Request prayer for my stepson.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless his heart, praying to the Lord that he regains his strength, that he will come through this dark place spiritually....it’s a horrible place to be, I was in that place ,when I was bed ridden for 3 yrs, with post viral fatigue syndrome......very much in our thoughts and prayers Robert......xx
Bedridden for three years? That's horrible.

Thank you for your prayers, Ritajanice.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Rita, and I apologize profusely for diverting attention away from your son's difficulties. Not that God can't handle prayers for both, but that was terribly selfish of me.

The cancer was discovered on Robert's forty-eighth birthday. This latest complication started back in December as an allergic reaction to a new chemo drug. A legion of evil microbes apparently saw the skin rash as an opportunity to invade an already weakened body, and it's taken multiple antibiotics (one of which had its own nasty side-effect) to knock it out. (Your description of Mark's symptoms sounded dreadfully familiar.) We hadn't thought of possibility of losing a foot or a leg (and I'm glad we didn't think of it), but he did have to have a skin graft over one of the ulcers on his feet. The swelling in his legs and feet has completely subsided for the first time in months (thank you, Lord), but he is terribly weak and is having to learn to walk again. He is also in a dark, dark place spiritually, which I hope and pray Mark is NOT experiencing.
Oh wow Lam, I thought he was 17 yrs old :contemplate: Don't know where I got that from! Doh.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am surprised nobody has told you to rebuke that demonic attack on your child.
Get the mother involved and both of you decapitate that demon.
Go after it and cast it out.
Show no mercy.
Then prophesy over that child.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Invoke the matriarch.
That is the mother bear anointing on all mothers.
Get offended at the source..the devil.
Get violent in the spirit.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Rita, and I apologize profusely for diverting attention away from your son's difficulties. Not that God can't handle prayers for both, but that was terribly selfish of me.

The cancer was discovered on Robert's forty-eighth birthday. This latest complication started back in December as an allergic reaction to a new chemo drug. A legion of evil microbes apparently saw the skin rash as an opportunity to invade an already weakened body, and it's taken multiple antibiotics (one of which had its own nasty side-effect) to knock it out. (Your description of Mark's symptoms sounded dreadfully familiar.) We hadn't thought of possibility of losing a foot or a leg (and I'm glad we didn't think of it), but he did have to have a skin graft over one of the ulcers on his feet. The swelling in his legs and feet has completely subsided for the first time in months (thank you, Lord), but he is terribly weak and is having to learn to walk again. He is also in a dark, dark place spiritually, which I hope and pray Mark is NOT experiencing.
You owe me no apology, I am glad you posted as it has enabled others to know more about what you are facing- my son is nowhere near as ill and is showing signs that the antibiotic are working at last. Xxxx
Is it confined to his leg, or has the swelling gone to the foot also?
He has a bite or cut on his shin, the swelling has moved up towards his knee rather than down to his foot. Yesterday it was agony when he got up to go to the hospital , this morning it was more bearable.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Robert will soon be home, Lambano, didn’t you say he was coming home Friday?...there’s no place like home to help recover, surrounded by all those that Love us, then he gets to see his beloved dog...

Not long now Robert, praying that your strength slowly begins to build..God Bless.xx

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert will soon be home, Lambano, didn’t you say he was coming home Friday?...there’s no place like home to help recover, surrounded by all those that Love us, then he gets to see his beloved dog...

Not long now Robert, praying that your strength slowly begins to build..God Bless.xx
Yep. Friday's the big day. We met with the hospital team yesterday and they gave us instructions on how to handle the indignities of toileting (same as the issues @Debp is handling with her mother; we took home a portable commode reminiscent of a child's potty chair), how to inject antibiotics through a PICC line, instructions on entering and exiting vehicles, getting into and out of bed, etc. And then spent a couple hours installing a wheelchair ramp up the garage steps. OJ the cat, who rules the garage at night, seemed delighted by it.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yep. Friday's the big day. We met with the hospital team yesterday and they gave us instructions on how to handle the indignities of toileting (same as the issues @Debp is handling with her mother; we took home a portable commode reminiscent of a child's potty chair), how to inject antibiotics through a PICC line, instructions on entering and exiting vehicles, getting into and out of bed, etc. And then spent a couple hours installing a wheelchair ramp up the garage steps. OJ the cat, who rules the garage at night, seemed delighted by it.
That’s great news, Lambano, ...Praise God,xx

Ps, they have given you a lot of instructions....is it in written form as well?

