can't hold a christian service in those synagogues today so don't think that was happening back then either.

That verse 21 was not implying that the Gentiles was hearing the laws of Moses read to them in the synagogue in the sabbath days after Pentecost because they were preaching Moses; not Jesus.

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

But for as big as you are making it out to be as an offense, for you to be right, God would have listed it for what the Gentiles were to do or maintain.

No need for me to pray. I was taught directly by the Holy Spirit and had my understanding confirmed through the gift of prophecy of a Sunday keeping Pastor who did not know me.

I'll pray for you anyway.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a matter of you can't; you will not. It is only you stopping your ears and eyes from hearing and seeing that which is written ALL OVER IN THE SCRIPTURES.

If a believer says he is getting circumcised but he is not doing it for salvation, how could he abstain from the appearance of evil that he is?

The 4th commandment to keep the sabbath day holy is different from all other commandments because the other commandmenst was NOT to do evil whereas the 4th commandment was a way for Israel to stand out as a witness as God's people under the Old Covenant in obtaining salvation by Judaism.

Under the New Covenant, it is no longer necessary because Jesus being in us, is able to make us stand as a representative of God and His righteousness so that we are not guilty for profaning the sabbath day as we are no longer under the law to DO that each coming sabbath day so we can go to Him freely in death or rapture, whichever comes first, because He is able to make us stand apart from the law.

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Jesus fulfilled the law so that we are guiltless for profaning the sabbath day as we are not under that commandment to become His people, but we are His people by His righteousness apart from the law as obtained by faith in Jesus Christ. That is why it is written that the just shall live by faith.

We serve as witnesses of Him by our faith in Him as the Good News to man as our resting place rather than witnesses of those as under the law of the Old Covenant that have yet to rest in Jesus Christ.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is no stoning for any offense but excommunication when a brother is unrepentant so how can any SDA church keep themselves in keeping the sabbath day as it was under the O.T.??
I don't know what an SDA church does. I am not an SDA. I was not referring to stoning under the New Covenant, but under the OC. We have no judicial system under the NC other than excommunication or shunning, but Israel did.

That also includes any luxury that would have those working in providing you the news and entertainment and activities for you on the internet.
I don't watch any news or entertainment or go to secular activities on Sabbath either. When I compute on Sabbath, it is part of my ministry to share Yeshua and the light YHWH has shown me.

Oh come on, brother. They are needed reminding about everything else in these epistles to the churches, where is that reminder?
Is there any NT teaching/reminders on how or where or to whom to tithe? No. Actually, it is interesting how Christian leaders teach we do not have to obey the law of Moses, but they sure are quick to collect tithes. Oh, and how they love to read the Psalms that talk about loving God's laws.

Thanks for pointing that out but would any one think circumcision would be okay as long as you did not do it to save yourself? If you say, but why do it when that was how the Jews sought salvation before when we are saved now?

Then why keep the sabbath when as a Jew would it, he thinks you do not really have faith in Him to have been saved by Him and so you are keeping the law of Moses after all to save yourself? Are the Jews not keeping the law t save themselves now including keeping the sabbath day? Then how cam keeping the sabbath day declares our faith in Him that He has saved us?
I have no control over the evil minds of people that think the worst of law keepers. We don't obey to be saved, but those who don't obey love to accuse us of all manner of evil. My Sabbath keeping is a declaration that the Creator of the heavens and the earth is my Elohim/God and that it is He that sanctifies me by faith in His Son Yeshua. You can't see that because you are in rebellion against YHWH's law as He gave it (the "7th" day, not " any day").

Just to be clear, they were not having christian fellowship in a Jewish synagogue on the sabbath day. That was reserved for ministry outreach to the Jews in those synagogues. You can't hold a christian service in those synagogues today so don't think that was happening back then either.

That verse 21 was not implying that the Gentiles was hearing the laws of Moses read to them in the synagogue in the sabbath days after Pentecost because they were preaching Moses; not Jesus.

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

But for as big as you are making it out to be as an offense, for you to be right, God would have listed it for what the Gentiles were to do or maintain.
I was not referring to fellowship between unbelieving Jews and Gentile believers. I was referring to fellowship between believing Jews and believing Gentiles.

I never said they were having a Christian service in a Jewish synagogue. I simply said they were hearing Moses read every Sabbath day. At that time, there was no place else to go to hear the Word. They did not have a Bible in every home as we do. What does Pentecost have to do with anything? I don't understand that comment.

