Removal Theology not Replacement Theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days. Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father. (Gen 49:1,2)

Abraham had a son Isaac, who had two sons Esau and Jacob. Jacob (the Supplanter) deceived his father into receiving the blessings and the birthright of Esau (the elder son). However, Jacob became a man of faith and God renamed him "Israel" (prince with God and men).

Jacob had twelve sons, who became the ancestors of the twelve tribes of Israel. And Israel was given the Promised Land of Canaan by God (through the Abrahamic Covenant) to become an everlasting possession, stretching from the Nile to the Euphrates.

Even though the Jews were generally disobedient and rebellious (and were punished and eventually dispersed from Israel), God never changed His promises to Abraham, so ultimately there would be a redeemed and righteous remnant of Israel on earth -- purely by God's grace. And Christ would be their eternal King, while David's throne would be restored, and David would be prince over Israel.

Jesus of Nazareth, the King-Messiah of Israel, came from the tribe of Judah, and descended from the line of David. And even though He came initially to the lost sheep of Israel, He was to become a Light unto the Gentiles, and the Savior of the world. His first coming was in humility and humiliation, but His second coming will be with power and great glory. He will restore the kingdom of Israel, but He will also establish the Kingdom of God on earth. Eventually He will hand over everything to God the Father, so that God will be all and in all.

1 CORINTHIANS 15
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

In regards to Covenant Theology, Replacement Theology and who the 'True Israel' is, I do wonder at the fuss that is always kicked up. I know Dispensationalists think we jettison Israel to put ourselves in their place, but I think they miss our point.
Covenant Theology teaches that the point of biblical history, of all history, is Christ. Every moment in time, through fall, sin, works, promise, fulfilment, it was all heading to one person: Jesus. Israel is not the point of the bible, as I've heard Dispensationalists say, Jesus is. Jesus is David's heir, the Son of Man and the true Israel, the very reason that God selected Abraham, made a covenant with him, renamed Jacob, etc. It was all moving towards the promise made to Eve in the Garden...that one who would crush the head of Satan. It is when people (whatever nationality, be it Jew or Gentile) come to be IN Christ, that we become the true Israel as well...part of the elect, or the Church...call it what you want. Christ called it 'his Church', and it began with mostly Jewish people.
To insist that National Israel is the continued point of the bible is to do away with what Christ did and is, and to revert to the shadows of the OT that pointed to him. What folly that is! It makes no sense!
But, there is no reason, and Romans 9-11 seems to suggest, that while we need to be in Christ to recieve salvation, God still has a heart for, and plans for, National Israel. That plan will have to be turning to Jesus, rather than reverting to OT sacrifice for their salvation.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...To insist that National Israel is the continued point of the bible is to do away with what Christ did and is, and to revert to the shadows of the OT that pointed to him. What folly that is! It makes no sense!...
1. There is NOT A SINGLE DISPENSATIONALIST who believes the rubbish you have stated above, viz, that "National Israel" is a substitute for Christ. Where did you come up with this nonsense?

2. There is NOT A SINGLE DISPENSATIONALIST who believes in reverting to the shadows when Christ is the reality. More nonsense. So the "folly" is something which you have concocted in your own mind to further disparage Dispensationalists. We have people here mocking genuine Christians as "dispies", when they should be showing some respect to those who have actually searched the Scriptures, instead of simply going along with Catholic doctrines adopted by Protestants without any protest.

Anyone with a fair and open mind can read any book (or article) by any Dispensationalist, and they will see that every one of them believes in (1) the centrality of Christ in Scripture, (2) types of Christ revealed from Adam onwards, (3) the finished work of Christ as the sole basis of salvation, and (4) the New Covenant as having superseded the Old, which means that the types and shadows have now been replaced by the reality of Christ.

What Covenant Theology and Replacement Theology (and all other discordant theologies) have done is DENIED THE TRUTH: that God has an eternal plan and purpose for the Church, with Christ as its Head, and that God also has an eternal plan and purpose for redeemed and restored Israel on earth, with Christ as their King (while He is also King of kings and Lord of lords over the whole earth).

The burden of proof is on the naysayers to prove that this is false, strictly on the basis of THE WHOLE BIBLE.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1. There is NOT A SINGLE DISPENSATIONALIST who believes the rubbish you have stated above, viz, that "National Israel" is a substitute for Christ. Where did you come up with this nonsense?

