Repentance necessary for salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe that you can do wrong your whole life and still go to heaven...
So you believe that you will be in heaven with...
homosexuals...
child molesters...
drug addicts
Abortion doctors and their staff
cannibals
Voodooists
People like Hitler

Those are your words, not mine, why must you inflict them on me? To equate me with these, this is very distasteful to me. Of course, all of these can be forgiven. And such were some of you, but you were washed . . .

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 6:22-23, it should be clear that the fact that the gift of God is eternal life does not nullify the fact that the wages of sin is death; because part of the gift is that we are made free from sin. Therefore we do not earn the wages of sin any longer.

We have repented of sin and are now walking in freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57) over sin.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are your words, not mine, why must you inflict them on me? To equate me with these, this is very distasteful to me. Of course, all of these can be forgiven.

Much love!

Not your words...it is the meaning I am getting from your words.
The point is, answer the questions.
God is real, Christianity is real, and we are real...so to but faith in motion it has to workout. So what do you think?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
So you believe that you can do wrong your whole life and still go to heaven...
homosexuals...
child molesters...
drug addicts
cannibals
Voodooists
People like Hitler
They were. Are they not all justified sinners. If they were not, they won’t be in heaven. They can’t be in heaven. They will be in Hell.

Tong
R2789

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only preach the truth and hope that people will hearken to what I say and repent.

Each man is held accountable for what they hear.

In the end, I will be counted as a faithful servant because I gave to you the whole counsel of God; therefore your blood is no longer on my head if you refuse (forbear).

Eze 3:11, And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear.

Eze 3:27, But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, answer the questions.
Maybe a more specific question, the one you really want to ask maybe?

"Does sin count", that's not really specific. Count for what? Does sin condemn you? As a child of God? No.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 6:22-23, it should be clear that the fact that the gift of God is eternal life does not nullify the fact that the wages of sin is death; because part of the gift is that we are made free from sin. Therefore we do not earn the wages of sin any longer.

We have repented of sin and are now walking in freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57) over sin.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only preach the truth and hope that people will hearken to what I say and repent.

Each man is held accountable for what they hear.

In the end, I will be counted as a faithful servant because I gave to you the whole counsel of God; therefore your blood is no longer on my head if you refuse (forbear).

Eze 3:11, And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear.

Eze 3:27, But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe a more specific question, the one you really want to ask maybe?

"Does sin count", that's not really specific. Count for what? Does sin condemn you? As a child of God? No.

Much love!
No what I am asking is what I asked.
Do you believe that you can do wrong your whole life and still go to heaven...
homosexuals...
child molesters...
drug addicts
cannibals
Voodooists
People like Hitler

If heaven is for horrible sinners...what is hell for?
Wouldn't those that are good, feel out of place with those that are evil to the core?

Reactions: justbyfaith

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No what I am asking is what I asked.

Well then I'll do my best.

Do you believe that you can do wrong your whole life and still go to heaven...

Are we talking 100%? 1% but spread out lifelong? Are we talking about the wrong of cannibalism, or worry? Will lifelong worriers go to heaven?

homosexuals...
child molesters...
drug addicts
cannibals
Voodooists
People like Hitler

People were homosexuals but now are children of God.

People who did insult others, but now are children of God.

People who were child molesters, or cowards, or drug addicts, or litterers, or mass murderers, or overeaters, but now are children of God.

If heaven is for horrible sinners...what is hell for?
Wouldn't those that are good, feel out of place with those that are evil to the core?

Jesus came to call the sinner to repentance, not the righteous. God cleanses us of all unrighteousness. We look forward to a new heaven and new earth wherein righteousness dwells.

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the deal...
I can talk straight forwardly about what I believe, because it is true and is congruent with the Bible as a whole.
This thinking of hyper-Grace and perpetual forgiveness, cause people to talk in circles, dodge the issue, because what they believe does not make sense and it not congruent with the Bible.

They have to ignore the scriptures that address sin and Judgment Day and then they are left with another problem because most people are not comfortable with these contradictions.

You can see it because when these scriptures are quoted, they become confrontational and defensive...like it is bad people that quote the scriptures. Like there is a good side and a bad side of the Bible. It is easy to see the quagmire that exist within them.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then I'll do my best.

Are we talking 100%? 1% but spread out lifelong? Are we talking about the wrong of cannibalism, or worry? Will lifelong worriers go to heaven?

People were homosexuals but now are children of God.

People who did insult others, but now are children of God.

People who were child molesters, or cowards, or drug addicts, or litterers, or mass murderers, or overeaters, but now are children of God.

Jesus came to call the sinner to repentance, not the righteous. God cleanses us of all unrighteousness. We look forward to a new heaven and new earth wherein righteousness dwells.

Much love!
Is the problem that you do not know the difference between stubbing your toe and cussing and eating children your entire life.
I am talking sins as lifestyle sins.
homosexuals...
child molesters...
drug addicts
cannibals
Voodooists
People like Hitler

Getting forgiveness for sins that are moments in time, is different than a life time of living in sin and practicing sin.
Then you get into the debate if Hitler found Christ in the last five minutes of his life...could he be saved. Interesting topic.
Then you have two different types of forgiveness of sin. If a homosexual is baptized, then his past sins and life are not remembered. But if he continues to practice homosexually the rest of his life...then he goes to Judgment Day with those sins unforgiven. You cannot repent sins that you are going to continue to do.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the problem that you do not know the difference between stubbing your toe and cussing and eating children your entire life.
All sin is unrighteousness.

I don't parse some sins as OK and others as NOT OK. That which is not of faith is sin, pure and simple.

And what about that "lifestyle sin" of overeating? Worry? A little too enamored of one's own appearance?

Are you including these in your Hall of Shame? Or only the really naughty sins?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thinking of hyper-Grace and perpetual forgiveness, cause people to talk in circles, dodge the issue, because what they believe does not make sense and it not congruent with the Bible.
Let's see if this is the case or not.

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't parse some sins as OK and others as NOT OK.

See gotcha talking in circles. That is what this belief does to people... It is not a matter of OK, it is matter of if they are going to hell.

And what about that "lifestyle sin" of overeating? Worry? A little too enamored of one's own appearance?

Again you do not see the difference of overeating and eating children your entire life. Christianity is not like the Mosaic Law where you break one commandment and you break them all. There is a level of evilness that you are suggesting will fill heaven. That is simply not true.
Are you including these in your Hall of Shame? Or only the really naughty sins?

It is a concept that does not workout. Heaven full of evil! Quite the concept. Where are those that lived for Christ suppose to go? You are never going to find a scripture that says evil will abide in heaven.
And there are a lot of scriptures that prove that evil will not go to heaven with no stipulation of forgiveness.
And I know you know them...but you do not want to look at them...because you do not like them?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or Jeffry Dahmer.

Is God's grace sufficient?

To say that Christ died on the cross for people like Jeffry Dahmer and Hitler is saying that Christ started a religion of sanctioned evil.
Then again could they get forgiveness...that is debatable and ultimately up to Christ, but if you make it to heaven and the guy next you starts putting ketchup on your arm, I would find another seat.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See gotcha talking in circles. That is what this belief does to people... It is not a matter of OK, it is matter of if they are going to hell.
Not sure what you mean, what circles?

All sin is sin. Right?

Much love!