The Gentiles had just as much info on how to keep the Sabbath holy as the Jews did, that is, whatever OT scrolls were available. There is really only one PRIMARY way to keep it holy; don't work or cause others to work.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
May I ask what Bible or what extra-Biblical book you are quoting from? I never heard such strange sounding verses.

Because you never have read the verses, that's why, yes. If you have, you would immediately have KNOWN. But you cannot, because you do not, KNOW the Scriptures.

In case you have not yet encountered the TRUE ONLY AND REAL Ephesians 1, here is it for you,

ΠΡΟΣ ΕΦΕΣΙΟΥΣ 1
Ephesians 1 Nestle 1904
1Παῦλος ἀπόστολος Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ διὰ θελήματος Θεοῦ τοῖς ἁγίοις τοῖς οὖσιν [ἐν Ἐφέσῳ] καὶ πιστοῖς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ· 2χάρις ὑμῖν καὶ εἰρήνη ἀπὸ Θεοῦ Πατρὸς ἡμῶν καὶ Κυρίου Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ.
3Εὐλογητὸς ὁ Θεὸς καὶ Πατὴρ τοῦ Κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, ὁ εὐλογήσας ἡμᾶς ἐν πάσῃ εὐλογίᾳ πνευματικῇ ἐν τοῖς ἐπουρανίοις ἐν Χριστῷ, 4καθὼς ἐξελέξατο ἡμᾶς ἐν αὐτῷ πρὸ καταβολῆς κόσμου, εἶναι ἡμᾶς ἁγίους καὶ ἀμώμους κατενώπιον αὐτοῦ, ἐν ἀγάπῃ 5προορίσας ἡμᾶς εἰς υἱοθεσίαν διὰ Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ εἰς αὐτόν, κατὰ τὴν εὐδοκίαν τοῦ θελήματος αὐτοῦ, 6εἰς ἔπαινον δόξης τῆς χάριτος αὐτοῦ ἧς ἐχαρίτωσεν ἡμᾶς ἐν τῷ Ἠγαπημένῳ, 7ἐν ᾧ ἔχομεν τὴν ἀπολύτρωσιν διὰ τοῦ αἵματος αὐτοῦ, τὴν ἄφεσιν τῶν παραπτωμάτων, κατὰ τὸ πλοῦτος τῆς χάριτος αὐτοῦ 8ἧς ἐπερίσσευσεν εἰς ἡμᾶς ἐν πάσῃ σοφίᾳ καὶ φρονήσει 9γνωρίσας ἡμῖν τὸ μυστήριον τοῦ θελήματος αὐτοῦ, κατὰ τὴν εὐδοκίαν αὐτοῦ, ἣν προέθετο ἐν αὐτῷ 10εἰς οἰκονομίαν τοῦ πληρώματος τῶν καιρῶν, ἀνακεφαλαιώσασθαι τὰ πάντα ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ, τὰ ἐπὶ τοῖς οὐρανοῖς καὶ τὰ ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς· ἐν αὐτῷ, 11ἐν ᾧ καὶ ἐκληρώθημεν προορισθέντες κατὰ πρόθεσιν τοῦ τὰ πάντα ἐνεργοῦντος κατὰ τὴν βουλὴν τοῦ θελήματος αὐτοῦ, 12εἰς τὸ εἶναι ἡμᾶς εἰς ἔπαινον δόξης αὐτοῦ τοὺς προηλπικότας ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ· 13ἐν ᾧ καὶ ὑμεῖς, ἀκούσαντες τὸν λόγον τῆς ἀληθείας, τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς σωτηρίας ὑμῶν, ἐν ᾧ καὶ πιστεύσαντες ἐσφραγίσθητε τῷ Πνεύματι τῆς ἐπαγγελίας τῷ Ἁγίῳ, 14ὅς ἐστιν ἀρραβὼν τῆς κληρονομίας ἡμῶν, εἰς ἀπολύτρωσιν τῆς περιποιήσεως, εἰς ἔπαινον τῆς δόξης αὐτοῦ.
15Διὰ τοῦτο κἀγώ, ἀκούσας τὴν καθ’ ὑμᾶς πίστιν ἐν τῷ Κυρίῳ Ἰησοῦ καὶ τὴν ἀγάπην τὴν εἰς πάντας τοὺς ἁγίους, 16οὐ παύομαι εὐχαριστῶν ὑπὲρ ὑμῶν μνείαν ποιούμενος ἐπὶ τῶν προσευχῶν μου, 17ἵνα ὁ Θεὸς τοῦ Κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, ὁ Πατὴρ τῆς δόξης, δώῃ ὑμῖν πνεῦμα σοφίας καὶ ἀποκαλύψεως ἐν ἐπιγνώσει αὐτοῦ, 18πεφωτισμένους τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς τῆς καρδίας ὑμῶν, εἰς τὸ εἰδέναι ὑμᾶς τίς ἐστιν ἡ ἐλπὶς τῆς κλήσεως αὐτοῦ, τίς ὁ πλοῦτος τῆς δόξης τῆς κληρονομίας αὐτοῦ ἐν τοῖς ἁγίοις, 19καὶ τί τὸ ὑπερβάλλον μέγεθος τῆς δυνάμεως αὐτοῦ εἰς ἡμᾶς τοὺς πιστεύοντας κατὰ τὴν ἐνέργειαν τοῦ κράτους τῆς ἰσχύος αὐτοῦ, 20ἣν ἐνήργηκεν ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ ἐγείρας αὐτὸν ἐκ νεκρῶν, καὶ καθίσας ἐν δεξιᾷ αὐτοῦ ἐν τοῖς ἐπουρανίοις21ὑπεράνω πάσης ἀρχῆς καὶ ἐξουσίας καὶ δυνάμεως καὶ κυριότητος καὶ παντὸς ὀνόματος ὀνομαζομένου οὐ μόνον ἐν τῷ αἰῶνι τούτῳ ἀλλὰ καὶ ἐν τῷ μέλλοντι· 22καὶ πάντα ὑπέταξεν ὑπὸ τοὺς πόδας αὐτοῦ, καὶ αὐτὸν ἔδωκεν κεφαλὴν ὑπὲρ πάντα τῇ ἐκκλησίᾳ, 23ἥτις ἐστὶν τὸ σῶμα αὐτοῦ, τὸ πλήρωμα τοῦ τὰ πάντα ἐν πᾶσιν πληρουμένου.