Sorry to disagree, but I only mentioned it because I heard a Dispensationalist state it. Can't remember which one it was. I've been listening to Jack Hibbs, Don Stewart and Tom Hughes the last couple of months, and it was one of them. I remember it quite distinctly, because I thought "how wrong that is, Jesus is the whole point of the bible".

Now...I also think I need to mention, due to your wording above, that I don't think the intent (of the speaker I was listening to or myself), in stating that "Israel was the point, or focus of scripture" meant that Israel was a subsitute for Christ, as you have put it above. In other words, I'm not saying that Israel is able to redeem, and I don't think the Dispensational speaker was meaning that either. I think the point was (and I still think it's incorrect) was that while Christ was Messiah, and therefore Saviour, Israel was still front and centre of the whole story and point of scripture. The OT was about them, and we must therefore understand the future purposes to be about them.
My point is that we need to see Israel as the vehicle God used to bring his purposes in Christ to bear. Yes, he loves Israel due to this, but Israel must still take a back seat. Therefore to state, as I heard this speaker put it, that Israel is "the whole point of scripture" is erroneous and takes the focus off what truly is the most important thing.

2. There is NOT A SINGLE DISPENSATIONALIST who believes in reverting to the shadows when Christ is the reality. More nonsense. So the "folly" is something which you have concocted in your own mind to further disparage Dispensationalists. We have people here mocking genuine Christians as "dispies", when they should be showing some respect to those who have actually searched the Scriptures, instead of simply going along with Catholic doctrines adopted by Protestants without any protest.
Well, what do you call it when you say that the temple will be rebuilt in the Millennium and sacrifices reinstated? I don't swallow the nonsense of it being in 'memory or honor' of Christs true sacrifice. No, his was once for all, and we remember and honor it just fine in his absense with the cup and bread. In his presence going back to killing and blood would be an abomination.
Look, you know I don't disrespect "dispies". But I do have honest questions about their system. If you truly feel it stands up under scrunity, how about simply answering my questions without resorting to the same sort of accusations and cheap shots you feel are being leveled at you? Your implication that I haven't searched the scriptures on my view, and have just shunted along after the RCC on it are, as I said, cheap shots.

Anyone with a fair and open mind can read any book (or article) by any Dispensationalist, and they will see that every one of them believes in (1) the centrality of Christ in Scripture, (2) types of Christ revealed from Adam onwards, (3) the finished work of Christ as the sole basis of salvation, and (4) the New Covenant as having superseded the Old, which means that the types and shadows have now been replaced by the reality of Christ.
Yes, and this is what often confuses me. You (general usage) believe that the shadows and types have been replaced by Christ, and the that old has become new...but when it comes to your eschatological system, there doesn't seem to be a logical follow through on those thoughts. While, yes, we can draw from scripture God's faithfulness and love towards Israel because of his promises to the forefathers, there is also enough scripture to thoroughly paint Christ as fulfilling all the promises and positions that was made to Israel. Christ IS the seed, he IS the true Israel, all promises find their yes and amen IN him. If we know that all scripture points and leads to Jesus, that the old covenant was pointing to our need for him, the new uniting us to him and the people of God become so after only finding salvation in him...then why do Dispensationalists insist that Israel MUST still be front and centre? I agree that God, through faithfullness and to his own glory, will gather the Jews to him again before the end, but there does not seem to be anything in scripture to suggest it is covenantally imperitive.

What Covenant Theology and Replacement Theology (and all other discordant theologies) have done is DENIED THE TRUTH: that God has an eternal plan and purpose for the Church, with Christ as its Head, and that God also has an eternal plan and purpose for redeemed and restored Israel on earth, with Christ as their King (while He is also King of kings and Lord of lords over the whole earth).

The burden of proof is on the naysayers to prove that this is false, strictly on the basis of THE WHOLE BIBLE.

Well, I don't know here. I think with all the verses that show that the people of God are those who are "in Christ", I think the burden of proof must then rest on those who want to claim there is a special distinctive between the "Gentile" believers and the "Jewish"...future believers? Especially after all the work Paul goes to to break down the wall between to two peoples.

Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

Agree with the above. The branches broken off that the gentiles may be grafted in must be grafted in themselves. They are not however grafted onto Israel... But into Christ.

Reactions: Helen

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Agree with the above. The branches broken off that the gentiles may be grafted in must be grafted in themselves. They are not however grafted onto Israel... But into Christ.

