Repentance necessary for salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
During 1973, I was read John 3:16. I had a vision of a sword plunging into my belly. As this happened, my heart was flooded with the realization that the verse was true.
Later on, I was informed that if I was truly saved, I wouldn't sin anymore. Try as I might, I was unable not to sin. I was miserable.
I figured I may as well stop believing, and enjoy the pleasures of this life the best I could.
This meant drugs and promiscuity.
The problem was, try as I may, I couldn't stop believing.
Fast forward to March 10, 1994. I had just finished smoking a 50 piece of crack. I had chest pains and realized that I couldn't stop. I then knew that I would eventually die from my drug use.
I turned to God, not knowing if He would hear me. I was desperate. I asked for help. I then dug out my bible from a box in my closet. I flipped it open to Isaiah 54. I also read somewhere else that said, "Flee."
The next morning I left my life behind and went to live in another town.
For four months I sought God with all my heart, not really understanding what I was doing. I was desperate.
One Sunday morning I got up to go to church. As I adjusted my tie in the mirror, I realized that I was being a fraud. I took the suit off.
That night I went to a fellowship where I was told I wouldn't be looked down on because I had long hair and wore jeans.
When I got there that evening, I walked into what was then known as the Vineyard movement. I met my Father that night, His heart of unconditional love for me connected with mine. Except for a brief time in early 2000, that connection has remained intact.
That brief time was when He disconnected from me, even though He had told me a few months earlier that He would never leave me nor forsake me. For a terrible 3 weeks, I didn't know where He was.
Then, while at a Christian retreat, and as I watched a video where the man said, "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; the one who believes will never be shaken." (Isaiah 28:16)
I then saw, in the Spirit, a stone fly into my right side and knew it was Jesus. I burst out into sobs of relief. The video ended. As each staff member walked by me, they patted me on the shoulder and said, "What just happened was a good thing," and, "Everything's going to be okay now."
For the rest of the week, I learned much, including how repentance is necessary for the healing of my soul, the breaking of curses, and for the expulsion of demons.
My spirit was reborn when I heard John 3:16; however, for the healing (salvation) of my soul, I had to walk out Luke 9:23, among other things.
This is my testimony; I realize most are not sons of Levi nor called to the "5-fold" ministry, so things may be different for others. Shalom.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I really don’t find it appropriate to say that repentance (unto God) is a requirement for salvation. I consider repentance as that which gets one prepared for the salvation of God.
What do you suppose this means?

Rev. 3:5
"Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."
If you’ll consider the context, you’ll find out that the repentance there is not about salvation. The repentance there has to with doctrines and practices. Seemingly they have forgotten those that which they received and heard at first and have strayed from them, so they are warned to remember them and repent. And Failure to heed these warnings would result in Jesus Christ sending severe and sudden discipline on them that would surprise them for it will come to them like a thief, similar to the Second Coming.

Tong
R2705

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I really don’t find it appropriate to say that repentance (unto God) is a requirement for salvation. I consider repentance as that which gets one prepared for the salvation of God.
Don't get what you are saying. Is repentance necessary in order to be saved, or not? Someone can be saved without repentance? Seriously? If so, please explain how.
As I said I consider repentance (unto God) as that which gets one prepared for the salvation of God. I do not view it as some requirement that gets one attain to salvation.

Let’s go back in time, at the time of John the baptist. Let’s say for simplicity, that Jesus is the salvation of God, that is coming to the world. Now, John the baptist prepares the way. And in doing, he preach repentance, saying “Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand!” Repentance is what he ask of the people to prepare them for the coming salvation of God.

Tong
R2706

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Justbyfaith, its good to see you always using someone else's material.
Congratulations on your teaching skill.

Now...
What is "Godly Repentance", and how is this different then "confess and repent" of your sin.
This is really what the Thread is trying to discuss, but the Op is not able to represent this thought clearly.

So, let me show you ...