15κἀγώ 16οὐ παύομαι ποιούμενος ἐπὶ τῶν προσευχῶν μου 17ἵνα ὁ Θεὸς δώῃ ὑμῖν 18εἰς τὸ εἰδέναι ὑμᾶς
19τί ἐστιν τὸ ὑπερβάλλον μέγεθος τῆς δυνάμεως … Θεοῦ …
ἣν
ἐνήργηκεν ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ ἐγείρας αὐτὸν ἐκ νεκρῶν,
καὶ καθίσας ἐν δεξιᾷ αὐτοῦ ἐν τοῖς ἐπουρανίοις

21ὑπεράνω πάσης ἀρχῆς καὶ ἐξουσίας καὶ δυνάμεως καὶ κυριότητος
καὶ παντὸς ὀνόματος ὀνομαζομένου οὐ μόνον ἐν τῷ αἰῶνι τούτῳ ἀλλὰ καὶ ἐν τῷ μέλλοντι·

22καὶ πάντα ὑπέταξεν ὑπὸ τοὺς πόδας αὐτοῦ,
καὶ αὐτὸν ἔδωκεν κεφαλὴν ὑπὲρ πάντα τῇ ἐκκλησίᾳ
23ἥτις ἐστὶν τὸ σῶμα αὐτοῦ,
(Χριστὸν) τὸ πλήρωμα τοῦ τὰ πάντα ἐν πᾶσιν πληρουμένου (Θεοῦ).

Summarised in one sentence, "Raising Christ from the dead He rested Him up again ON HIS OWN RIGHT HAND" because that is the Seat of God's Rest.

God NEVER rested, rested He not in Christ Jesus; and God NEVER in Christ Jesus rested, rested He not "BY THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION".

“Remember the Sabbath… for GOD the day The Seventh Day rested…” OR HE NEVER, RESTED!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Go tell your Wednesday crucifixion congregations the truth of the Glad Tidings, tomorrow, The Holy Day OF THE LORD GOD 21 April 2018, from sunset to sunset to the day traceable back in weeks of seven days each to “when God raised Christ from the dead”, and further back to the first ever Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD YOUR GOD which the night of began in Genesis 3:8 and the daylight of, began in Genesis 3:23,24.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree about love. It is love that prevents me from making anyone or any animal work on Sabbath.
Now you are just being ridiculous ........I am a massive animal lover, and would certainly not allow people nor animals to have to work through every 7 days.........Think I'm done with you..I have had no problems with my Lord over a period of 30 plus years, but you think you are going to show me the right way ? If my way had been wrong, I would not have been able to stay one with Christ...I leave you free to worship Him the way you see fit, why can you not let me ?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Because you never have read the verses, that's why, yes. If you have, you would immediately have KNOWN. But you cannot, because you do not, KNOW the Scriptures.