It does seem to be the clear reading of that text, doesn't it? Without the root, none of the branches, original or wild, have life at all.
Oh, may I produce fruit and not be cut off from the Olive tree! And may we all pray that the original branches find their way back to belief.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
CoreIssue said:
Yes it does. Is referring to the Jews still live at the second coming. 2/3 died during the AC persecutions of the Trib.

When they see him they finally accept him as messiah.
Did you know that the Protestant Reformers understood that the NT "Israel of God" is the church? And that they rejected Catholicism's idea of Jewish centrality of end time prophecy - something that you and most Protestants today subscribe to? Have you ever read the reasons for why they took that position?

Are you serious,that's like saying they will be saved just because nowhere in scripture does it teach that,one must believe in Christ NOW!!!!!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel was still front and centre of the whole story and point of scripture.
In a sense maybe...but like we've been saying, true Israel is Christ.

Hey guys. About this discussion, I think the attempt to make the church Israel, or relegate the church to being beneath Israel are both denials of one of the dominant teachings of the New Testament: The Jews and Gentiles both retained their identities, yet were nevertheless one in Christ. Why can't Jewish believers in Christ remain Jews, and Gentile believers in Christ remain Gentiles, and both have a distinct role to play in the unfolding of end-time prophecies?
Well, what do you call it when you say that the temple will be rebuilt in the Millennium and sacrifices reinstated? I don't swallow the nonsense of it being in 'memory or honor' of Christs true sacrifice. No, his was once for all, and we remember and honor it just fine in his absense with the cup and bread. In his presence going back to killing and blood would be an abomination.

Naomi, I must admit that I find the thought of animal sacrifices being reinstated distasteful myself, but there are several millennial passages which clearly state they will be, and I do not think they can in any way, shape or form be spiritualized away.

But about this question, what is your response to the following:

"The primary objection made to the idea of animal sacrifices returning during the millennial kingdom is that Christ has come and offered a perfect sacrifice for sin, and there is therefore no need to sacrifice animals for sin. However, it must be remembered that animal sacrifice never removed the sin that spiritually separated a person from the Lord. Hebrews 10:1-4 says, “For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins" (NASB).
It is incorrect to think that animal sacrifices took away sins in the Old Testament, and it is incorrect to think they will do so in the millennial kingdom. Animal sacrifices served as object lessons for the sinner..."
Will there be animal sacrifices during the millennial kingdom?

Last edited:
D

Dave L

In Romans 11, Paul says God will graft back into Israel any who believe. So This makes Jesus and the Church biblical Israel.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spiritual birth is superior to the natural birth. Dispensationalists deny this.

Episkopos, why are you doing this? Why are you falsely representing what Dispensationalists believe? It's offensive to me when people lie about me, and tell others at this Forum that I believe something I do not. I could make up a dozen lies right now of the most slanderous and blasphemous kind, and tell everyone "This is what Episkopos believes!" Would you regard that as sinful? Or are all things fair game to you when it comes to discussing things at this Forum?

Reactions: Naomi25

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Episkopos, why are you doing this? Why are you falsely representing what Dispensationalists believe?

Dispensationalists always take Israel as they who practice Judaism or are DNA Jews. This is contrary to the teachings of Paul and the whole idea of being grafted into Christ regardless of ancestry.

The new Covenant is between God and the 2 houses of Israel. That's it. Only THAT is biblical. It is not a covenant with the world. So then the nations have no part in the bride of Christ...which is the new Jerusalem (the capital of Israel) in this view. This makes Gentiles a sort of afterthought and an inferior people eternally. Why would God play into the kind of religious arrogance that got them rejected in the first place?

So then in this view Gentiles cannot be saints....as saints are in the New Jerusalem and are the Bride of Christ.

Of course this is very wrong. It places adherence to an obsolete observance (Judaism) and DNA above the miraculous entrance into kingdom life. it denies grace and the power of a new life...doctrinally.

Most Messianic "rabbis" (champions of this doctrine) teach some crazy things not found in the bible...such as.. there are actually 2 brides (thereby keeping the Jews superior) or else the nations are filled with.....the nations... and are forever ruled over by Jews. We Gentiles are just keeping the place of the Jews open for them...until they come into the kingdom...then we will be demoted to being their servants.

Check this out.

Do some research on this.

I have fully investigated this and have traveled with a prominent Jewish "prophet" and know a number of Messianic teachers. They all deny the Oneness in Christ. They are and remain forever "unique" and "superior" in their conceit. It comes from Talmudic teachings whereby the evil of the Jew is still more righteous than the most righteous Gentile. It is like the false doctrine that Christians have that the worst Christian is still better than the best non-Christian. Same idea...same spirit.