1.) If you are a carnal christian who is trying to keep yourself saved, because you don't Trust Christ to do it, then you write a lot of nonsense about repenting, and abiding, and "how you can lose your salvation", and "why i hate OSAS".

2.) If you are true believer, who understands that God is THE Savior, who starts your salvation and completes it, as its HIS SALATiON, that you get as a Gift, Philippians 1:6. Then you can understand that "repentance"..."Godly Repentance" is a one time turning from UNBELIEF to BELIEF In Jesus.
See that?
You turn, or change your mind from NO FAITH, and UNBELIEF, to......Belief, and Trust. = In Christ.
This is "REPENTING>.
See that?
God SEES this "repentance FROM Unbelief" , as "faith comes by HEARING the Gospel", and when this happens, you are REPENTING of unbelief, and are giving God your FAITH.
This repenting from unbelief UNTO FAITH, is "Godly Repentance" that God accepts as "Faith is accepted as Righteousness".

End result? = "Justification BY Faith".....happens once, = Born again.
God forgives all your sin, washing you in the Blood of Jesus, and then He gives you the NEW BIRTH, and you become a "New Creation in Christ".

ALL THIS, is the "fruit" of REAL Repentance.
It happens exactly once in your life and you go to heaven.
If it never happens, then you die "in your sins", and will be Judged in eternity as a CHRIST REJECTOR and You will go to Hell.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it very strange that many Christians can read a message that expounds on the word of the Lord with pure exegesis; and then turn around and contradict that message as though it were not based on the word of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not scripture. And, it can be taken to mean that a person can ask Allah to save them and they will be saved; or that a person can ask God to save them apart from faith in Jesus Christ and they will be saved.

False doctrine and heresy, I'm sorry to say.

Wow ......you have reached a new low.....If what you say is true, that makes the prophet Joel a heretical Liar ( Joel 2:32.....”and everyone that calls upon the name of the Lord will be Saved”

The name of the Lord is "Jesus Christ of Nazareth" (Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12).

When you type the words "Anyone who asks to be saved will be saved..."

you are paraphrasing Joel 2:32, Romans 10:13 in such a way that it can be interpreted to mean that I can ask Allah to save me and I will be saved...or that I can ask God to save me apart from Jesus Christ and I will be saved...

Is this what you are contending for?

If what you say is true, Jesus and Paul are Heretical Liars ( Rom 10:13.....” Everyone that calls on the name of the Lord will be Saved.”

Again, the name of the Lord is "Jesus Christ of Nazareth" (Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12). There is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.

You have paraphrased the verse in question to include people in it that it does not include.

If you truly believed that Jesus died for your sins, you would not be scared to death that you will die without Repenting of all of them..

I have no such fear....I repented of my sins a long time ago.

Justbyfaith, its good to see you always using someone else's material.

Whose material was I using?

I assure you that it is my own material in the OP.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think I can add anything to the cross of Christ. All my own righteousness is as filthy rags before God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I can add anything to the cross of Christ. All my own righteousness is as filthy rags before God.

The Cross of Christ has to do with Christ's blood being shed on our behalf.

And Christ's blood does not only justify us (as per Romans 5:9).

It also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Now, can it be applied and not perform all of its functions?

Can it sanctify and cleanse, for example, without justifying the individual?

In the same manner, it cannot justify an individual without also sanctifying and cleansing him.

It is not adding to the Cross of Christ to say that I am sanctified and cleansed by His blood that was shed on the Cross.

Therefore, living a holy life is not "adding to the Cross of Christ".

Rev 19:8, And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(cont'd)...

Now we receive the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14) and if we have been given the Holy Spirit, we obey Him (Acts of the Apostles 5:32).

There is more to that passage.

Rom 8:9, But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10, And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11, But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12, Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13, For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14, For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

In v. 12, it should be clear that if you have the Holy Spirit, you are not obligated to walk after the flesh and it may even be that you owe it to God to walk according to the Spirit.

Here is another passage that is of relevance.

Gal 5:16, This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17, For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18, But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

This passage tells us what it means to walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit; and it is a companion passage to Romans 8:1-14; which we have shared above.