In case you have not yet encountered the TRUE ONLY AND REAL Ephesians 1, here is it for you,

ΠΡΟΣ ΕΦΕΣΙΟΥΣ 1
Ephesians 1 Nestle 1904
1Παῦλος ἀπόστολος Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ διὰ θελήματος Θεοῦ τοῖς ἁγίοις τοῖς οὖσιν [ἐν Ἐφέσῳ] καὶ πιστοῖς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ· 2χάρις ὑμῖν καὶ εἰρήνη ἀπὸ Θεοῦ Πατρὸς ἡμῶν καὶ Κυρίου Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ.
3Εὐλογητὸς ὁ Θεὸς καὶ Πατὴρ τοῦ Κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, ὁ εὐλογήσας ἡμᾶς ἐν πάσῃ εὐλογίᾳ πνευματικῇ ἐν τοῖς ἐπουρανίοις ἐν Χριστῷ, 4καθὼς ἐξελέξατο ἡμᾶς ἐν αὐτῷ πρὸ καταβολῆς κόσμου, εἶναι ἡμᾶς ἁγίους καὶ ἀμώμους κατενώπιον αὐτοῦ, ἐν ἀγάπῃ 5προορίσας ἡμᾶς εἰς υἱοθεσίαν διὰ Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ εἰς αὐτόν, κατὰ τὴν εὐδοκίαν τοῦ θελήματος αὐτοῦ, 6εἰς ἔπαινον δόξης τῆς χάριτος αὐτοῦ ἧς ἐχαρίτωσεν ἡμᾶς ἐν τῷ Ἠγαπημένῳ, 7ἐν ᾧ ἔχομεν τὴν ἀπολύτρωσιν διὰ τοῦ αἵματος αὐτοῦ, τὴν ἄφεσιν τῶν παραπτωμάτων, κατὰ τὸ πλοῦτος τῆς χάριτος αὐτοῦ 8ἧς ἐπερίσσευσεν εἰς ἡμᾶς ἐν πάσῃ σοφίᾳ καὶ φρονήσει 9γνωρίσας ἡμῖν τὸ μυστήριον τοῦ θελήματος αὐτοῦ, κατὰ τὴν εὐδοκίαν αὐτοῦ, ἣν προέθετο ἐν αὐτῷ 10εἰς οἰκονομίαν τοῦ πληρώματος τῶν καιρῶν, ἀνακεφαλαιώσασθαι τὰ πάντα ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ, τὰ ἐπὶ τοῖς οὐρανοῖς καὶ τὰ ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς· ἐν αὐτῷ, 11ἐν ᾧ καὶ ἐκληρώθημεν προορισθέντες κατὰ πρόθεσιν τοῦ τὰ πάντα ἐνεργοῦντος κατὰ τὴν βουλὴν τοῦ θελήματος αὐτοῦ, 12εἰς τὸ εἶναι ἡμᾶς εἰς ἔπαινον δόξης αὐτοῦ τοὺς προηλπικότας ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ· 13ἐν ᾧ καὶ ὑμεῖς, ἀκούσαντες τὸν λόγον τῆς ἀληθείας, τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τῆς σωτηρίας ὑμῶν, ἐν ᾧ καὶ πιστεύσαντες ἐσφραγίσθητε τῷ Πνεύματι τῆς ἐπαγγελίας τῷ Ἁγίῳ, 14ὅς ἐστιν ἀρραβὼν τῆς κληρονομίας ἡμῶν, εἰς ἀπολύτρωσιν τῆς περιποιήσεως, εἰς ἔπαινον τῆς δόξης αὐτοῦ.
15Διὰ τοῦτο κἀγώ, ἀκούσας τὴν καθ’ ὑμᾶς πίστιν ἐν τῷ Κυρίῳ Ἰησοῦ καὶ τὴν ἀγάπην τὴν εἰς πάντας τοὺς ἁγίους, 16οὐ παύομαι εὐχαριστῶν ὑπὲρ ὑμῶν μνείαν ποιούμενος ἐπὶ τῶν προσευχῶν μου, 17ἵνα ὁ Θεὸς τοῦ Κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, ὁ Πατὴρ τῆς δόξης, δώῃ ὑμῖν πνεῦμα σοφίας καὶ ἀποκαλύψεως ἐν ἐπιγνώσει αὐτοῦ, 18πεφωτισμένους τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς τῆς καρδίας ὑμῶν, εἰς τὸ εἰδέναι ὑμᾶς τίς ἐστιν ἡ ἐλπὶς τῆς κλήσεως αὐτοῦ, τίς ὁ πλοῦτος τῆς δόξης τῆς κληρονομίας αὐτοῦ ἐν τοῖς ἁγίοις, 19καὶ τί τὸ ὑπερβάλλον μέγεθος τῆς δυνάμεως αὐτοῦ εἰς ἡμᾶς τοὺς πιστεύοντας κατὰ τὴν ἐνέργειαν τοῦ κράτους τῆς ἰσχύος αὐτοῦ, 20ἣν ἐνήργηκεν ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ ἐγείρας αὐτὸν ἐκ νεκρῶν, καὶ καθίσας ἐν δεξιᾷ αὐτοῦ ἐν τοῖς ἐπουρανίοις21ὑπεράνω πάσης ἀρχῆς καὶ ἐξουσίας καὶ δυνάμεως καὶ κυριότητος καὶ παντὸς ὀνόματος ὀνομαζομένου οὐ μόνον ἐν τῷ αἰῶνι τούτῳ ἀλλὰ καὶ ἐν τῷ μέλλοντι· 22καὶ πάντα ὑπέταξεν ὑπὸ τοὺς πόδας αὐτοῦ, καὶ αὐτὸν ἔδωκεν κεφαλὴν ὑπὲρ πάντα τῇ ἐκκλησίᾳ, 23ἥτις ἐστὶν τὸ σῶμα αὐτοῦ, τὸ πλήρωμα τοῦ τὰ πάντα ἐν πᾶσιν πληρουμένου.

