Requirements

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you fullfilling that perfectly with equal regard to truth as well as love ? when people walk away from you do they know you serve a God of perfect justice as well as perfect love ? do they know all of the God you serve or only part of him ? do they know his hatred of sin as well as his love for the sinner ?

Perfect love includes justice.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
First requirement: Acknowledging that "I am a sinner and lost in my sins." Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

Second requirement: Realizing that we cannot save ourselves by works and that salvation comes only by God's grace through faith. Ephesians 2:8,9: "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man snould boast."

Third requirement: Calling on the Lord in repentence by faith and trusting Him to save us. The Publican's simple prayer that sent him home justified before God was, "God, be merciful to me a sinner." My prayer was "Lord, please forgive me of my sins and save me." I went to bed that night as a new creature in Christ--no longer afraid of dying and ending up in hell.

Once we are saved, we will be convicted of any sin that we even think about commiting; that's what happens with me. God's promise in Romans 10:13 is "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

However, God knows your very thoughts and motives and will know if you're not sincere in repenting of sin and wanting a nw life in Christ. I've come across people who think they're Christians for all kinds of wrong reasons. I've been told, "My parents raised me that way", "My husband and I were both raised that way", "Of course I'm a Christian; I'm an American, and "This is a Christian nation--so everybody's going to heaven."

None of those work. Only calling upon the Lord, recognizing and admitting to being lost and without hope, and asking for forgiveness and salvation works. God has promised that he save "Whosoever" calls upon him in repentgence and by faith, and the grace and love of God know no limits.