Just one problem. New Testament Repentance is not a turning away from sin, but a change of mind! It is the greek word "meta" "noioa"

And that change of mind is that jesus death and resurrection are the only acceptable thing God the Father accepts for our salvation. After we are saved and receive the new nature we learn to turn away from sin. but that is not repentance, but turning from something to someone. and those who say grace is a license to sin are just as off as those who say you have to turn from sin before you can be saved!

There are sins you commit you do not even know are sins. We cannot turn fropm a sin until we have the Spirit illuminating our new man teaching us that it is sin.

Believe it or not there are legions of Americans who do not think fornication is a sin. Are you saying they have to turn from that before they can get saved? Or lying? or covetousness? NoNONO!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just one problem. New Testament Repentance is not a turning away from sin, but a change of mind! It is the greek word "meta" "noioa"

And that change of mind is that jesus death and resurrection are the only acceptable thing God the Father accepts for our salvation. After we are saved and receive the new nature we learn to turn away from sin. but that is not repentance, but turning from something to someone. and those who say grace is a license to sin are just as off as those who say you have to turn from sin before you can be saved!

There are sins you commit you do not even know are sins. We cannot turn fropm a sin until we have the Spirit illuminating our new man teaching us that it is sin.

Believe it or not there are legions of Americans who do not think fornication is a sin. Are you saying they have to turn from that before they can get saved? Or lying? or covetousness? NoNONO!
Again, this seems to be setting forth the idea that there are two Gods...one in the Old Testament and the other in the New.

For if there is one God in the Old and New Testaments, then there is also one definition for repentance in both Testaments.

The definition for repentance according to our singular God is what we find in Ezekiel 33:11-20.

'nuff said!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
New Testament Repentance is not a turning away from sin, but a change of mind!
Repentance is not merely a change of mind (a mental exercise), as is clear from this:
Strong's Concordance
metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose
Original Word: μετανοέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metanoeó
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)
Definition: to change one's mind or purpose
Usage: I repent, change my mind,
change the inner man (particularly with reference to acceptance of the will of God),
repent.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
...used especially of those who, conscious of their sins and with manifest tokens of sorrow, are intent; on obtaining God's pardon; to repent (Latinpaenitentiam agere): μετανοῶ ἐν σάκκῳ καί σποδῷ, clothed in sackcloth and besprinkled with ashes, Matthew 11:21; Luke 10:13. to change one's mind for the better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins: Matthew 3:2; Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:15 (cf. Matthew 3:6 ἐξομολογούμενοι τάς ἁμαρτίας αὐτῶν; Matthew 3:8 and Luke 3:8 καρπούς ἀξίους τῆς μετανοίας, i. e. conduct worthy of a heart changed and abhorring sin); (Matthew 11:20; Mark 6:12); Luke 13:3, 5; Luke 15:7, 10; Luke 16:30; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Acts 17:30; Revelation 2:5, 16; Revelation 3:3, 19; on the phrase μετανοεῖν εἰς τό κήρυγμα τίνος, Matthew 12:41 and Luke 11:32, see εἰς, B. II. 2 d.; (Winer's Grammar, 397 (371)). Since τό μετανοεῖν expresses mental direction, the termini from which and to which may be specified: ἀπό τῆς κακίας, to withdraw or turn one's soul from, etc. (cf. Winers Grammar, 622 (577); especially Buttmann, 322 (277)), Acts 8:22; ἐκ τίνος, Revelation 2:21; Revelation 9:20; Revelation 16:11 (see ἐκ, I. 6; (cf. Buttmann, 327 (281), and Winer's Grammar, as above)); μετανοεῖν καί ἐπιστρέφειν ἐπί τόν Θεόν, Acts 26:20; followed by an infinitive indicating purpose (Winer's Grammar, 318 (298)), Revelation 16:9. (Synonym: see μεταμέλομαι.)