15κἀγώ 16οὐ παύομαι ποιούμενος ἐπὶ τῶν προσευχῶν μου 17ἵνα ὁ Θεὸς δώῃ ὑμῖν 18εἰς τὸ εἰδέναι ὑμᾶς
19τί ἐστιν τὸ ὑπερβάλλον μέγεθος τῆς δυνάμεως … Θεοῦ …
ἣν
ἐνήργηκεν ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ ἐγείρας αὐτὸν ἐκ νεκρῶν,
καὶ καθίσας ἐν δεξιᾷ αὐτοῦ ἐν τοῖς ἐπουρανίοις

21ὑπεράνω πάσης ἀρχῆς καὶ ἐξουσίας καὶ δυνάμεως καὶ κυριότητος
καὶ παντὸς ὀνόματος ὀνομαζομένου οὐ μόνον ἐν τῷ αἰῶνι τούτῳ ἀλλὰ καὶ ἐν τῷ μέλλοντι·

22καὶ πάντα ὑπέταξεν ὑπὸ τοὺς πόδας αὐτοῦ,
καὶ αὐτὸν ἔδωκεν κεφαλὴν ὑπὲρ πάντα τῇ ἐκκλησίᾳ
23ἥτις ἐστὶν τὸ σῶμα αὐτοῦ,
(Χριστὸν) τὸ πλήρωμα τοῦ τὰ πάντα ἐν πᾶσιν πληρουμένου (Θεοῦ).

Summarised in one sentence, "Raising Christ from the dead He rested Him up again ON HIS OWN RIGHT HAND" because that is the Seat of God's Rest.

God NEVER rested, rested He not in Christ Jesus; and God NEVER in Christ Jesus rested, rested He not "BY THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION".

“Remember the Sabbath… for GOD the day The Seventh Day rested…” OR HE NEVER, RESTED!
Oh. So you are not quoting from any particular English version. You are just giving your translation of what you think the Greek is saying and then accusing me of not knowing the Scriptures? Sick.

