Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father God, you are a waymaker and able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we ask or think. I pray your will be done in this man's life and that he could get wise counseling. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part of the problem is that if I try they will give me crap. They got some additional ammunition for it because back when I was in vocational rehab, it was required that I got valuated by a counselor and a psychiatrist, which didn't solve anything. So I was allowed to try again with another set of counselor and psychiatrist and it didn't solve anything either. Everything they tried was medication based, and it was like, "since the medications we tried didn't work, then we are just stuck between a rock and a hard place". So if I try to get help now, they remember how things went before. But I don't really think that medication is my answer anyways. I need someone to talk too. Someone who cares. I told the princapal at the school I work for that I've been getting really depressed and she advised me that I should try talking to one of the counselors that the school has for it's employees. It's not easy for me to that because I have trouble getting around, and due to my work schedule I would probably need to take some time off of work. She added that they also do Zoom sessions. That would work if only I wasn't living with my parents.
Can you find another place that has wi-fi that you can use away from your parents, maybe a coffee house in a corner table or something? I hope you will find your way brother.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 32327
Heres a reminder for us all .
Amigo, What in the world is this? This man is in need of prayer and human comfort, and this is what you give him? You are always so full of Bible verses, but the one thing you lack is compassion. Christ would have never said this to him.
This is what He would/does say:
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo, What in the world is this? This man is in need of prayer and human comfort, and this is what you give him? You are always so full of Bible verses, but the one thing you lack is compassion. Christ would have never said this to him.
This is what He would/does say:
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
It just a reminder . now let us pray that all simply have a closer walk with CHRIST .
Every word of GOD is actually GOOD for our souls . From every warning to every promise its just GOOD
for our souls .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just a reminder . now let us pray that all simply have a closer walk with CHRIST .
Every word of GOD is actually GOOD for our souls . From every warning to every promise its just GOOD
for our souls .

This thread is about someone who is hurting. Jesus would have us comfort him.
You post is out of line with trying to help someone who is in need of compassion, which our Lord is full of.

He asks for bread, and you would give him a stone, and the worst part is, you can't even see it.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about someone who is hurting. Jesus would have us comfort him.
You post is out of line with trying to help someone who is in need of compassion, which our Lord is full of.

He asks for bread, and you would give him a stone, and the worst part is, you can't even see it.
He is hurting . So why on earth would we lead him to counslers of the world and not rather point HIM to CHRIST .
The worldly wisdom of men is not the answer . THE WISDOM OF GOD is the answer .
Dont run to the world o church for answers from men . RUN to CHRIST and get advice from GODLY people .
Prayers from men and women who KNOW CHRIST . That is the simple solution and the answer . Sigmund
aint gonna save a soul nor offer up the wisdom that GOD CAN . TURN to HIM for all things .
TRUST IN HE ALONE for all things . PRAY to HIM for all things . TRUST IN HE ALONE for all things .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not use doctors for what ails you? I bet you do. Or if you had an injury would you not see a physical therapist? I bet you would.
What is the difference?

Luke 5:31 - And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick."

Also, In the book of Proverbs 25: 11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Do you not see how condemning you are?

And this too

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part of the problem is that if I try they will give me crap. They got some additional ammunition for it because back when I was in vocational rehab, it was required that I got valuated by a counselor and a psychiatrist, which didn't solve anything. So I was allowed to try again with another set of counselor and psychiatrist and it didn't solve anything either. Everything they tried was medication based, and it was like, "since the medications we tried didn't work, then we are just stuck between a rock and a hard place". So if I try to get help now, they remember how things went before. But I don't really think that medication is my answer anyways. I need someone to talk too. Someone who cares. I told the princapal at the school I work for that I've been getting really depressed and she advised me that I should try talking to one of the counselors that the school has for it's employees. It's not easy for me to that because I have trouble getting around, and due to my work schedule I would probably need to take some time off of work. She added that they also do Zoom sessions. That would work if only I wasn't living with my parents.
I have counseling that I have. She calls me on the phone. I like it to be private though when no one is around or listening, but you've got to do what you have to.

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for some privacy and that your parents will stop being overprotective of you and allow you some freedom. They are doing it out of love for you I'm sure, but it holds you back brother.
You' are in my prayers.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point I'm trying to make is, people don't recognize how my problem effects me, and it's frustrating.
Perhaps it wouldn't frustrate you so much if you tried to shift your focus to God's recognition of how your problem affects you. You might have to set some reminders to bring your focus back when it strays. I've had to deal with this kind of thing. No one's problems are just like another's, though, and that understandably makes it hard to believe that anyone can empathize. But Jesus is human, just like us, and He is the Master Empathizer. Just a thought. :)

Reactions: Nancy