I can’t retain instructions in my head,( I know some can) ,they have always had to give me instructions in writing,lol.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s great news, Lambano, ...Praise God,xx

Ps, they have given you a lot of instructions....is it in written form as well?
Roger the "Praise God xx". :woohoo!:

Oh yes, they sent us home with a folder full of written instructions. In particular, the PICC line instructions are critical and absolutely cannot be left to whims of memory.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Roger the "Praise God xx". :woohoo!:

Oh yes, they sent us home with a folder full of written instructions. In particular, the PICC line instructions are critical and absolutely cannot be left to whims of memory.
I won’t keep firing questions at you, as I’m sure you are getting everything ready for your stepsons homecoming.

PICC line instructions, I must google that, please keep us updated on Roberts progress at home,xx

Reactions: Debp and TLHKAJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My younger stepson was having trouble forming sentences. Fearing a stroke or TIA, we called 911. Now it's looking more like brain cancer. I learned a new term: "Glioblastoma". It's as nasty as the name sounds. Your prayers would be appreciated.

Aw…so sorry to hear that. Prayer circle him, cradle him, with only converted believers. Pray for what is impossible for man but not beyond Gods Power.

Praying with you,

Glory to God,
Taken

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How is it going Lambano, presuming that Robert is home- a bit daunting with all the things you will have to do. It takes awhile to adapt to a different kind of home life xxxxxx
Hope he is happy to see his dog, and the rest of the family xx

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PICC line instructions, I must google that, please keep us updated on Roberts progress at home,xx
A PICC line is a catheter leading into a vein, and it is used for administering intravenous antibiotics. The medical staff at the hospital spent considerable time training us for that task, so it hasn't been an issue so far.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A PICC line is a catheter leading into a vein, and it is used for administering intravenous antibiotics. The medical staff at the hospital spent considerable time training us for that task, so it hasn't been an issue so far.
That’s brilliant news, as you continue to grow in confidence, it will get easier, on saying that, something as serious as administering intravenous antibiotics ....you can never take your eye off the ball so to speak,...do you take administering the antibiotics in turns?

Hope everything is going well for Robert, I bet he was happy to be reunited with his dog,xx

Reactions: Debp

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it going Lambano, presuming that Robert is home- a bit daunting with all the things you will have to do. It takes awhile to adapt to a different kind of home life xxxxxx
Hope he is happy to see his dog, and the rest of the family xx
Thank you, Rita. Yes, it is quite daunting. We were well-trained to handle the intravenous medications, but we grossly underestimated how weak he would be and how that impacts everyday life. We have the home health care service coming over this afternoon to help.

That’s brilliant news, as you continue to grow in confidence, it will get easier, on saying that, something as serious as administering intravenous antibiotics ....you can never take your eye off the ball so to speak,...do you take administering the antibiotics in turns?

Hope everything is going well for Robert, I bet he was happy to be reunited with his dog,xx

Thank you, Ritajanice. Indeed we do; I take the morning shift; my wife takes the afternoon and evening shifts. And "take your eye off the ball" metaphor is actually quite literal in this case; the antibiotic comes in a ball. When it has shriveled up like a raisin, the procedure is complete.

And the dog was so happy she pooped on the rug.

And I stepped in it.

An appropriate metaphor indeed.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And the dog was so happy she pooped on the rug.

And I stepped in it.
Some Dogs do that, especially when they LOVE their owner, ..they also wee, my Rosie used to wee..

You had to step in it didn’t you,hehehe,xx.

I’m so happy to read that you both take turns administering the antibiotics....you’re a team!....xx

Hope you continue to get stronger, Robert, now that you are at home and surrounded by your family and beloved dog.....God Bless,xx