In your other post you wrote;

"God from all his WORKS, RESTED the Sabbath Day" because "God's UTMOST ENERGISING THE POWER OF HIS MIGHTY STRENGTH RAISING CHRIST FROM THE DEAD", was and IS, "GOD the day The Seventh Day, RESTING." It says further that "God when He (from death's FAST) raised Christ from the dead... He SET / SEATED / ENTHRONED / RESTED Him UP ON his own RIGHT HAND (Throne): His Heavenly The Most Holy Place... HIS NAME!" Ephesians 1:20 and Isaiah 57:15

You have quotes around four sentences, but only give two references and none of them is from Isaiah 57:15 from what I can tell.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Go tell your Wednesday crucifixion congregations the truth of the Glad Tidings, tomorrow, The Holy Day OF THE LORD GOD 21 April 2018, from sunset to sunset to the day traceable back in weeks of seven days each to “when God raised Christ from the dead”, and further back to the first ever Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD YOUR GOD which the night of began in Genesis 3:8 and the daylight of, began in Genesis 3:23,24.
I asked you in post#686 to give me your verses showing Messiah resurrected on the 7th day. I ask again.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Now you are just being ridiculous ........I am a massive animal lover, and would certainly not allow people nor animals to have to work through every 7 days.........Think I'm done with you..I have had no problems with my Lord over a period of 30 plus years, but you think you are going to show me the right way ? If my way had been wrong, I would not have been able to stay one with Christ...I leave you free to worship Him the way you see fit, why can you not let me ?
Not ridiculous at all. If you do not rest your ox, for example, on the 7th day, you are NOT giving your ox the Sabbath rest. The same goes for people. You are done with me because you can't stand up against my Scriptural position that the 7th day Sabbath rest is for believers today. So you run from any further discussion. I'm not stopping you from worshiping him by doing what is right in your own eyes. I am simply correcting mistakes you are making in your replies to me. I have that right. If you don't want to be corrected, then reply in truth or don't reply at all.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today the New Testament Sabbath is a whenever you rest in the Lord, it doesn't matter if your (day of rest or days of rest) is a Saturday, Sunday or a Monday,

Definitely, it matters! God commanded and designated a special day for His people to cease from doing work. Seems you are countermanding His command.

If you are suggesting or have in mind Colossians 2:16-17, these verses are Old Testament rituals! They are NOT speaking of the Sunday Sabbath furthermore, are only a shadow, to which the reality (body) is of Christ.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The 4th commandment to keep the sabbath day holy is different from all other commandments because the other commandmenst was NOT to do evil whereas the 4th commandment was a way for Israel to stand out as a witness as God's people under the Old Covenant in obtaining salvation by Judaism.

The Fourth is the positive Commandment to the God-towards Prohibitions; the Fifth is the positive Commandment to the man-towards Prohibitions; and all ten Commandments are for the Israel of God to stand out as a people and witness under none other than the Eternal Unchangeable Covenant of Grace of the ONE Almighty LORD GOD AND SAVIOUR, FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT.

As undividable as the Tri-Une God, as undevidable is His Holy Covenant, the Everlasting New Covenant, God's Oath IN THE FULL FELLOWSHIP of His Eternal Council.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what an SDA church does. I am not an SDA. I was not referring to stoning under the New Covenant, but under the OC. We have no judicial system under the NC other than excommunication or shunning, but Israel did.

Explain why none of the seven churches in Revelation was admonished in the prophesied latter days for not keeping the sabbath day when it is so prevalent today? Even the 2 churches that were "good", neither one was praised for keeping the sabbath day.

I don't watch any news or entertainment or go to secular activities on Sabbath either. When I compute on Sabbath, it is part of my ministry to share Yeshua and the light YHWH has shown me.

Sounds like you are keeping the sabbath by how you assume He wants it done under the New Covenant.

Is there any NT teaching/reminders on how or where or to whom to tithe? No. Actually, it is interesting how Christian leaders teach we do not have to obey the law of Moses, but they sure are quick to collect tithes. Oh, and how they love to read the Psalms that talk about loving God's laws.

Point is; for converted Jews that are supposed to stone to death those profaning the sabbath, there has to be something written for future generations of believers and converted Jews into not stoning christians to death under the New Covenant for profaning the sabbath.

I have no control over the evil minds of people that think the worst of law keepers. We don't obey to be saved, but those who don't obey love to accuse us of all manner of evil. My Sabbath keeping is a declaration that the Creator of the heavens and the earth is my Elohim/God and that it is He that sanctifies me by faith in His Son Yeshua. You can't see that because you are in rebellion against YHWH's law as He gave it (the "7th" day, not " any day").

I am not in rebellion when I recognize why Jesus Christ in me, has me guiltless for profaning the sabbath day. I recognize that I am His people by faith in Jesus Christ; not by keeping the sabbath day wherein men can boast and have boasted in exalting themselves over other christians.