So it is a total turning away from sins and idols and turning to the living God and Christ. Kindly stop promoting your false doctrines.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who teach that we must turn from sin or else we are not saved are teaching according to the Bible.

For we are born dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1); and therefore if we are not going to be workers of iniquity, we must repent.

It should be clear that workers of iniquity shall be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

Those who work the works of the flesh shall not inherit the kingdom (Galatians 5:19-21).

Therefore, if you are going to inherit the kingdom, you must cease from working the works of the flesh (i.e. repent).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who teach that we must turn from sin or else we are not saved are teaching according to the Bible.

For we are born dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1); and therefore if we are not going to be workers of iniquity, we must repent.

It should be clear that workers of iniquity shall be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

Those who work the works of the flesh shall not inherit the kingdom (Galatians 5:19-21).

Therefore, if you are going to inherit the kingdom, you must cease from working the works of the flesh (i.e. repent).

If you have any other questions for me, PM me.

Maybe outside the public arena we'd have a better discussion.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have any other questions for me, PM me.

Maybe outside the public arena we'd have a better discussion.

Much love!
I prefer to keep my discussions in the public arena.

That way, I am not wasting my energy on only one person; but in keeping my discussions public I am able to kill many birds with one stone.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(cont'd)...

Now we receive the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14) and if we have been given the Holy Spirit, we obey Him (Acts of the Apostles 5:32).

There is more to that passage.

Rom 8:9, But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10, And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11, But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12, Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13, For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14, For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

In v. 12, it should be clear that if you have the Holy Spirit, you are not obligated to walk after the flesh and it may even be that you owe it to God to walk according to the Spirit.

Here is another passage that is of relevance.

Gal 5:16, This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17, For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18, But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

This passage tells us what it means to walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit; and it is a companion passage to Romans 8:1-14; which we have shared above.

You have a problem with that post; but that post is 99% scripture and 1% exegesis.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider the Following......

Repentance and Conversion

by George Whitefield

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19, KJV).

It is a pity that modern preachers do not pay more attention to the method that the apostles followed in preaching Jesus Christ! The success and divine authority of their discourses should impress ministers of the gospel more than all modern schemes. If this were the case, ministers would first learn to sow and then to reap. They would endeavor to plow up the fallow ground and to prepare people for God's blessings to rain down upon them.

This is the way Peter preached when under divine influence at Pentecost. Despite the fact that many of his listeners were educated, prominent people, he boldly charged them with murdering the Son of God. His piercing accusation entered deep into their conscience and was used by the Holy Spirit to give them a proper sense of themselves.

The apostle then let them know that, although their sin was great, it was not unpardonable. They had been part of the horrid crime of murdering the Lord of life, and had thereby incurred the penalty of eternal death. Yet there was mercy for them in the way prescribed: "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19).

But must we preach conversion to a professing people? Some of you, perhaps, are ready to say, "Go among the savages and preach repentance and conversion there, or preach conversion to the drunkards." Possibly others will say, "Who are you to preach repentance and conversion to us?" However, if God's Spirit finds you out and reveals your heart, you will have a different opinion of yourselves and will not be angry with a minister of Jesus Christ for preaching conversion to your souls.

Conversion is not changing from one set of principles to another. You who have been raised with Christianity are in the greatest danger of being zealous for orthodox principles without being transformed by them into the image of God. Others think that they are converted because they have reformed their lifestyle. However, reformation is not renovation. The outside of the platter may be washed while the inside remains filthy. A person may turn from profaneness to morality and therefore believe that he is converted, yet his heart is still unrenewed.

You have not heard me, I hope, speak a word against reformation. You have not heard me speak a word against being good. No, both are right in their place. However, you may have this kind of conversion and yet never be truly converted at all.

What is conversion then? In order to be truly converted, a man must become a new creature and be converted from his own righteousness to the righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ. Conviction will always precede spiritual conversion. You may be convicted without being converted, but you cannot be converted without being convicted.