Check it out.

It's offensive to me when people lie about me, and tell others at this Forum that I believe something I do not. I could make up a dozen lies right now of the most slanderous and blasphemous kind, and tell everyone "This is what Episkopos believes!" Would you regard that as sinful? Or are all things fair game to you when it comes to discussing things at this Forum?

The difference is that I am being truthful about this false doctrine. When you take a doctrine and compare it to the WHOLE counsel of God...you see it for what it is.

Up is still up, down is still down, and false is still false. :)

I am speaking of doctrines that destroy God's undertakings.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many people are fully ignorant that they are encouraging a divisive spirit. Yet this is what they do...without realizing it of course. But we are fully responsible for the spirits we endorse.

As soon as you try speaking of ALL mankind being equal before the cross... even the Jews...you get accused of being anti-Semitic. And that is because there is a divisive spirit in both Judaism and by extension Christianity that holds to lies and fables.

The truth is that Israel is ALL who overcome through faith! There are no different groupings for overcomers. The issue is faith and faithfulness. God does not respect one kind of human over another. There are no DNA scanners in heaven.

Reactions: icxn

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can Gentiles in this world become citizens in present day Jerusalem? By conversion to Judaism.

Can Gentiles become eternal citizens in the new Jerusalem? How? Now a Dispensationalist cannot say...by abiding in Christ since Jerusalem is the Jewish capital. One must be a Jew to reside in Jerusalem as a citizen.

So then we can either become a saint and a citizen in the new Jerusalem (and part of the Bride of Christ) ...or NOT!

You can't have it both ways.

So I ask our Dispensational friends...what does it take to enter into the New Jerusalem?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people are fully ignorant that they are encouraging a divisive spirit. Yet this is what they do...without realizing it of course. But we are fully responsible for the spirits we endorse.

As soon as you try speaking of ALL mankind being equal before the cross... even the Jews...you get accused of being anti-Semitic. And that is because there is a divisive spirit in both Judaism and by extension Christianity that holds to lies and fables.

The truth is that Israel is ALL who overcome through faith! There are no different groupings for overcomers. The issue is faith and faithfulness. God does not respect one kind of human over another. There are no DNA scanners in heaven.

LoL. Episkopos, you have a vendetta going, and it gives you tunnel vision. And through that tunnel vision YOU are being manipulated by a divisive spirit, whereby you classify people as "all believing this" or "all believing that." Do you know how many differences of opinion there are among Dispensationalists on various matters? Do you know how many differences of opinion there are even among Messianics? Yet you drastically oversimplify by classifying people as all being in one group or another, which is the very heart of divisiveness.

Not much I can do at this point but mark you as such. You insist on telling people I believe in things that I do not. Don't expect to be warmly received when you do it to others either. No one appreciates that sort of thing.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispensationalists always take Israel as they who practice Judaism or are DNA Jews. This is contrary to the teachings of Paul and the whole idea of being grafted into Christ regardless of ancestry.

The new Covenant is between God and the 2 houses of Israel.

Two houses of Israel? Israel is one house and Judah is one house.

Jeremiah 31:31 New International Version (NIV)
31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.

Hebrews 8:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 But God found fault with the people and saida]">[a]:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.

They will be reunited and the broken staff made whole.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LoL. Episkopos, you have a vendetta going, and it gives you tunnel vision. And through that tunnel vision YOU are being manipulated by a divisive spirit, whereby you classify people as "all believing this" or "all believing that." Do you know how many differences of opinion there are among Dispensationalists on various matters? Do you know how many differences of opinion there are even among Messianics? Yet you drastically oversimplify by classifying people as all being in one group or another, which is the very heart of divisiveness.

Not much I can do at this point but mark you as such. You insist on telling people I believe in things that I do not. Don't expect to be warmly received when you do it to others either. No one appreciates that sort of thing.

An emotional response. You are saying it is divisive to decry divisiveness....yet you don't make a single comment on what I posted.

Are you just attached emotionally to this doctrine...or is there any substance to it?

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Two houses of Israel? Israel is one house and Judah is one house.

Is. 8:14"Then He shall become a sanctuary; But to both the houses of Israel, a stone to strike and a rock to stumble over, And a snare and a trap for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who here has the honesty to answer what it takes to enter into the New Jerusalem?