If no flesh shall glory in His Presence, then how can a self proclaimed sabbath day keeper be raptured?

I was not referring to fellowship between unbelieving Jews and Gentile believers. I was referring to fellowship between believing Jews and believing Gentiles.

And how can christian Jews tell themselves apart from non-christian Jews if they both keep the sabbath day? How can they be a witness of the New Covenant if there is no difference from the Old Covenant in appearance when non-christian Jews keep the sabbath day to obtain salvation? In the eyes of the non-christian Jews, the faith of christian Jews in Jesus Christ that they are saved apart from the law is null and void when they believe they have to keep the sabbath day as they do to avoid sinning against God.

I never said they were having a Christian service in a Jewish synagogue. I simply said they were hearing Moses read every Sabbath day. At that time, there was no place else to go to hear the Word. They did not have a Bible in every home as we do. What does Pentecost have to do with anything? I don't understand that comment.

Even in Acts, they had letters and scripture from the O.T. testifying of Jesus to share with new community of believers in Christ. So the early churches were getting the formation of the complete Bible as time went on.

Acts 15:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. 24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Colossians 4:16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonians 5:27I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

1 Timothy 4:13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

So we see in the scripture in the N.T. how churches were reading and copying epistles and sharing them with other communities of believers in Christ.

The Gentiles had just as much info on how to keep the Sabbath holy as the Jews did, that is, whatever OT scrolls were available. There is really only one PRIMARY way to keep it holy; don't work or cause others to work.

I believe the reason why Jesus is Lord of the sabbath so we do not have to keep the sabbath day as our faith in Him is witness of Him.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

For the Gentiles to keep the law of the sabbath as the Jews are doing under the Old Covenant gives a doubting testimony of them being saved by faith in Jesus Christ apart from the law.

It is one thing not to do evil but keeping the sabbath day was what separated the Jews from representing God under the Old Covenant to the world in what they had to do in order to obtain salvation by as His people. That can never be under the New Covenant, because then how can any one know if a Jew truly converted or not to resting in Him that they are saved by faith in Jesus Christ?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unanswerable... No one ever '~obtain(ed) salvation by Judaism~' or keeping Sabbath or, for the same matter, keeping Sundays.

Correct. Now how are we saved apart from the law? By faith in Jesus Christ.

How do we defer from sabbath day keepers under the Old Covenant? By faith in Jesus Christ, not by keeping the sabbath day.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
First answer post #686.

I don't answer to self-appointed, putative little popes excommunicating and incarcerating by shunning members of the Body of Christ's Own. To call such revilement of one's equals in everything in sin, a '~judicial system under the NC~', is nothing short of blasphemous audacity.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Fourth is the positive Commandment to the God-towards Prohibitions; the Fifth is the positive Commandment to the man-towards Prohibitions; and all ten Commandments are for the Israel of God to stand out as a people and witness under none other than the Eternal Unchangeable Covenant of Grace of the ONE Almighty LORD GOD AND SAVIOUR, FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT.

As undividable as the Tri-Une God, as undevidable is His Holy Covenant, the Everlasting New Covenant, God's Oath IN THE FULL FELLOWSHIP of His Eternal Council.

So now how are we to stand out for God under the New Covenant to the world? By faith in Jesus Christ.

The Old Covenant was man's chance to obtain righteousness by the deeds of the law. failing that, it is God's turn.

That is why Jesus is the Good News to man; not to the Jews; to all of mankind.

So for christians to be guiltless for profaning the sabbath day, shows God's victory in that we are His people by faith in Jesus Christ. That is His glory.

Reactions: mjrhealth

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Correct. Now how are we saved apart from the law? By faith in Jesus Christ.

How do we defer from sabbath day keepers under the Old Covenant? By faith in Jesus Christ, not by keeping the sabbath day.

Collins says 'defer' is to yield to, so I don't know what '~defer from sabbath day keepers under the Old Covenant~' is.
And since when or how does '~By faith in Jesus Christ~' mean '~not ... keeping the sabbath day~'? "IF JESUS GAVE THEM REST keeping the Sabbath Day THEREFORE remains for the People of God." THERE is God's New Testament and New and Everlasting Covenant Sabbath Day!

So HOW "did Jesus give them Rest"? "God, by raising Christ from the dead ... gave HIM to the Church as Head."