True conversion means turning not only from sin but also from depending on self-made righteousness. Those who trust in their own righteousness for conversion hide behind their own good works. This is the reason that self-righteous people are so angry with gospel preachers, because the gospel does not spare those who will not submit to the righteousness of Jesus Christ!

I could almost say this is the last stroke the Lord Jesus gave Paul to turn him to real Christianity. After describing him as a persecutor, Christ brought him out of himself by revealing His person and office as a Savior: "I am Jesus" (Acts 9:5). As a result, Paul would later say, "I count all things but loss . . . that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil. 3:8-9).

We talk in vain about being converted until we see ourselves as lost sinners and come to the Lord Jesus Christ to be washed in His blood and to be clothed in His imputed righteousness. The consequence of this application of Christ's righteousness to the soul will be a conversion from sin to holiness.

The Bible says, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Cor. 5:17). As a newborn child has all the parts of an adult, so when a person is converted to God, there are all the features of the new creature and growth until God translates him to glory. Anything short of this is but the shadow instead of the substance.

The author of conversion is the Holy Ghost. It is not based on free will or moral persuasion. Nothing short of the influence of the Spirit of the living God can effect this change in a person's heart. Therefore, we are said to be "born again" and "born of the Spirit" not only with water but with the Holy Ghost (John 3:3, 6).

Although there continues to be a contest between these two opposites, flesh and spirit, yet if we are truly converted, the spirit will gain the ascendancy. Nature and grace may struggle in the womb of a converted soul for a while like Jacob and Esau did in the womb, yet the elder shall serve the younger (Gen. 25:22-23).

Jacob shall supplant and turn out Esau, or at least keep him under. This is the way a person proves that he is converted.

How do you account for such a change within the heart? Is it not Godlike? Is it not divine? Have you felt it? Have you experienced it? I could spend a whole sermon in speaking of conversion, but I am afraid those who sit under the gospel have more need of heat than light. However, if you are not yet converted, upon what other grounds do you hope for conversion? You ought to repent and be converted, for until you do, you can never find true rest for your soul.

If it is asked why a person should repent and be converted, I answer, "Because without conversion, there is no way to be happy after you die." You must be converted or be damned. That is plain English, but not plainer than my Master used. I did not speak the word as strongly as He did when He said, "He that believeth not shall be damned" (Mark 16:16). That is the language of our Lord.

Some have said that hell is only a temporary punishment. Who told them so? God grant you may never know the meaning of Jesus' words "I never knew you" (Matt. 7:23) by awful experience! Conversion makes you happy in eternity, and without it, you are damned forever.

But you say, "All in good time. I do not choose to be converted yet." Why? What age are you now? Suppose you are fourteen. Do you not think it time to be converted? There was a young man buried last night who was seventeen. Are you forty or fifty? Is that not the time? There was a poor woman who died suddenly two or three days ago. God grant that may not be the case with any of you. The only way to prevent that is to be enabled to think that "now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Cor. 6:2).

It is a mercy that each of us has not been in hell a thousand times by now. How many are in hell that used to say, "Lord, convert me--but not now"? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Now can you blame me for calling after you? Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken! God help you! Save yourselves from a wicked generation!

If you are damned for lack of conversion, remember that you are not damned for lack of warning. Thousands have not had the gospel preached to them, but you have heard. If there is a deeper place in hell, God will order a gospel-despising church member to be put there. You will have dreadful torments. Of him to whom so much is given, much will be required. How dreadful to have minister after minister say, "Lord God, I preached, but they would not hear." Think of this, professors, and God make you possessors!

You young people, I charge you to consider. God help you to repent and be converted. He woos and invites you. You middle-aged people, O that you would repent and be converted. You old, grey-headed people, the Lord make you repent and be converted. O I could preach until I preached myself dead. I would be glad to preach myself dead if God would convert you! May God bless His work on you that you may blossom and bring forth fruits unto God. Amen.
That is not scripture. And, it can be taken to mean that a person can ask Allah to save them and they will be saved; or that a person can ask God to save them apart from faith in Jesus Christ and they will be saved.

Reactions: friend of